Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 09:43 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
NYT=Fake News
Wow great post.. *note sarcasm*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 09:58 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
NYT, 130 Pulitzer prizes, dating back to 1918. Five this year already.

Fox News: 0

Old 09-27-2020, 10:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
Trump presenting himself as a business mogel is a HOAX.

Someone with his level of debt should never be given security clearance at the White House much less be president. He's unfit in every way imaginable.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:02 PM

1,514 posts, read 891,389 times
News flash: Tax fraud is a Federal Crime
Felony's MAGA!
Add being a fraud and criminal to his glowing achievements
Drain that swamp - Swamp Thing

Old 09-27-2020, 10:02 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
As we already knew..

He is as big of failure in business as he has been as president..

A fraud in all arenas of his life...

Old 09-27-2020, 10:03 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
86% of Americans distrust the mainstream news media...like the New York Times.

Fake news like this is why.

And, hypothetically, what if Trump paid 0$ in taxes, but broke no laws according to the IRS...then so what?

If a person legally pays 0$ in taxes, its a non-story. If you don't like it, change the tax code.
You’re a Trump supporter, and I can’t stand Trump, but I agree with the bolded.

I think a lot of the people who whine about this issue are at least partially whining because they haven’t bothered to do their best to maximize all of the legal tax deferral, etc. strategies available to them personally.

If Trump hadn’t promised to release his returns (thus garnering the votes of people to whom saying he wouldn’t release them would be a deal breaker) I would say that his returns are none of anyone’s business. A 40+ year ‘custom’ does not equal a requirement. IOW, the only reason I agree with a lot of liberals and progressives that he should release them is because he promised that he would.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:06 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Didn't Warren Buffet at one time pay no taxes? He is definitely more wealthy than Trump. I think he supports liberal causes though, so he gets a pass, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
No.

Warren Buffett to Trump: 'I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944'

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/10/pf/...xes/index.html
From the above article:

Quote:
On Monday, Buffett said that in 2015, he reported an adjusted gross income of $11.6 million and took close to $5.5 million in total deductions. The majority of those (nearly $3.5 million) reflected allowable charitable contributions.

He went on to say that he paid nearly $1.9 million in federal income taxes last year. That gives him an effective federal income tax rate of about 16%.
Buffet paid $1.9 million in 2015 and Trump paid $0. Maybe Donnie needs to go on welfare because his income is so low compared to his expenses. Poor, poor Donnie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Kudos to Don for having smart accountants - he is an incredibly savvy and charismatic businessman.
His accountants are smart? If that's true, then why are his taxes being perpetually audited? Why is it that Donnie's tax returns have to be audited forever but Warren Buffett's don't have that problem?

Do you still believe that Donnie is an incredibly savvy and charismatic businessman who hires smart accountants, or do you want to reconsider?

Old 09-27-2020, 10:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You’re a Trump supporter, and I can’t stand Trump, but I agree with the bolded.

I think a lot of the people who whine about this issue are at least partially whining because they haven’t bothered to do their best to maximize all of the legal tax deferral, etc. strategies available to them personally.

If Trump hadn’t promised to release his returns (thus garnering the votes of people to whom saying he wouldn’t release them would be a deal breaker) I would say that his returns are none of anyone’s business. A 40+ year ‘custom’ does not equal a requirement. IOW, the only reason I agree with a lot of liberals and progressives that he should release them is because he promised that he would.
His murky finances DO matter. It's a matter of national security. If he's beholden to foreign entities that could make him a victim of blackmail and/or affect how his administration treats those nations.
For example, currently, Trump is brokering with Turkey about some licensing fees. How does that influence his treatment of Turkey and Turkey's dictator?

Old 09-27-2020, 10:17 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
A draft dodger and tax dodger.
Well-said!

Old 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
A lot of people really amped up in this thread. I hope you aren’t disappointed once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies