Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 PM

7,495 posts, read 7,179,877 times

Advertisements

Huh, I thought it was a hoax????

President did nothing for over 6 weeks so he was not concerned which is why we are in this horrible situation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I'll feel safe when the Coronavirus just "goes away" like our so called president promised us that it would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 04:36 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
What we should have done to begin with.. Shut the damn country down for a MONTH back in April until the situation was suppressed and we figured out with what were dealing with . This severity of this would have been wiped out a month or two ago.. But nooo. the corporate Right Wingers need their millions

The ridiculous thing about all this is, sooner or later (By Novemeber and December during Flu Season), The country is going to have to shut down regardless because we didn't deal with this issue aggressively early

Old 08-10-2020, 04:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
What we should have done to begin with.. Shut the damn country down for a MONTH back in April until the situation was suppressed and we figured out with what were dealing with . This severity of this would have been wiped out a month or two ago.. But nooo. the corporate Right Wingers need their millions

The ridiculous thing about all this is, sooner or later (By Novemeber and December during Flu Season), The country is going to have to shut down regardless because we didn't deal with this issue aggressively early
So you are saying that there is no situation where the country will ever go back to normal? Is that what you mean? You will never feel safe ever again?

Old 08-10-2020, 05:40 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Huh, I thought it was a hoax????

President did nothing for over 6 weeks so he was not concerned which is why we are in this horrible situation now.
What did you expect him to do? Be a dictator and demand every state do as they are told? That's not how things work. It's up to each state to formulate their plans when it comes to dealing with the virus.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:47 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
A vaccine would make me feel safe.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:47 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What would the point of testing be? If everyone is positive, everything would open back up? Not sure I understand.

And you want mandatory masks forever?
In the hotspots where I live- yes. Damm right I want masks. I’m ok as far as I know, but I’d like to visit my mom WITH CONFIDENCE that I don’t spread it. MY mom is 77 with an autoimmune condition (Sjolgren’s) I have to say that the people in my hometown are complying no matter their politics, income level or race/ethnicity. I’m glad to see that. It WAS NOT that way a month ago.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:23 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Children who commit suicide have severe mental health issues that may be aggravated by social situations but it rarely is that one instance.

And not one parent of small children I know has completely isolated their kids. They all adapted bubbles, created outdoor play situations for their kids.

And in the mean time....at no time were all stores closed (and how does that help a child with mental health issues)........

Nobody is terrified.....folks are concerned, thoughtful, careful.

You might be overly emotional right now.........and that is understandable.

Kids need socialization, kids need schools........but kids also need to be safe and their parents and caregivers need to be safe.

Each one of us has to balance our mental and physical healthy and that of our family's mental and physical health.

I'm sorry for your loss.
My parents kept me socially isolated. When I'd make a friend, my father would let the kid's parents know what a horrible person I was and then my friend was no more. That started when I was four years old and entered preschool. My father encouraged me to kill myself from the time I was around four or five years old, and I fantasized dying ever since. I'm in my 40s and have never had a true friend in my life.

My father would even kill my pets. He'd bring home a kitten and I'd care about it. Then he'd kill it after I cared about it. I told someone at the school when I was little and he lied and said I did it. I was treated like a monster after that by the teachers.

I'll never have true social skills. I have severe C-PTSD because of the way I was raised. I have been in and out of therapy since I was 8 years old.

Children are not born with mental health issues. Something happens to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

The area I live in has been under shutdown since March. Until June the only things open were grocery stores, drug stores, banks (only drive thru), and some fast food places (only drive thru). Most people have been wearing masks since April/May. We now have tent cities in the town because there's so many homeless people. The dentist was closed for months, so I couldn't get seen and ended up with an abscessed jaw. Cavities got so bad I am losing some teeth. They can no longer fix them. And the whole time I couldn't get anything for the pain and I still can't. I had to quit PT for car wreck because the government shut down the facilities. I have a spinal cord injury. I'm not allowed pain relief for that, either.

When they first shut everything down, it was supposed to reopen first part of April. Then it was May. Always more demands.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
In the hotspots where I live- yes. Damm right I want masks. I’m ok as far as I know, but I’d like to visit my mom WITH CONFIDENCE that I don’t spread it. MY mom is 77 with an autoimmune condition (Sjolgren’s) I have to say that the people in my hometown are complying no matter their politics, income level or race/ethnicity. I’m glad to see that. It WAS NOT that way a month ago.
I don't think you understand the question.

What would make you feel like things could go BACK to normal?

Or do you just believe that we will be wearing masks forever, and that there will never be a time where people aren't scared of COVID?

Old 08-10-2020, 06:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So, no real answers so far. Why are we not surprised?
Because people are not terrified. Everything in the first post is an exaggeration like most clickbait on these forums. He can't even dig up the incident that he tries to use to justify the post so people can fact check.

Some people know their personal health risks and live more conservatively. Others should be considerate for those who are not well enough to fight off the disease or for businesses who struggle because of the large number of infections. Do you want businesses to shut down because you and others infect other people? Studies have shown infection hot spots kill business even more than lockdowns.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:03 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Default Alyssa Milano has had some scary symptoms for a long time

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...odies-test.amp

It wasn’t “just like that flu” for her..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies