Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 AM

6,825 posts, read 14,043,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And wasn't she harboring a know fugitive ?

Something happened similar here in Detroit. Family was harboring a murder suspect (later convicted) and the raid happened to apprehend him. Sadly the little girl was shot.

While I do believe "No knock raids" should be made illegal, harboring criminals when there are children present isn't a good idea. Had that family not done that, the little girl would still be alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Aiyana_Jones

The new boyfriend was not a fugitive. She had a old boyfriend that was dealing drugs and he is who they were looking for. It is my understanding that he was already in custody and the cops offered him a sweet deal if he was to testify that Breonna Taylor was a bad person. He refused the offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Let them riot. It creates fantastic optics for a conservative rush on Election Day. Go on, good little progressives ... dance for your masters!

Old 09-22-2020, 08:24 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
[url] No-knock warrants are now illegal in Kentucky so this won't happen again
Even if they get off,..which IF they didn't announce themselves then they are guilty of severe negligence and should be punished, imho, this is a worthy outcome,..to have the law changed so it doesn't happen again.

That counts for something.

Yes, she was hanging out with a criminal,..and the baby was in danger. I won't try to point the finger and blame them her. I don't live in their world. It's a brutal life. Just like some abused women can't simply 'get out' sometimes. It's all they know.

So while I am not surprised whenever people in this thug and drug lifestyle get into fatal encounters with Law enforcement , which is statistically much lower than what these riots make out to be to justify their actions, it doesn't give the police the excuse to shirk procedure and go in without a care. If they messed up thier proper procedure so they could play Robocop then then they need to be held accountable.

We need to do our due diligence and hold these 'bad' apples accountable, becasue if we don't,..that's why you get the broad stroke nuclear option of Defund everything. We don't want that.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
We all know those cops will get off for murdering Breonna Taylor. I may be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

May her soul rest in peace.
Don't sleep over at your drug dealing boyfriend's house and you won't be in the middle of a gunfight when the cops come to arrest him.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
On a perceived home invasion because the police didn't say they were police when they busted in with a no knock warrant. The boyfriend and other witnesses didn't hear that. Only one witness corroborated the police side of the story...
And they were within police policy with a legal warrant to do that without identifying themselves, whether they did or not. They were going into the home of a person whose rental car had a dead body in the trunk.

Its outrageous that they are even considering criminal charges.

As for the evidence, you've got people who didn't hear it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that they didn't hear it. Having several, including one not involved, who say it did is pretty strong evidence that it did happen.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:34 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
People think that rioting will lead to reforms. They are naive and misguided. It will lead to police not going after criminals, drug gangs, or not going into certain areas. It will lead to the rise of criminals, gangs and vigilantes--who are far less accountable than cops.

Of course, the rich will sail through this by segregating into walled off high-security areas, while tweeting their dedication to 'black lives.' The rest of us can thank BLM for the death of policing.

I'm sorry Breonna Taylor died. The boyfriend fired at what he thought were intruders, understandably. The police fired back. That doesn't seem to be a murder, but a tragedy. In hindsight, they can make changes to avoid a repeat. If the activists want these cops to hang for murder, I don't think that will happen. So they will burn things down again...and kill people. What is it now...32 dead?
And I think it will lead to a higher % of deaths in police shootings. Once they shoot, many won't want witnesses who might make up a different story than what really happened.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Hardly murder.

From what I read, the cops were fired upon first, and returned fire in self-defense.

But facts don’t matter to some people.

Funny how the survivors who write the reports are rarely if ever to blame, eh?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Even if they get off,..which IF they didn't announce themselves then they are guilty of severe negligence and should be punished, imho, this is a worthy outcome,..to have the law changed so it doesn't happen again.

That counts for something.

Yes, she was hanging out with a criminal,..and the baby was in danger. I won't try to point the finger and blame them her. I don't live in their world. It's a brutal life. Just like some abused women can't simply 'get out' sometimes. It's all they know.

So while I am not surprised whenever people in this thug and drug lifestyle get into fatal encounters with Law enforcement , which is statistically much lower than what these riots make out to be to justify their actions, it doesn't give the police the excuse to shirk procedure and go in without a care. If they messed up thier proper procedure so they could play Robocop then then they need to be held accountable.

We need to do our due diligence and hold these 'bad' apples accountable, becasue if we don't,..that's why you get the broad stroke nuclear option of Defund everything. We don't want that.
Once again, they FOLLOWED ACCEPTED PROCEDURE!!!!

You can question whether those should be accepted procedures, but there is nothing negligent here. The procedures are common around the country.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:37 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
The new boyfriend was not a fugitive. She had a old boyfriend that was dealing drugs and he is who they were looking for. It is my understanding that he was already in custody and the cops offered him a sweet deal if he was to testify that Breonna Taylor was a bad person. He refused the offer.
The fugitive lived upstairs and was arrested at the scene.
https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/2...sed_of_ki.html

The father of the little girl was also involved with the murder that Chauncey Owens was guilty of.
https://voiceofdetroit.net/2019/07/1...-be-home-soon/

Again, keep your loved ones away from criminals...

Old 09-22-2020, 09:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The neighbors have accounts that do not match the polices.
And that somehow makes the officers account wrong?

Quote:
But maybe you're right, if theres lots of bodycam footage maybe the situation is different then what we believe.
That would be actual proof and there would be no conjecture one way or the other.

Quote:
And you dont like my arguments, or opinions, thus for some reason think im wrong. Either because we disagree, or often because you simply refuse to acknowledge facts.
You said the police lied. That's not a fact.

Quote:
The only gift I have is a amazing ability to be in exactly the wrong place whenever a certain someone wants to actually walk there. Or put something there.

But come on. No sane city would have paid the family 12 million, and made policy changes if things had gone down as many folks here believe. See, thats the problem with this narrative. A 12 million dollar payout, and policy changes arent based upon the police acting in a way that would make folks happy, and someone died.

It is good that police reforms were inacted and that a republican and one of the few conservatives in Congress helped pave the way for getting rid of no knock raids. It was about how the raid should never have happened in the first place and not necessarily about the way it was conducted.
"When police battered in the door, Walker fired what he later called a warning shot." A warning shot? No such thing in this case. Plus how can it be a warning shot when it struck Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in the thigh?

If it was an actual no knock raid, which it wasn't according to what police said, there would not have been any difference in the outcome. If the boyfriend said they didn't announce themselves. It would not have mattered. Thanks to people like Republican Rand Paul who has publicized the problems with no knock raids, the no knock raids are done in Louisville.

The lawsuit was about the how the raid should never have been conducted imo. What else could it be? There were no facts presented.
"The Taylor suit itself was settled without a single deposition or other fact-finding, which Louisville civil rights attorney Garry Adams described as extraordinary."

In other words, imo, it was settled in order to protect higher ups. The ones who okayed the raid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies