Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 02:33 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,407,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Eat Pineapples if you want your daily fill of glucose.
Yeah pineapples are good. I basically eat everything. I live in a world where no foods are bad.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:33 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yes I understand how certain foods are more thermogenic than others. My diet consists mainly of Whole Foods but occasionally I will indulge in highly processed foods. The point I’m trying to make that a lot of people seem to not understand is that you can basically eat a Twinkie diet and still lose weight. Obviously it’s not advised to eat like this but many people will just eat more until they feel satisfied.

Obesity is a combination of laziness, convenience, lack of exercise, stress, will power, and a few other things I’m sure I left out.
We are 100% on the same page.

And my earlier post you quoted wasn't aimed at you, it was a general post to the whole audience. My apologies if my quoting you led you to believe I was aiming all that at you. Wasn't my intent.

Again - 100% same page.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
For me weight loss was mainly calories. I was just pointing out that high sugared foods or oil/grease diets can have other affects.

Take coke zero, it has a lot of negative health affects like hurting your metabolism and other things that will make it difficult to lose weight in the future.
but does not change the equation of calories in < calories out = weight loss. All it means is you have to monitor changes to your BMR and adjust the numbers above so left side is less than right side.

And by monitor, I mean if you are losing weight with a calorie intake total that is working, and then introduce Coke Zero and with the same caloric intake, start noticing you are actually gaining weight, well then, maybe the poison in Coke Zero is lowering your BMR and it's time to either drop that vile crap from your liquid choices, or adjust the intake number to compensate for what Coke Zero does to your metabolism.

The "calories in < calories out = weight loss" thing stays the same, but of course the numbers change. As you lose total BW< your BMR goes down. As you replace BMI% with muscle and lose fat, your BMR goes up. Etc etc. A weekly visit to the scale is your friend. Adjust caloric intake as required.

Nothing hard about it.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yeah pineapples are good. I basically eat everything. I live in a world where no foods are bad.
No doubt. Love the pineapple.

But since I dumped added or processed sugars from my diet like a year and a half ago, at this point, plain old fruit is like eating candy.

And I too live in your world where no foods are bad, some are just sneakier than others. =)

Old 09-23-2020, 02:45 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Mostly republican controlled states. https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html

Old 09-23-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Mostly republican controlled states.
Lol.

Like politics matters.

Old 09-23-2020, 03:18 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Mostly republican controlled states. https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Lol.

Like politics matters.
Aparently, some people truly believe that politicians are force-feeding people into obesity. That's idiotic, to say the least. Overeating and a sedentary lifestyle are personal choices. No politicians involved in the decision-making process.

The only way politics are involved is that the demographic groups that overwhelmingly vote Dem (the poor, Blacks, and Hispanics) are the least able to maintain fitness and a healthy weight due to lack of self-discipline.

Old 09-23-2020, 03:23 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Yet, the left says we need more government handouts.
Politics got into this thread on the first page anyone surprised about that in POC. I wonder why Colorado has the lowest obesity rates maybe the high altitude.

Old 09-23-2020, 04:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Aparently, some people truly believe that politicians are force-feeding people into obesity. That's idiotic, to say the least. Overeating and a sedentary lifestyle are personal choices. No politicians involved in the decision-making process.

The only way politics are involved is that the demographic groups that overwhelmingly vote Dem (the poor, Blacks, and Hispanics) are the least able to maintain fitness and a healthy weight due to lack of self-discipline.
The obesity rate in the US, regardless of ethnicity/ race is embarrassing.

Black- 49.6 %

Hispanic-44.8%

White- 42.2 %

Asian-17.4 %

Japan- 3.6 % *

China 5.5 %

* Despite the relatively low rate, Japan views obesity as the top health risk.

Old 09-23-2020, 05:12 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nobody makes their choices in a vacuum though. We're all influenced, in a thousand ways, by the world we live in, and that world is shaped to some degree by politicians and government policies.

Quote:
Blacks and Hispanics tend to be fat and vote Dem. Older, fatter whites vote Rep. Overall, the obese vote is a wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies