Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 10:24 AM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
This sounds like every guy whose been caught cheating and blames his girlfriend for going through his phone to find out.
Another rationalization for initiating force. You sound like every tyrant who ever lived.

There are individual liberties, or there aren't. Pick one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 10:25 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
With $400 million in debt- he wouldn’t even be given the lowest government security clearance because that amount is considered problematic and open for bribery/treason. He’s a huge national security threat. On this alone he should be ineligible for holding any position

I've heard this from more than one security clearance expert ....hmmmmm

I don't know....
^^^ This

I've served in the military and excessive debt is a BIG no no for a security clearance of "Secret" and above. Being in the red with debt is a deal breaker. This is one of the main topics of a thorough investigation of family members and friends prior to getting a clearance. Excessive debt is also one of the things that will cause one in the military to lose a clearance. The reason is debt makes someone vulnerable to intimidation, bribery and coercion. Think China buying out countries for future favors but at a personal level. No bueno!

Regardless of whether Trump committed tax avoidance or tax evasion (that is a separate serious issue), if Trump is really honestly and truly that much in debt, then he has no business holding a clearance and being briefed classified information. Being briefed on classified information is one of the requirements of the highest office of the United States. If he can not be briefed classified information, then he can not do his job fully. If he can not do his job fully, then he needs to get out, either voluntarily or like some of the troops I served with, security clearance revoked and then forced out.

Last edited by txbullsfan; 09-28-2020 at 11:47 AM..

Old 09-28-2020, 10:26 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
From what I've seen, it's owed to Deutschbank, who didn't want to make the loan to him but did it anyway. It's possible he had a last-minute cosigner. I wonder who has that kind of cash laying around in a cigar box waiting to help a homey out...?
Isn't this where Justice Kennedy's son worked and he was the one helping him out?

Old 09-28-2020, 10:32 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I see that there are now two other threads about this same story. Hopefully a mod will come along and put them all in one thread in order to prevent confusion.
this might be the best part of the whole thing - the orgasmic rush by so many to post this story without checking to see if it had been posted, and in almost every case seeming to have no clue what it actually means.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:34 AM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
... and that's $750 more than Amazon paid.

Feel better now? Why do you care? I don't care about Trump's taxes or how many times he banged Stormy Daniels... why do you?

#TRUMP2020
Actually, I've seen a quote from the NYT article that says he actually paid $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

That was rolled forward when tax credits in his final return reduced his liability.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:35 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
With $400 million in debt- he wouldn’t even be given the lowest government security clearance because that amount is considered problematic and open for bribery/treason. He’s a huge national security threat. On this alone he should be ineligible for holding any position

I've heard this from more than one security clearance expert ....hmmmmm

I don't know....
this concerns me about the intelligence of these national security experts unless they're somehow privy to the documents in question.

Does Trump personally owe $400MM? Not a guarantor on, not an interest in entities that owe $400M. Personally.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:36 AM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
^^^ This

I've served in the military and debt is a BIG no no for a security clearance of "Secret" and above. Being in the red with debt is a deal breaker. This is one of the main topics of a thorough investigation of family members and friends prior to getting a clearance. Debt is also one of the things that will cause one in the military to lose a clearance. The reason is debt makes someone vulnerable to intimidation, bribery and coercion. Think China buying out countries for future favors but at a personal level. No bueno!

Regardless of whether Trump committed tax avoidance or tax evasion (that is a separate serious issue), if Trump is really honestly and truly that much in debt, then he has no business holding a clearance and being briefed classified information. Being briefed on classified information is one of the requirements of the highest office of the United States. If he can not be briefed classified information, then he can not do his job fully and he needs to get out, either voluntarily or like some of the troops I served with, forced out.
The US is trillions in debt. General Motors has $88 billion in debt.

$400 million would be a lot for you and me, but not for a person who has a ton of real estate.

A Hollywood star might have a $20 million mansion with $10 million in mortgage debt. Is that a problem?

Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So the Russian Hoax is further proven BS. Maddow and other MSM propagandists constantly pushed a narrative that Trump wouldn't release tax returns because of Russian money.

His tax returns don't show this Russian boogeyman we have been fearmongered into thinking about for years.

The Trump organization's tax returns are a different matter and might however show Russian connections. DJT should release them if he has nothing to hide.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:40 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump charges more for a room for a Secret Service agent when he golfs at his resort than he paid in taxes.

Just think about that for a second. Absolutely amazing. Trump is such a con man.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:41 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The US is trillions in debt. General Motors has $88 billion in debt.

$400 million would be a lot for you and me, but not for a person who has a ton of real estate.

A Hollywood star might have a $20 million mansion with $10 million in mortgage debt. Is that a problem?
Yes. It absolutely is a problem. Any significant debt is a deal breaker for holding a clearance for a member of the military. Also, who that debt is owed too is a factor. Holding a clearance and getting classified briefings is one of the requirements of the highest office of the United States. It is important that position can uphold those requirements and is also not compromised in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies