Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 01:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times

Advertisements

Any vaccine no matter how effective?

The entire country shut down for a year?

Close all stores and have only online shopping?

Daily testing and can only leave the house if negative?

At WHAT POINT will you stop being terrified and angry at those who aren't afraid?

At WHAT POINT will you go about your life without a mask/gloves/distancing?

Asking because a 10 year old just committed suicide from social isolation.
How long would he have had to wait for you to stop being scared? Another week> 4 years> how long???

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-10-2020 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 01:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Nope.

Looking for an answer.

Do you have one?

What would it TAKE for those terrified ... to stop being terrified and start demanding that the country be reopened?

Do you have an answer? Nope? Nothing will make you feel safe ever again??? Plan to wear a mask for the rest of your lifetime?

Old 08-10-2020, 01:36 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,421,437 times
Nope, nothing will make me feel safe except locking down the entire country for ten years, not allowing anyone to leave the house during that time, and the military bring food and supplies to everyone. Only very essential services like hospitals, fire, etc, can operate. All prices suspended, all debt suspended, elections suspended. Violation of anything is ten years in prison at a special camp in Kansas.

Is that the answer you are looking for?

Old 08-10-2020, 01:37 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

At WHAT POINT will you stop being terrified and angry at those who aren't afraid?

How long would he have had to wait for you to stop being scared? Another week> 4 years> how long???
I'm not terrified of it. But I do wear a mask, socially distance and avoid crowds when I can. I don't know how long I'll be taking those precautions. It's doesn't hurt me to do it, so it's not a problem. I'm not angry at those who aren't afraid. However, I do get angry when people don't do simple things like wear masks and socially distance because the science is there. And I hate when people ignore science because of politics.

It's very sad about the 10 year old. I have friends who have children, and they're not locked in their houses. They still go outside, ride bikes, take music lessons outdoors. They just maintain their distance and wear masks.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-10-2020 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Quote edit

Old 08-10-2020, 01:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,551,917 times
So, no real answers so far. Why are we not surprised?

Old 08-10-2020, 01:45 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,421,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So, no real answers so far. Why are we not surprised?
Because the questions are stupid, that is why.

Put anything else in place of "COVID", it would still be stupid questions.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:47 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,223,083 times
I'll feel safe when the Coronavirus just "goes away" like our so called president promised us that it would.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times
I'd like to see the US deaths consistently fall below 500 a day, for a couple weeks.

And hospitalizations level way back down.

I do think we'll have a real turning point at the end of August, where we'll either be well on the way to reopening, or we'll realize this thing is going to take a vaccine to get rid of it.

And yes, I do agree with you about what this is doing to our young people. I'm a youth group leader, and we met socially distanced for the first time yesterday since this thing started, and we were shocked at how sullen and listless this group of usually extremely active and social children are. This is definitely hurting them - they describe it as 'boredom' themselves, but they look paralyzed by anxiety to me.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:52 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,809,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I’m not terrified here but I would feel better if I didn’t hear that people are being told they have tested positive when they haven’t even taken the test. I don’t have a large circle but I’ve heard this twice now.

Can we get balance for once- Can the alarmist be truthful? Can the this is no worse than the flu crowd- practice a little precaution like social distancing.

And for the crowd waiting for someone (leader) to tell them what to do- how about simply applying common sense. Wash hands, quit wandering around stores aimlessly, stay away from other people as much as possible

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Quote edit

Old 08-10-2020, 01:58 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,400,260 times
I'd feel better if at least 90% of Americans were choosing to do the right things (masks, distancing, handwashing, not packing into bars ffs).

I'm not scared of the virus as our family is not high risk, but I'm concerned for others and scared that if Americans do not start doing the right things and stop all the freaking whining that we'll never get out from under this. I've got places to go and things to do. Quit your damn whining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies