Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetV123 View Post
Sigh!

OK, I'll bite. It depends on the winning margin of votes (popular and electoral). Because this gives me a clue on how many people truly believe in COVID-19 and take precautions. Trump supporters wouldn't wear a mask and that would make me feel unsafe so I need the New President's winning margin to be YUGE ...
Still haven't answered the question ....

What would make you go back to living your life as normal? You said a new president. I asked: So you get the new president, are you OK with acting as normal? And you deflect back to trump.

Can YOU answer the question for YOU?
What do YOU think? Not what trump/new president would do.
What DO YOU THINK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 09:45 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you do not want mandatory vaccination you should be campaigning for everyone to take it.
No, because I believe people can make up their own minds. It is their choice, not mine. I am not going to campaign for others take it, or NOT take it. None of my business.

Edit: I am not a medical profession like you.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:50 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Forever?

At what point would you be OK with returning to life as normal?

I'm seeing a trend here that people just don't ever want to go back to normal. It's disturbing.
I don't think there will be a pre-Covid normal for a long, long time. It's not that people don't want that, it's that we know it's not going to happen. Nobody wanted this pandemic. Nobody wanted to lose their jobs or overwhelm the hospital systems or get this disease with its long-term effects for some, or die or lose loved ones. We all would love the pre-Covid normal. But wishing and being angry because we don't have isn't going to help. But I understand the need to express emotions. It's a difficult time.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
When masks and temp checks are required before entrance. That would mean stadiums and concert halls could be filled again.
I don't know that venues will ever be 100% capacity for a long time. Most will probably remain at 50% for the foreseeable future. The majority of people aren't comfortable being on top of one another.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:56 AM

7,379 posts, read 3,536,587 times
So people here are saying that we wont return to normal for a very long time. Just imagine the children growing up this way, when they become adults it will be considered normal for them,and then it will be normal. So give it 10 years and the new normal will just be normal and going back to anything less would be abnormal.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
So people here are saying that we wont return to normal for a very long time. Just imagine the children growing up this way, when they become adults it will be considered normal for them,and then it will be normal. So give it 10 years and the new normal will just be normal and going back to anything less would be abnormal.
Hard to know. When we're in the middle of something it's hard to see anything but that. No one knows what the future will look like.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Logic fail. If you don't want ice cream, you should campaign everyone else to run out and eat it???

Just. Epic. Fail. On. All. Counts.

Smoke and mirrors, very. very tiresome.
ROLF Somebody just doesn't understand.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, because I believe people can make up their own minds. It is their choice, not mine. I am not going to campaign for others take it, or NOT take it. None of my business.

Edit: I am not a medical profession like you.
She's not a medical or nursing or healthcare professional. Funny, she NEVER mentions that fact.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Because he asked the question of those who are terrified of COVID-19, and I don’t know anyone that I would say is “terrified “. I wear a seat belt when I drive, but I wouldn’t say that I’m terrified of having an accident. I wear deodorant, but I wouldn’t say that I’m terrified of BO.
Are you demanding things go back to normal? Why or why not?

Comes down to this: Afraid or not afraid to get COVID. It's funny, because people are so quick to say, 'I'm not afraid,' as they wear mask and gloves, stay 10 feet away from everyone else and refuse to go see their family.

But they are NOT afraid. Right?

That's why the question was posed that way.

And I'm not male.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Wedding old custom. Bride wears a veil covering her face. Groom lifts the veil, and supposedly see her face and kisses her for the first time.

So now the "new normal" will be that a couple will be wearing masks at their wedding and only see each other's faces and kiss when they exchange vows"

New normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies