Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 08:23 PM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I think it was that he paid a relatively small percentage of his income because he invests heavily in non taxable bonds or something like that. Even though it is a CNN report, I will give you that one.

He donates a lot. And he is very frugal. I believe he still lives in the house he grew up in. Which is kind of weird really. But he is better than almost anyone at creating wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 08:25 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I try to write off legally as much as possible every year also.

Trump has had no income since he was elected. He donates it all.
Well that remains to be seen, some real questions as to how he avoided taxes for all those years and makes the case for the way the wealthy benefit more than the middle class. His donation of salary pales by comparison to the benefit he has received from promoting his properties.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Apparently Trump is in really bad financial shape. Not surprising he wanted this hidden. The dude is broke.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

Sorry its a pay wall. I am sure this will be all over shortly.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.
He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.
Libs becoming desperate.

Taxes are a HUGE issue for libs. However pedophilia and taking payments from foreign nations for political favors is not a big deal!

Old 09-27-2020, 08:27 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wealth redistribution is when you add $2-1/2 trillion to the National debt and call it a “tax cut”, knowing full well the beneficiaries of it will not be the ones bothered to pay it. Trump has taken Reaganism to its logical extreme.
Yes, I do understand that Marxist Democrats believe allowing the producers to keep more of what they earn from producing is “wealth redistribution“.

Perhaps if the Marxist Democrats and willing Republicans ceased prostituting our productivity out for their votes, wealth redistribution would be a non-issue.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Basically, Trump is broke just like I figured he was.

He hasn’t gotten out of paying taxes because he’s a smart businessman. He hasn’t paid taxes because he hasn’t made any money.

Trump has some immense holdings. But once his debt is taken into account, he’s not worth a dime.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:29 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What intelligent person would release a tax return under audit for the entire country to chime in on about how the IRS should decide? LOL at how ridiculous that is.

The IRS said he could release the return thats true. But, again who needed the IRS to tell them that. It's Trump's return he can release it whenever he wants to. He has always been clear that he is not releasing it while its being disputed by the IRS.

It's only the left leaning media that put the spin on it that he can't release it.

I mean come on did you really think if you want to go to your town center and hand out copies of your tax return you are prohibited by law from doing that under any circumstances other than littering?

Get real.
Trump is the one who stated he “couldn’t” release his taxes because they were being audited. The IRS said an audit has nothing to do with him releasing his taxes.

By now the 2015 and 2016 audits are long since done. Why hasn’t he kept his promise and released those years?

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I laughed so hard at the story.. paying $750 in taxes.. what they really should have said.. he paid a total of $1.92 . Might as well go for the joke of the day.

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Libs becoming desperate.

Taxes are a HUGE issue for libs. However pedophilia and taking payments from foreign nations for political favors is not a big deal!
pedophilia? are we back to talking about pizzagate? Oh yeah about those political favors, do you mean the 90 million that Jared got from Qatar?

Old 09-27-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Libs becoming desperate.

I am not a Lib Hawkeye. Just because I think Trump is a mess does not make me a liberal. If Trump is really broke then yes that is something. And I am not voting for Biden and not because of the baseless nonsense you brought. Actual policy reasons. Silly talking points to do not do anything for me.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Both...both of those things can be attributed to Trump too.

Exactly is there not a 13 or 14 yo that was part of Epstein's harem who claims Trump raped her? I believe its making its way through the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies