Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The question is: When will people feel safe enough to go about their lives again?
When masks and temp checks are required before entrance. That would mean stadiums and concert halls could be filled again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 05:36 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Epic fail. 0 for 3.

Not afraid.

Not a right winger.

Not a male.

Maybe answer the question instead of flinging what YOU perceive as insults.

When will YOU go back to normal? Never?

Not a right winger, huh? YET, you are parroting, the biggest and most popular talking point among conservatives, trumpers and right wingers. It's nothing but pure right wing dogma at this point. Your questions are compromised of one false narrative after another. No one wants daily testing, no one wants store closed for a year, etc., and it's also false premise to imply ppl are terrified and angry at those who aren't "afraid." If ppl are angry at anti maskers it's because they see a stupid person, who's also a potential health threat to everyone around them. It has nothing to do with you being, stupidly unafraid of a virus. If this thing wasn't so damn contagious, I couldn't care less if you wore a mask or not, and got covid. And even then, you're still a burden on society because if you end up hospitalized you're taking up needed bed space and doctors to treat you.

What we need is an actual leader to lead this country. We need a national plan in place, whether that be a mask mandate or whatever, so we can move forward.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:36 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Saying for "anyone [who] wants a vaccine [to] go for it" is not the same as encouraging others to take it.

That would be saying, "I do not plan to take it myself, but I hope that anyone with no contraindications will take it."
Do you want people to LIE and say that are getting the vaccine when they aren't? My family and close friends already know how I feel about vaccinations, and doctors, so it is never discussed. They also know it will only cause a fight should they try "encourage" me.

I agree with newtovenice. Don't care if others get it, including my own family members. Pro-choice.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:43 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Not a right winger, huh? YET, you are parroting, the biggest and most popular talking point among conservatives, trumpers and right wingers. It's nothing but pure right wing dogma at this point. Your questions are compromised of one false narrative after another. No one wants daily testing, no one wants store closed for a year, etc., and it's also false premise to imply ppl are terrified and angry at those who aren't "afraid." If ppl are angry at anti maskers it's because they see a stupid person, who's also a potential health threat to everyone around them. It has nothing to do with you being, stupidly unafraid of a virus. If this thing wasn't so damn contagious, I couldn't care less if you wore a mask or not, and got covid. And even then, you're still a burden on society because if you end up hospitalized you're taking up needed bed space and doctors to treat you.

What we need is an actual leader to lead this country. We need a national plan in place, whether that be a mask mandate or whatever, so we can move forward.
A mandatory mask is nothing in comparison to mandatory testing and mandatory vaccination. Do you understand the difference? However, there are some people who believe the former is the first step to the latter.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:22 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do you want people to LIE and say that are getting the vaccine when they aren't? My family and close friends already know how I feel about vaccinations, and doctors, so it is never discussed. They also know it will only cause a fight should they try "encourage" me.

I agree with newtovenice. Don't care if others get it, including my own family members. Pro-choice.
Where did you get the idea I said to lie about taking the vaccine? All I said was stop telling other people not to take it. If you do not want it you should actively encourage everyone else to take it even if you do not want to.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:24 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
A mandatory mask is nothing in comparison to mandatory testing and mandatory vaccination. Do you understand the difference? However, there are some people who believe the former is the first step to the latter.
If you do not want mandatory vaccination you should be campaigning for everyone to take it.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post

I've noticed you STILL haven't answered the question, except to say you want a new president.

So if the current president is re-elected, then what?

What is YOUR idea of safe?

Never leaving your house ever again in your lifetime?

Can YOU answer the question for YOU and not hiding behind someone else?

Old 08-14-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you do not want mandatory vaccination you should be campaigning for everyone to take it.
Logic fail. If you don't want ice cream, you should campaign everyone else to run out and eat it???

Just. Epic. Fail. On. All. Counts.

Smoke and mirrors, very. very tiresome.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
When masks and temp checks are required before entrance. That would mean stadiums and concert halls could be filled again.
Forever?

At what point would you be OK with returning to life as normal?

I'm seeing a trend here that people just don't ever want to go back to normal. It's disturbing.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 AM

13,606 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So, no real answers so far. Why are we not surprised?
Because he asked the question of those who are terrified of COVID-19, and I don’t know anyone that I would say is “terrified “. I wear a seat belt when I drive, but I wouldn’t say that I’m terrified of having an accident. I wear deodorant, but I wouldn’t say that I’m terrified of BO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies