Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 12:07 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Not because I say so, because SHE says so. I would believe a top virologist over the hacks you leftists watch on CNN that just want to perpetuate a false narrative and blame everything on Trump.
She's still a Chinese professional though and I've about decided they are all a bunch of snakes. We already know it came from a lab, that's nothing new. She could just be wanting to make money. The doctor that came on after her was being pretty cautious, Mark whatever his name is, I've seen him before and he's pretty good. China sucks, I don't trust any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 07:32 AM

21,915 posts, read 9,488,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You actually believe that a Chinese citizen married to a non citizen would be allowed within 1000 feet of this lab? Please. How gullible are you folks?

As for what to gain? Thats simple. This is bank rolled by a ex Chinese millionaire for Bannon. Theres a lot to gain here.
So predictable. Leftist trying to discredit anything that looks bad for the CCP. Geez. Do you people get paid to do this?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:48 AM

8,123 posts, read 3,668,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
She's still a Chinese professional though and I've about decided they are all a bunch of snakes. We already know it came from a lab, that's nothing new. She could just be wanting to make money. The doctor that came on after her was being pretty cautious, Mark whatever his name is, I've seen him before and he's pretty good. China sucks, I don't trust any of them.
Lol. Could you please post peer reviewed publications supporting your statement. I'll wait.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:01 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Twitter suspended her account probably because China told them to. I believe her. This virus has acted in ways no other virus has in its damage to other organs. It was no accident from a bat for god sakes. China is evil.
How do you believe someone that was part of a study that made false claims about a number of basic facts?

Old 09-16-2020, 08:06 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It's no claim. She is an expert in the field and has risked herself with TV interviews to bring this to the public. I saw her speak tonight. She is no fraud.

Why do you want to cover up for the Chinese? Are you a communist? Do you have something to gain, or is it because Creepy Uncle Joe would sweep the China connection under the rug and call everyone xenophobes and racists?

This thing started in CHINA and CHINA deserves to be blamed and held accountable for it. Who knows what kind of biological weapon they'll release next in their quest to dominate the world? Maybe you'd be happier under Chinese rule and if Biden wins, you just might get your wish.
We\ve seen there are political hacks with medical careers who come out and vouch for hydroxychloroquine. She may be one of those whose blinded by hatred for the Chinese government.

I think she's lost her credibility when she said it was a bioweapon and intentionally released in Wuhan. That absolutely makes no sense since SARS and COVID are known to mutate into weak viruses fairly quickly. If you're going to create a bioweapon of that sort, you have to set up facilities close to the US border so the virus has maximum potency. COVID lacks the desirable qualities for a bioweapon.

1. It has little or no effect on military-age population.
2. It's mostly transmissible in enclosed spaces and can't be used effectively in open air warfare.
3. Its strength is unstable and weakens within six months.
4. Because of 2 and 3, you need multiple release points in the US to deliver it at maximum potency.

I think the underlying problem is that these facts were known to US authorities who interpreted them to downplay the virus and now they need a scapegoat. I think the lockdown was the right thing to do and bought time while the virus mutated to a weaker strain.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Seems to be obvious, but we'll see if its a smoke screen or not.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:21 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
We\ve seen there are political hacks with medical careers who come out and vouch for hydroxychloroquine. She may be one of those whose blinded by hatred for the Chinese government.

And this means what? Now you are using support of hydroxychloroquine as proof of being a quack? This is quackery.

There is and always have been signs that it is therapeutic. Is very hard to isolate these things ofcourse. What was utter BS was the quacks who started promoting a routine drug as being "dangerous".

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920303423

Compared with supportive care only, low-dose HCQ monotherapy was independently associated with lower mortality in hospitalised patients with COVID-19 diagnosed and treated early or later after symptom onset.
Quote:
I think she's lost her credibility when she said it was a bioweapon and intentionally released in Wuhan. That absolutely makes no sense since SARS and COVID are known to mutate into weak viruses fairly quickly. If you're going to create a bioweapon of that sort, you have to set up facilities close to the US border so the virus has maximum potency. COVID lacks the desirable qualities for a bioweapon.
I don't disagree that she should stick to her expertise. However you have lost a lot of credibility in assuming the intent of a bio-weapon. Do I think the CCP would release a deadly pathogen that would wipe out humanity? They would have to be idiotic to think they could control it . It would eventually come to China.

However a weak strain would create an excuse and a pretext for social control as we now actually see. Is China into that sort of thing, ya know, social control? That could have been the goal. I don't know because I am not the one who claims to know the only plausible use of a bio-weapon. I'd say that a mild pandemic has proven to be a marvelous means of social control, either by design or by accident.

Quote:

1. It has little or no effect on military-age population.
2. It's mostly transmissible in enclosed spaces and can't be used effectively in open air warfare.
3. Its strength is unstable and weakens within six months.
4. Because of 2 and 3, you need multiple release points in the US to deliver it at maximum potency.
Sounds like you are watching movies. Deprogram.

Quote:

I think the underlying problem is that these facts were known to US authorities who interpreted them to downplay the virus and now they need a scapegoat. I think the lockdown was the right thing to do and bought time while the virus mutated to a weaker strain.
That is of course an alternate conspiracy theory of your own.

Anyway, she is not a "quack". She is published. She is a peer of the community.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...232-2/fulltext

Old 09-16-2020, 10:19 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,312 times
Scientists dismiss new claims that the coronavirus was made in a lab

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6YDrPAc53

Old 09-16-2020, 11:47 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
Her social media accounts are being suspended. I believe her now.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-16-2020, 12:29 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,058,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Scientists dismiss new claims that the coronavirus was made in a lab

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6YDrPAc53
Of course scientists will dismiss it. Once it becomes established that CoV2 leaked out of a lab, scientists will feel the sting in the form of: less funding for this type of research; more onerous safety protocols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies