Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:58 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Logic fail. If you don't want ice cream, you should campaign everyone else to run out and eat it???

Just. Epic. Fail. On. All. Counts.

Smoke and mirrors, very. very tiresome.
What a lame post.

I am not the one having problems with logic.

If eating ice cream would prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, yes, you should campaign for everyone else to eat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 11:25 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,820 times
Quote:
Are you demanding things go back to normal? Why or why not?

Comes down to this: Afraid or not afraid to get COVID. It's funny, because people are so quick to say, 'I'm not afraid,' as they wear mask and gloves, stay 10 feet away from everyone else and refuse to go see their family.

But they are NOT afraid. Right?

That's why the question was posed that way.

And I'm not male.
Fear is not a negative emotion or one that should be avoided. It’s your brain’s way of evaluating risk for the purpose of self-preservation.

Last edited by abbottkd71; 08-14-2020 at 12:27 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 11:32 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Are you demanding things go back to normal? Why or why not?

Comes down to this: Afraid or not afraid to get COVID. It's funny, because people are so quick to say, 'I'm not afraid,' as they wear mask and gloves, stay 10 feet away from everyone else and refuse to go see their family.

But they are NOT afraid. Right?

That's why the question was posed that way.

And I'm not male.

None of the things you list indicate that someone is afraid. Simply that they are taking reasonable precautions to ensure that they and their loved ones are safe.

Seems to me that it's those who aren't wearing masks who are afraid. Afraid of discomfort, science, the boogeyman...

Old 08-14-2020, 11:40 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Wedding old custom. Bride wears a veil covering her face. Groom lifts the veil, and supposedly see her face and kisses her for the first time.

So now the "new normal" will be that a couple will be wearing masks at their wedding and only see each other's faces and kiss when they exchange vows"

New normal?
First of all, people see each other's faces before they marry now, lol. I guess if they're living together or it's a small wedding or only them in attendance, they wouldn't see the need for masks.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:48 AM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Forever?

At what point would you be OK with returning to life as normal?

I'm seeing a trend here that people just don't ever want to go back to normal. It's disturbing.
That's why they keep calling this the "new normal."

Old 08-14-2020, 11:51 AM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
So people here are saying that we wont return to normal for a very long time. Just imagine the children growing up this way, when they become adults it will be considered normal for them,and then it will be normal. So give it 10 years and the new normal will just be normal and going back to anything less would be abnormal.
It's one way to keep people from forming groups. Any multiple people gathering would be 'reported' and broken up. It's easier to control people if they're in smaller numbers.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:07 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It's one way to keep people from forming groups. Any multiple people gathering would be 'reported' and broken up. It's easier to control people if they're in smaller numbers.
Socially distancing flash mobs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9lWTW9j7To

Old 08-15-2020, 06:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What a lame post.

I am not the one having problems with logic.

If eating ice cream would prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, yes, you should campaign for everyone else to eat it.
Nope, you are moving goal posts, have to change the post so it fits your pro-pharma, pro-vaccine, pro-mandatory vaccination and absolute, 100% stance AGAINST MEDICAL FREEDOM. Because you can't argue the basics. And of course, insert idiotic emoji because you can't use words.

Yet another epic fail of smoke and mirrors. Tiresome, tiresome, tiresome.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Unless they are doing what the government wants ... and in that case, group gatherings are allowed. I mean, they said it was OK to gather in huge groups if it was a specific type of protest only. Can't protest against what you would like, just this one ideology.

And of course, there is not ONE case of COVID from any of the looters/rioters/protestors ANYWHERE across the entire USA. None.

Not ONE case. It's a medical miracle. Really and truly.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
I'm not afraid of the Covid -19 virus. I survived a nasty cancer, I don't have many things left on the bucket list, and the actual death rate vs infected rate is pretty low. That doesn't mean that I want to try my luck and catch it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies