Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 07:46 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
She was an innocent victim; however innocent, she failed to appreciate that associating with a known criminal can be dangerous.
Her family was financially compensated to the tune of 8 million dollars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 07:47 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Maybe her boyfriend shouldn’t have opened fire first, but I realize the pro-criminal crowd doesn’t care.
Exactly. Blame the cops instead of the boyfriend. Maybe the cops should have let him kill them. There obviously is a lot more to the story. I do not blame the cops!

Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
She was knee deep in the drug game and the whole background story on her was a bunch of BS. She'd had to resign as a paramedic because of her drug dealing association.
Gee, what a shock. There’s very few people that are just innocently standing around when the police start firing or something else happens.

They’re usually in the middle of committing some crime, shoot first, someone they’re with shoots or they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time (walking by someone committing a crime).

There’s very few times someone gets pulled up by the police and shot for no reason. Most of the time you dig into the “victims” past and they have a rap sheet a mile long.

She would be alive if her boyfriend didn’t shoot first or she made better choices in who her boyfriend was.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
We all know those cops will get off for murdering Breonna Taylor. I may be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

May her soul rest in peace.
She wasn't murdered.

"the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought."

Old 09-21-2020, 08:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The police broke down a door, and do not appear to have announced themselves properly. They had a shot fired at them because they were breaking down someones door. They then shot someone who was unarmed 8 times.

When they filed their reports they indicated it was a unforced entry-a lie. And...mysteriously the majority of the incident report "vanished" due to a technical error. Uh huh.

Heres the thing. I dont think they planned to murder someone. I think they acted like unaccountable cops who could do whatever they wanted. They were used to having overwhelming force, and got sloppy with warrants, and procedure. As such they broke someones door down without sufficiently announcing themselves. And that negligence lead to the death of this innocent woman.

Yes Ive read the arguments on all sides on this. Reality is it looks like she was not committing any crimes at the moment, and was getting her act together. The ex BF was a bad guy.

My opinion? Negligent manslaughter. They 100% deserve time for their poor work. Add a lot of time if it looks like they tried to cover it up. But a poorly done prosecution could let them walk. If that happens? Yeah theres going to be violence. And we've seen prosecutions of cops done at a simply negligent level before. Its why were having so many problems right now in many ways. No justice No peace is a popular chant with protestors because it sums this up perfectly.

But I dont see murder charges. But maybe its defined differently in that jurisdiction.
lol You get so much wrong too often. It's a gift I guess.

"While the department had received court approval for a “no-knock” entry, the orders were changed before the raid to “knock and announce,” meaning that the police had to identify themselves.

The officers have said they did announce themselves, but Mr. Walker said he did not hear anything."

no knocks raids should not be used. Announced raids should be used sparingly.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That was a different situation not Taylor's. We are not talking about that case.
How is it a different situation? Only thing I see different is one had the privilege of getting national coverage while isn't privilidged.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:13 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
This whole thing is not going to go down well. I keep hearing people say they want the officers punished. How? If they were following rules & went to the house they were told. They have a right to protect themselves. So did her b/f. THat's why this whole thing is F'd up & nothing good will come from it.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:17 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
How is it a different situation? Only thing I see different is one had the privilege of getting national coverage while isn't privilidged.
This poster isn't ready to be awake. It's fine, they may get there at some point. Right now they are just repeating what they are told to think. The narrative has been crafted and has been hammered into many, it is hard when you find out stuff that goes against that narrative.

The narrative makes it easier to keep us divided.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:19 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,957,807 times
As Breonna Taylor herself is an emergency responder, should her address not have raised red flags on all the electronic/computers/tablets/smartphones these guys are all using? That is the whole point of the electronics. They speed up communications, allow for greatest dissemination of intel, and act as safeguards.

Because Breonna Taylor is an emergency responder herself, they should have dealt with this more cautiously. You dont want no friendly fire to occur. Perhaps do the raid when you know Breonna Taylor is working. At least that way, you know she aint going to be there.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:40 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Someone breaks in my door, damn right if I have time I'm shooting them. That's the problem with all these rubber stamp no-knock warrants.
90% of this thread trying to figure out how to blame the victim who died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies