Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 01:28 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to laugh if you think its funny.

Economic Scorecard

Attachment 223012
Sorry to see you are one of those effected on this "scorecard" , I've only stated what I've seen in my own state. And from many of the replies I've seen in other threads, mine isn't the only state that has done well. Keep in mind, MI had no where to go except up after '07/'08
And the downturn many are suffering has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with a pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 01:33 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Democrat mantra... Country Over Party

Cities they control where they want to remove the police - over the weekend

76 shot, 14 dead in NYC

46 shot, 4 killed in Chicago

32 shot, 7 killed in Philadelphia

18 shot, 4 killed in Cincinnati

Democrats say defund the police. Marxist Black Lives Matter Inc says defund the police.

People on the ground of all races say they want the police.

Country over party? Not so much...
Democrat-run

Democrat-run

Democrat-run

Democrat-run

Had enough, yet?

Old 08-18-2020, 01:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sorry to see you are one of those effected on this "scorecard" , I've only stated what I've seen in my own state. And from many of the replies I've seen in other threads, mine isn't the only state that has done well. Keep in mind, MI had no where to go except up after '07/'08
And the downturn many are suffering has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with a pandemic.
So you are going back to the 2007-08 for comparison

Talk about moving the goal posts.

Unemployment in Michigan has more than tripled this year. Its nearly 15% unemployment, and you call that great??

Salaries are down 13%

https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.mi.htm

Quote:
And the downturn many are suffering has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with a pandemic
Of course. Nothing has anything to do with Trump, he is only the president, and must be elected for 4 more years.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-18-2020 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 01:42 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
So you are going back to the 2007-08 for comparison

Talk about moving the goal posts.

Unemployment in Michigan has more than tripled this year. Its nearly 15% unemployment, and you call that great??

Salaries are down 13%

https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.mi.htm
It wasn't about moving goal posts, it was about giving your boy some credit. And thanks for posting that link, from what I saw, all the change happened right about the same time...March.

This is all completely off topic, so why don't you start another thread if you want to discuss it. Maybe title it "are you doing better now than you where three and a half years ago ? " , oh wait, I think there is one of those and it seems to lean one way...

Old 08-18-2020, 01:52 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters. They got their guy in charge, and everything is nosediving, so they scream "this is what happens when you put Dems in change. We need 4 more years of Trump". They have no idea how absurd that sounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Reminder; it's not Republicans out there burning, looting, assaulting people and murdering cops.

Hope that helps.
I've said it before, both parties are different sides of the same coin.
on right leaning forums, we have members that will defend trump no matter what he says/does.
on left leaning forums, you have the people that will hate trump no matter what he says/does.

neither side is going to fix our societal problems. all it's bringing is division and infighting. our country was doomed from the start.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:58 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
At the rate they are killing each other off, pretty soon. there won't be any people left who need policing.

Maybe that is the Dems plan. First the Dems deployed Eugenics at Planned Parenthood, and now this.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:53 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The chaos under this administration -- it's crazy.

Gun violence always a problem -- it just seems worse right now.

WE live in an upper middle class community and our local policy are asking people weekly to not leave their guns in their cars unlocked.

I've never seen this before.

Clearly we need a change.
Only took nine post's to blame Trump, LOL.

Who did you blame for urban murder rates when Obama was President?

Let me guess, Bush.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Want your answer. Google how many smash and grab break in's occur of Firearms shops. Michigan alone has many. Add all those firearms that end up on the streets with people that are willing to break firearms laws by doing straw purchases. Theft out of vehicles, which should not be ignored is but a very small percentage.
Most of the firearms recovered Chicago originated in suburban gun stores, two in particular There is no limit on number of firearms or frequent purchases. Dang things keep going missing.

Guns originally acquired in Indiana and Mississippi also have a tendency to land in the hands of bad guys, in Chicago. I don’t get the Mississippi connection

Old 08-18-2020, 05:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's why we need gun control.

Thanks for stressing that point for us.
Most of the nation does fine with gun ownership, and so your gun control point is invalidated.

We don't give up free speech or any other right because some people can't handle it. We manage the population instead. We need control of the populations who can't manage weapon ownership.

Fund the Police. Black Lives Matter.

Thanks for stressing those points for us.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:59 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If posters don't believe the cities with a lot of problems are the ones that want to defund the police - maybe they'll believe this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEuCOfjTYQ
Way to go Kim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies