Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There are several significant shortcomings with the Ford study, I think already mentioned in more detail. Doctors need to depend on and be satisfied with these sorts of studies, not 'partisans'. Who are to here to gab, not care for patients.
Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 08:15 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Right, that's what I thought.

The Henry Ford WHIP study is looking at prophylaxis.

India has been using low dose or infrequent Plaquenil for HC worker prophylaxis with some success.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Hyc...4dUDCAs&uact=5

Old 07-31-2020, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Rep. Louie Gohmert: "I'll use zinc, Erythromycin, & Hydroxychloroquine" to fight COVID-19
Wouldn't it be awful if goober, er... Gohmert ends up on a respirator?

Get well soon.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Hydroxychloroquine is unfairly demonized by the Media and they have discredited formerly accredited scientists in an attempt to disparage Trump.

The Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.

Trump does it to himself without any help from the Democrats. We just shake our heads at his shamefulness.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Give urine tests to the Dems to see how many have been taking HCQ prophylactically or therapeutically while shaming others for using it.
Simply poll the doctors. I'm on several larger doc/medical forums, and it sounds like very few are still using it. At least many more speak against it. Whereas early on we were using it. I gave it to my wife with some success.

Most don't know that other countries, esp China already had experience, and we docs early on were following their suggestions. This didn't all just start with the Pres spouting off! At least the medical side didn't.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
India has been using low dose or infrequent Plaquenil for HC worker prophylaxis with some success.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Hyc...4dUDCAs&uact=5

Yeah, I haven't dug too deeply into the details of those studies, personally. Perhaps it's a bit xenophobic, but I'll trust the Henry Ford prophylaxis study more than anything coming out of India.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will only dismiss it if it comes from a biased source. I don't want the FOX News opinion. I don't want the CNN opinion. I want actual proof from scientists who have been studying this stuff, and stuff that is actually been approved to work. I have a problem because people are only about political gain. Fighting Covid-19 should have been about fighting this disease. Instead, it's a political issue. And I get the feeling many people are all about people who share their political opinion, rather than an actual proven medical fact.
You need to read legitimate orthodox medical literature, as the war is being fought by the medical communities apolitically. The politics is out here on these blogs. Although I am seeing a few more politically based discussions on the doctor forums. I guess inevitable with all this hype about Plaquenil.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:25 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
If he is asymptomatic, there's nothing to "treat".

Old 07-31-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yeah, I haven't dug too deeply into the details of those studies, personally. Perhaps it's a bit xenophobic, but I'll trust the Henry Ford prophylaxis study more than anything coming out of India.
Cripes it's been 4 months! Do you know of any preliminary data from that study?

Old 07-31-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If he is asymptomatic, there's nothing to "treat".
Bingo.

Wouldn't stop him from crowing about how HCQ "saved his life" though, I'd wager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies