Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times

Advertisements

I don't care what he paid in taxes, or what anyone pays or doesn't pay. If something isn't right you get audited and the IRS will gladly tell you how much you owe.

What bothers me is that everyone, including Creepy Uncle Joe, is jumping on the bandwagon based on claims from the liberal leftist rag New York Times. Really? They don't vet their stories, ever, and just go with it. Their main objective is to inflict as much damage as possible.

If it turns out to be wrong, or devoid of facts or truth, no problem. They just publish a small retraction on the bottom of page 47. The NYT is the least credible source of anything on a long list of un-credible left-biased sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump got around that by claiming his personal residence in New York as an "investment" and deducting ALL the taxes, interest, and upkeep.
what are the rules on that?

I mean, he no longer is a NY resident. His current "personal residence" is a really nice place in DC, yes? I assume we're talking about a Trump Tower condo? I believe in order to claim that as "investment property" he has to attempt to rent it. If it costs $1MM/year in taxes, interest and upkeep .... can he ask $84K a month in rent and break even? If the market rent was only $30K, is he required to ask that? Is he allowed to ask $1MM a month in rent and obviously not get it?

Tell us what the tax laws are.

here's one little article on claiming "residences" as investment property. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/irs-ru...ies-72247.html

Quote:
Using your rental property for personal reasons limits your ability to write off your expenses for the property. What the IRS does is to reduce your deduction by an amount that commensurates with your personal use of the property. For example, if you rented a property out for 93 days a year and spent seven days using it yourself, you'd be able to write off 93 percent of the property's expenses.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:07 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
The President donates his entire salary back to the US government. Before he was a politician, he was a private citizen. If he'd done anything illegal, he'd have been prosecuted years ago.

How do career politicians get so rich on a government salary, by the way?

Meanwhile, people in Haiti are still waiting for their money from the Clinton Foundation. How long has it been since that big earthquake? Isn't US Atty Durham wrapping up his three year investigation into the Clinton Foundation? His staff are beginning to leave as their part of the work is finished.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:08 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Youtuber Styx vlogged about Trump's tax returns.
And one commenter on his vlog dropped a good point about when the NYT will investigate Warren Buffett's tax loopholes.

Still, that's made us a good distraction from Ilhan Omar's fraud as one Youtuber mentionned.

Trump is running for reelection as the president. Omar and Warren Buffett are not.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:09 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The President donates his entire salary back to the US government. Before he was a politician, he was a private citizen. If he'd done anything illegal, he'd have been prosecuted years ago.

How do career politicians get so rich on a government salary, by the way?

Meanwhile, people in Haiti are still waiting for their money from the Clinton Foundation. How long has it been since that big earthquake? Isn't US Atty Durham wrapping up his three year investigation into the Clinton Foundation? His staff are beginning to leave as their part of the work is finished.
Trump had to shut down his foundation because he was funneling money from it.

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No he hasn't. If he broke a law, the IRS would have already nailed him.

Same way I feel now. Violation of trust, privacy and security. What is in the information that is stolen is irrelevant. That it was stolen is. The theft/invasion of privacy/violation of trust is the initiation of force, and all initiations of force are wrong. Period.

I felt then and feel now that everyone involved with wikileaks should have been prosecuted for their initiations of force. That secrets of the government are exposed doesn't excuse what is a clear violation of the Non Aggression Principle.

The NAP defends BOTH sides in a contract, voluntary association, etc. Initiations of force are always wrong. It isn't really complicated.
This sounds like every guy whose been caught cheating and blames his girlfriend for going through his phone to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
From what I've seen, it's owed to Deutschbank, who didn't want to make the loan to him but did it anyway. It's possible he had a last-minute cosigner. I wonder who has that kind of cash laying around in a cigar box waiting to help a homey out...?

But he has self described $10 billion in assets. Why the co-signor?

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I hate liars, cheaters, swindlers, grifters, criminals, traitors, ...

No. His financial disclosure forms were not more revealing. That's why all the fuss today.

I also don't care much for morons and fools.
Exactly, and have fought long and hard to keep this information out the headlines. From Appeals Courts to Supreme Court, whatever it takes to keep his Tax Returns out the news. Nobody fights that hard for no reason at all, and now we know.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This will certainly make me rethink my decision to vote for Whirlpool for president.

I was going to write in Salesforce.com for President. Now I am not so sure!

Old 09-28-2020, 10:12 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
So the Russian Hoax is further proven BS. Maddow and other MSM propagandists constantly pushed a narrative that Trump wouldn't release tax returns because of Russian money.

His tax returns don't show this Russian boogeyman we have been fearmongered into thinking about for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies