Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 09:45 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,622,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Really? Then this all this testing I've been hearing about on the radio news around here is like unto a spotted unicorn? It doesn't exist? Well, actually, to tell you the truth, maybe there is no accurate test. Why should I believe the news folks about the existence of covid testing when 90% of what they tell me about everything else is rubbish? They do get the weather right most of the time, though.
Correct & further, why not arrest everyone just "in case" they have a drink someday. Are not they potential DUI candidates, as always the possibility they could/can/might/may/will etc, have a drink someday? Is this rational liberals??

Old 08-21-2020, 09:53 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Really? Then this all this testing I've been hearing about on the radio news around here is like unto a spotted unicorn? It doesn't exist? Well, actually, to tell you the truth, maybe there is no accurate test. Why should I believe the news folks about the existence of covid testing when 90% of what they tell me about everything else is rubbish? They do get the weather right most of the time, though.
That is why I said no easy way. It is not possible to test every person in the country every day, and someone could test negative one day and positive the next. It is an inherent limitation of testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Suzy Q, prob is ALL are punished for sins of few. Rights are taken away & ignored. Mass hysteria is ok? Unlawful edicts? How can you call you an American & not adhere to Constitutional Rights? I could go on picking parts of your argument. But suffice to say, your point of view is YOURS solely & does NOT reflect ALL ppl in the US. the left but I shoose not to do so. do so, it is MY God Given right as I'm not offending anyone any more than you're offending me by wearing one? You can dress a s a clown poander to

I respectfully disagree w/ your opinion but it is your RIGHT & thus I don't infringe on that right. If you choose to wear masks, so be it. If I choose not to to do so, but the left insisis on infringing on MY right. It is my God Given right to not wear one, as I'm not offending anyone more than you're offending me by wearing one. You can dress as a clown & pander to left but I choose not to do so.

I just avoid stores requiring them. Period, end of argument.
This virus does not care about your "rights". It is a biological issue, not a Constitutional one.

The reason for the mask is to reduce the odds that if you get infected you will give the virus to someone else. It is that simple. By not wearing a mask you may do more than "offend someone". You may make him get sick.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:57 PM

4,193 posts, read 2,514,758 times
I am not aware of where it is written in Scripture where the Almighty comes down on masks. Maybe its in the original Hebrew?

Old 08-21-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is why I said no easy way. It is not possible to test every person in the country every day, and someone could test negative one day and positive the next. It is an inherent limitation of testing.

This virus does not care about your "rights". It is a biological issue, not a Constitutional one.

The reason for the mask is to reduce the odds that if you get infected you will give the virus to someone else. It is that simple. By not wearing a mask you may do more than "offend someone". You may make him get sick.
ONLY if you ARE sick. WHY is everyone deemed sick if they are not? The % is very very low yet all are subject to edicts & rulership? This IS Constitutional as you have no right to infringe on the 'possiblity' I 'may be' sick.

Again should we arrest all drivers on the 'possibility' they are or may be drunk? Just give everyone a mask & everyone -- starting tomorrow w/ a DUI -- of course, just in case. Ludicrous, no?

Old 08-21-2020, 10:02 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
ONLY if you ARE sick. WHY is everyone deemed sick if they are not? The % is very very low yet all are subject to edicts & rulership? This IS Constitutional as you have no right to infringe on the 'possiblity' I 'may be' sick.

Again should we arrest all drivers on the 'possibility' they are or may be drunk? Just give everyone a mask & everyone -- starting tomorrow w/ a DUI -- of course, just in case. Ludicrous, no?
You may carry the virus, not feel sick at all, and give it to someone else. Why is that such a hard concept to understand? No word in that sentence has more than two syllables.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:32 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
John Adams: "A constitution of govt once changed from freedom can never be restored, liberty once lost is lost forever". There is an exception however & that is when things begin anew.

So hence, what this whole preparedness forum boils down to & is made for is this concept.

Please, think re this patriots & preppers & others interested in their longterm self-sufficiency & preparedness -- & of course ultimate survival.
How about taking all are clothes off and not thinking we need them. Why do we need to wear clothes anyway? Is this against our freedom? Quit whining about wearing a mask because it won't last forever.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about taking all are clothes off and not thinking we need them. Why do we need to wear clothes anyway? Is this against our freedom? Quit whining about wearing a mask because it won't last forever.
Nat, that is NOT a bad idea!

Yes, the masks are only the START of tyranny. What next wil the sheep be subject to & follow unquestionably??

Old 08-21-2020, 10:38 PM

[quote=natalie469;58965586]How about taking all are clothes off and not thinking we need them. Why do we need to wear clothes anyway? Is this against our freedom,

Is it not vs the right of Happiness, no? Lastly, in the USA we have rights. The right to Liberty, no? Last time I checked & I could be wrong here...

Old 08-21-2020, 10:40 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Nat, that is NOT a bad idea!

Yes, the masks are only the START of tyranny. What next wil the sheep be subject to & follow unquestionably??
So what's up with us wearing clothes. You didn't answer that. Was that the start of tyranny as well.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what's up with us wearing clothes. You didn't answer that. Was that the start of tyranny as well.
Ok, here's one. The laws of US are based on God's law, no? Thus unclothed since Garden of Eden is wrong, yes? But masks? How is this indecent by NOT wearing one? Should we be shrouded in blankets too? Just in case..

Maybe full Hazmat suits are the mandate next, no? You ok wearing a Hazmat to go grocery shopping? Lord God if so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies