Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 07:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes I read the article that he/she said she said.
What did she say in context.
What report in the AFJ from the report. "Much of the concern about Barrett’s religious extremism is documented in a report from the Alliance for Justice (AFJ). According to the report, Barrett believes that “judges should be bound by their religious faith, not the law.”
Was it from
“Catholic Judges in Capital Cases.” Where she discusses judges recusing themselves if there be a conflict between their religion and the constitution in capital cases. Did you read that?

So again, specifically can you link quote where SHE said justices should put their religious beliefs before the constitution in deciding cases?
The media and politicians are bad and count on lazy people believe and repeating what they read in a propaganda machine like Patheos.

Barrett's position on Catholicism and the law was pretty much the opposite of what her opponents claim.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
What's funny, is if Biden ends up getting to pick this nominee, then we'll likely end up with a similar discussion, only substitute Allah anywhere you have Jesus or G-d on this current discussion.
Allah = G-d = God = Jesus (if you're one of those Christians that puts stock in the Trinity)

So...........?

Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What is post-birth abortion?! The term abortion makes no sense once the baby is born. What am I missing here?
Post-birth "abortion" = infanticide

It is not that hard to add 2 + 2.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:23 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,401 times
God > Constitution

We're taking back America in Jesus's name!
Lots of lefties, commies, and degenerates will be gnashing their teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoF9HUvYPKs

Old 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM

2,774 posts, read 903,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"When you have NOTHING of value to add, throw childish insults", as they say!

Are you so insecure in your own faith beliefs that you have to attack others for theirs?
That is why I put atltechdude on my ignore list. All snark, no substance.

Old 09-23-2020, 12:14 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The left is infamous for taking things said OUT OF CONTEXT and OMIT much of what is actually said or written.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The media and politicians are bad and count on lazy people believe and repeating what they read in a propaganda machine like Patheos.

Barrett's position on Catholicism and the law was pretty much the opposite of what her opponents claim.
And they need to be constantly called out on it.

There is a saying, put up or shut up.

One good thing, I guess, about these discussion boards it that the content forces me to do more research on subjects I probably would not otherwise. But as it is I no longer take any statement on face value. And the way the media is, one really has to do a bit of digging to get at the truth.

Old 09-26-2020, 04:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
This notion of Roman Catholic belief as a huge fear when JFK was running for POTUS.... NOW it's A-Ok for DJT to nominate such a OLD notion candidate who wants's to dish the Constitution and force USA to adhere to "Old Testament doctrine.. Christ was sent to suffer for human frailties.

These notions are indoctrinated prior to Christianity .. ala Post Jesus sent to die on behalf of the flock for their sins.

So this women if a candidate wants to go BACK pre- Christian times and follow such un-evolved times~~

It speaks volumes about just where DJT's head wants for USA!!

I wonder if this person could even pass muster with GOP congress?????

Why to you care so much, or even care at all, about who is nominated to the Supreme Court of a country you don’t live in and of which you are not a citizen ?

Old 09-26-2020, 04:46 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Handmaid's Tale
I thought that was fiction.
Is it actually US History?!

Old 09-26-2020, 04:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I thought that was fiction.
Is it actually US History?!
The Handmaid's Tale is set in the future.

Old 09-26-2020, 05:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You're not missing anything except some nonsensical drivel. It's interesting, though, that aspersions are being cast on Biden's devotion to his faith. He is well-known for his weekly church attendance, while I doubt that Trump has been in a church much, except, perhaps, to make a speech or hold a rally.
Nope.

He’s a cafeteria Catholic.

He’s sounds devoted to attendance, but he isn’t devoted to his faith.

If he was, he’d be pro-life.

I’m a pro-choice Agnostic who vehemently disagrees with people who are pro-life, but I respect the consistency of pro-life Catholics.

I don’t think pro-choice Catholics are bad people at all, just that saying they are devoted to their faith is incorrect and is a slap in the face to pro-life Catholics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies