Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 02:21 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Because the questions are stupid, that is why.

Put anything else in place of "COVID", it would still be stupid questions.
It's a logical question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. I've seen so many frightened people it makes me sad. I don't watch or listen to news and haven't in months. Common sense, some knowledge of history and understanding human nature works well if you don't have someone telling you 24/7 that there is a boogie man around every corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 02:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
That's like asking crazy people how to make them less crazy...

Old 08-11-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Thanks for reminding me, it's time to update my ignore list.
You are right Ellise. I just added you to mine, and it's the first time I've read any of you posts.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
If I had to guess, a fair number of people would feel much better with a full and complete shutdown until November 3, 2020. Just a guess, but I think it might be a very good one.
You hit the nail on the head.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A vaccine would make me feel safe.
I was part of the Swine Flu experiment (1976) and that didn't go so well. I was in the army so had no choice. In spite of my vocal reservations, I got the shot, got sick as did most of the people I worked with, and they quit giving the shot the following week.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:21 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Asking because a 10 year old just committed suicide from social isolation.
How long would he have had to wait for you to stop being scared? Another week> 4 years> how long???
No one is to be blame for a suicide... certainly not to make statement as you are attempting to do.

If anything suicide has more to do with our lack of acceptance and services to help those who suffer from mental illnesses.

- Signed,

Someone who deals each-and-every-single-day.

To answer your question... no we don't need to lock down long term to feel safe. What we need to do is have a plan to mitigate risk and a public that gives a damn.

Last edited by usayit; 08-11-2020 at 04:47 PM..

Old 08-11-2020, 08:42 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
So things only go back to normal when a mandatory vaccine has been given to the entire country?
Where is the word "mandatory" in the post you quoted? I do not see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP---Did you answer the questions you posed? If so, I must have missed it.
She is the one who is terrified - that there will be a vaccine and it will be mandated.

For me, personally, a vaccine will make me feel safer, but I will not modify my behavior (it is not going to be 100% effective) until there is evidence that the virus is not widely circulating.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
For Those Terrified of COVID: What WOULD Make You Feel Safe?
Everyone but I must stay home and all stores must be unlocked so I can get what I want when I want it.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Where is the word "mandatory" in the post you quoted? I do not see it.

She is the one who is terrified - that there will be a vaccine and it will be mandated.

For me, personally, a vaccine will make me feel safer, but I will not modify my behavior (it is not going to be 100% effective) until there is evidence that the virus is not widely circulating.
WHAT DO THE WORDS "WIDESPREAD DEPLOYMENT" MEAN TO YOU?

Yes, you love vaccines and are against medical freedom of any kind. Tiresome.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:50 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
WHAT DO THE WORDS "WIDESPREAD DEPLOYMENT" MEAN TO YOU?

Yes, you love vaccines and are against medical freedom of any kind. Tiresome.
It means widespread distribution.

https://www.google.com/search?q=depl...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Deployment:

"the action of bringing resources into effective action"

If you do not want it to be mandatory you should hope everyone else in the world is willing to take it. If they do, then there is no need to make it mandatory. If too few take it and herd immunity is not achieved, then it will be mandatory.

You are shooting yourself in the foot by ranting against a coronavirus vaccine that is not even available yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies