Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 08:38 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,622,376 times

Advertisements

John Adams: "A constitution of govt once changed from freedom can never be restored, liberty once lost is lost forever". There is an exception however & that is when things begin anew.

So hence, what this whole preparedness forum boils down to & is made for is this concept.

Please, think re this patriots & preppers & others interested in their longterm self-sufficiency & preparedness -- & of course ultimate survival.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:05 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,492,924 times
In total agreement with you, bro! In Maine, the gov has the entire state locked down till Sept. 3rd, with zero current deaths and only 5 people in the hospital! A dem, of course. In the northern parts, where I am, nobody bothers with masks or 'social distancing' nonsense. In the southern Maine cities, just being out in public requires a mask. In Bangor, where we often shop, requires a mask in stores. Those black masks look like burqas.

I figure this nonsense will end after the election, providing the current admin wins again. If the dems win, then not. After the election, I expect violence no matter which side wins. It will prolly be so bad that masks will be the last things on anybody's minds.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
In total agreement with you, bro! In Maine, the gov has the entire state locked down till Sept. 3rd, with zero current deaths and only 5 people in the hospital! A dem, of course. In the northern parts, where I am, nobody bothers with masks or 'social distancing' nonsense. In the southern Maine cities, just being out in public requires a mask. In Bangor, where we often shop, requires a mask in stores. Those black masks look like burqas.

I figure this nonsense will end after the election, providing the current admin wins again. If the dems win, then not. After the election, I expect violence no matter which side wins. It will prolly be so bad that masks will be the last things on anybody's minds.
Could not have put it better myself, lol.

PERFECT!

Nor, here's the deal as I see it; The election day after, will end masks. Trump in a landside. Look at the smoke n mirrors dem competition. Unreal the dems present this pair of ding-dongs to lead the greatest country in the world. What a joke.

Get out & vote patriots as we need "The Donald" to carry 4 more yrs. No, not for complacency but to shore up our defenses vs the Deep State & Globalists aka Marxists trying to overthrow the Constitution.

Ha, couldn't have put it better myself.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:42 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,676,571 times
Post Masks are but a symptom of the actual problem -- gov't mandated shutdown/lockdown/isolation

Quote:
In Maine, the gov has the entire state locked down till Sept. 3rd
Masks are but a symptom of the actual problem -- the shutdown/lockdown is the real concern.

Quote:
In the northern parts, where I am, nobody bothers with masks or 'social distancing' nonsense. In the southern Maine cities, just being out in public requires a mask. In Bangor, where we often shop, requires a mask in stores.
Similar to the reality here in New Hampshire -- mandatory in Nashua (where everybody from Massachusetts shops), elsewhere, especially further north, it's mostly just seen as political posturing.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
I fear Democrat vote fraud; they are masters of it. The riots will end a few minutes after police are allowed to end them.

There should be a vaccine by year's end. That will calm the current frenzy of fear.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I fear Democrat vote fraud; they are masters of it. The riots will end a few minutes after police are allowed to end them.

There should be a vaccine by year's end. That will calm the current frenzy of fear.
Hap, no don't think so this time tho mass scale chaos -- tho a LIBERAL'S dream -- will not happen. Too many conservatives to let that occur. It is touchy but w/ the dem -- 2-some of bozos -- it shouldn't be hard for even libs to see the light & see the hypocrisy the left present.

Again, Trump should win as what sane person would vote to destroy America? Even the foreigners want money. If US economy tanked they'd ALL lose $.

Ain't gona happen.. yet. Optimal word -- yet.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:44 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Quote:

Exactly.

We have a democrat governor, failed presidential candidate now running for Senate, while he hasn't locked us down, ( too few cases of Wuhan for that), has put out a royal edict for everyone to wear masks. The stores can be fined, so people wear them in the stores, if the store asks, and some stores supply disposable masks at the door, but it's rare to see anyone out on the street with one.

These guys are on a power trip of control, period. Trying to destroy the economy to get to President Trump since all their other schemes have failed.

If the threat were real, the democrat mayors and governors would be finding the terrorist brownshirt thugs rioting in the streets for not wearing masks. They support the looting and pillaging because it's destroying the economy in those cities, again to attack the President.

I also believe all this will stop after the election, unless the democrats can cheat sleepy Joe and his squeeze into office. If that happens, look for even more stringent laws curtailing freedom.

It does seem the powers are trying to force us into a civil war.

I too

Old 08-21-2020, 08:27 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Where masks are required I use one of those clear face shields. I have never been told they are not good enough for entry.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:47 AM

We're just sheep follwing the herd. Masks are showing the world that the US ppl CAN be controlled by a tyrannical gov't. This whole sham-demic, panic-demic, planned-demic is soo obvious. A 'flu' being used as a reason to create mass hysteria, chaos & thus -- control measures in response to this insanity.

Call it for what it is -- political manipulation from the liberals (as are all the other goings on). But the idea that this is only the START of how the NWO & Global powers want it to go, is what need be at center of ALL ppl subject to this overreach/power grab by the left.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:14 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
government just wants to grow by nature. as it gets bigger, people want more of it. people want to be able to tell other people what to do and use the government to control everyone else. in this forum, i get a lot of "if you dont like it, leave." these people who say this seem unaware that when our country was founded it was closer to my idea of small government than what we have now. yet, even the people who pretend to want small government have gotten comfortable with big government and even want to use government to infringe on the liberty of other people. people think that we should support the US government because that is supporting America. that isnt true. the American people are America, the US government is at best a "necessary evil." the US government isnt evil and supporting it isnt a positive quality. wanting to shrink it and even dismantle it is a good thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies