Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 06:47 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
When he was elected Trump talked about the all the crime and carnage in America's cities (crime was at a 50 year low then though) and said that HE ALONE COULD FIX IT.
I Wonder why he didn't fix it?????
We welcome the Feds here in Detroit.

"Right now in Detroit non-fatal shootings are up 51% and homicides up 25%. Although the federal help has only been here a few weeks, both Barr and Craig say they're starting to see changes.

"We started just on July 29, we've already charged 22 people mostly for gun offenses and the Marshalls have caught 81 fugitives and, of course, the police department itself is making a lot of arrests," Barr said."

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/us-...eration-legend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 06:59 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Progressives wnat a police state so they're promoting violence and anarchy. When they take over, the police will be given carte blanche to go in an crack down Tiananmen Square style. All the while crying that its conservatives that are causing the violence and racist confrontations.
Mmmm, where I have heard of this happening before...sometime in history it must be...sometime long ago...yeah, I remember, 2020 China takeover of Hong Kong and Taiwan! Yet, we have the a democrat Lebron James and others in the NBA supporting China, unwilling to speak out against them. Silence across the democrat party on this. Wake the heck up America! The communists are here in the form of the new democratic party (not all but many), liberal professors, liberal secondary educators, down to the lowest grade of education, and BIG BUSINESS (not all but many) who would profit from having control of legislatures and cheap labor. For decades now we have seen attacks from the left on gun rights, freedom of speech, taxpayer representation, freedom of religion etc. We are at the tipping point.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You could care less? So you do care then, this thing about knives is just bollox by the way, if you are interested in UK politics make sure you get your facts straight. The reality is murder rates in US cities are far higher than they are in their UK equivalents it's going to take more than just 'controlling' Democratically led cities.
Exactly. I don't know what is going on over there, except for what i can google. I don't know the whole story, just like you don't know exactly what is going on here. We have a violent crime issue in our inner cities. We have thousands of firearms laws already on the books. Criminals don't care about laws. More won't help.

So this is bollox ?

"London's murder numbers now exceed New York's. But the new murders teach old lessons: Drug wars are bad and weapon laws don't stop crime."

https://reason.com/2018/04/09/london...-re-teach-old/

Old 08-19-2020, 07:25 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Its a wonderful day in the Democrat neighborhood Children! Its all peaceful protesters according to CNN, MSNBC and the others "Go team blue!
This has nothing to do with protestors and everything to do with gang violence. It's twit/troll logic to tie it to a political party. This is a cultural mentality much like Isis. This mentality is passed down from generation to generation. Team red isn't going to solve the problem and team blue isn't going to solve the problem.

Old 08-19-2020, 02:40 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
The poorest, roughest areas of America's major cities have problems that neither Democrat or Republican can solve. Tough on crime laws will certainly get the criminals off of the streets. It doesn't seem to scare people who have severe anger issues. It doesn't scare people who believe violence is the answer to every problem. There is a problem. It lies with the mentality of those who are committing these murders. It lies with the gang members who kill each other over drug dealing territory. And why do people use drugs? How bad is someone's life that drug use is necessary? And the problem lies with people who have so much anger and hate in them that their mentality is "if you disrespect me or anger me, I will kill you".

Old 08-20-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The poorest, roughest areas of America's major cities have problems that neither Democrat or Republican can solve. Tough on crime laws will certainly get the criminals off of the streets. It doesn't seem to scare people who have severe anger issues. It doesn't scare people who believe violence is the answer to every problem. There is a problem. It lies with the mentality of those who are committing these murders. It lies with the gang members who kill each other over drug dealing territory. And why do people use drugs? How bad is someone's life that drug use is necessary? And the problem lies with people who have so much anger and hate in them that their mentality is "if you disrespect me or anger me, I will kill you".
Everyone keeps talking about the gangs and drugs causing the violence, and some of it does. The highlighted is where the majority of the issues are. The "beefs" and "dis's" are the issues. Weakness get's one killed in the hood , so if someone is dissed , they have to retort, and the only way is violence. Violence seems to be the only thing understood, the lack of respect for human life, the lack of any sort of empathy. These are the issues. The fact that it is ingrained itself into a culture is appalling. Throwing money at the issue isn't going to help, we've done that. How do you completely rewire generations of this type of behavior ?

Old 08-20-2020, 06:24 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,933 times
Only 29 shot dead over the weekend? And 172 shot?

On average, 100 people die each day due to gun violence. What's your point? 100,000 are shot every year. That is 275 per day. Seems like a good weekend by all measures.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:26 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I was watching " Joker" (a VERY overrated meh film) and it struck me just how it mirrored the progressive Antifa BLM movement when Gotham City was going **** hole. The Joker could be a key note speaker at the dem convention, he's one of them. The violence, the anarchy, the insanity and lawlessness, art imitates life.
Unfortunately trump is not Bat Man, maybe a churlish Commissioner Gordon.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:32 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Democrat mantra... Country Over Party

Cities they control where they want to remove the police - over the weekend

76 shot, 14 dead in NYC

46 shot, 4 killed in Chicago

32 shot, 7 killed in Philadelphia

18 shot, 4 killed in Cincinnati

Democrats say defund the police. Marxist Black Lives Matter Inc says defund the police.

People on the ground of all races say they want the police.

Country over party? Not so much...
A vote for Biden is a vote for the violence to continue. Democrat run cities are being destroyed. We need more police not less.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:33 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
A vote for Biden is a vote for the violence to continue. Democrat run cities are being destroyed. We need more police not less.
Too bad. The residents are getting exactly that for which they voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies