Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 06:48 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Florida is not red, and people have been moving here for decades.

You forgot Washington, Colorado and Nevada from your list
Are you saying WA, CO and NV are red states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 07:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Popular Red States:

Utah
Florida
Montana
Idaho
Texas
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee

All of these red states are experiencing population growth. And many from blue states are flocking there in droves. For the red states like Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas etc. -- their main issue is their boring, sparse prairie like environments. Many people will simply never move there because of the endless flat fields of grass & corn and not much else.
The corn in Iowa is delicious. I would love to live in North Carolina, a beautiful and versatile state.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:33 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
I’ve lived in both. Blue (NYC), and now Red (Florida’s gulf coast). There isn’t any amount of money that would get me back to a blue city/state. . I refuse to even go back to visit.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:01 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Wrong. Dead wrong. Tell that to the thousands of Californians that are fleeing to red states every year. Texas is #1, followed by Arizona/Idaho/Tenn and the other usual list.
I don't think you want thousands of liberals moving to red states. Moving to a red state doesn't make them republicans but it has the potential of turning the state purple and possibly blue in the future.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:39 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful DC View Post
Oh no, now we see why Arizona might be turning blue very soon.

Now to tell you that those who moved from California to Arizona and still votes Blue needs to have their heads examined.
You do not know what you're talking about....the vast majority of Cals moving to AZ are ultra conservative. Consequently, Arizona is moving back to solid red......

Old 10-13-2020, 08:42 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You do not know what you're talking about....the vast majority of Cals moving to AZ are ultra conservative. Consequently, Arizona is moving back to solid red......
We have a lot of Californians coming to Idaho as well. Similarly, many are working people and business owners driven out by high taxes and regulations, as well as just the general stupidity of CA politics. They are probably more "right wing" than most native Idahoans. I'm from NYS, and am the same way. I've seen the results of liberal policies-I don't want my new state to get ruined like my old one was.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:04 PM

900 posts, read 375,515 times
I was born in texas in a red place ... but i went to university in colorado blue and currently i live in california equally blue ... all my life i lived only in democratic places, and i am fine with that, i could not help living in a different place, I got used to it ... Like most Californians ... make no mistake, no Californians who leave the state do this because they hate California and its lifestyle ... but, because your income is too small to live here ... these Californians, when they arrive in the new state, do their best to try to reproduce the same lifestyle that wealthy Californians have in California, Californians want to remain Californians even if they live in another state.

This explains why they continue to vote and reproduce the same behavior ... they do not want to be citizens of texas or arizona or colorado, idaho ... they want to continue with the status of Californians.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you saying WA, CO and NV are red states?
No, I am saying lot of people are moving to those States. Lot of people who move to Seattle are coming from Texas, but as we have pointed out, pretty much everyone who migrates does it for a new job. People who move from expensive metro areas are mostly retirees who are looking to live on a smaller budget, and it warmer climates. New Yorkers have been moving to Florida for decades for this very reason.

You have been programmed to believe that politics is the only possible reason for anyone to move, but that is simply not the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’ve lived in both. Blue (NYC), and now Red (Florida’s gulf coast). There isn’t any amount of money that would get me back to a blue city/state. . I refuse to even go back to visit.
I have lived in blue and red areas, and don't see much difference. I would consider living in one of the mountain States, be it blue or red, - I don't care.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-14-2020 at 07:35 AM..

Old 10-14-2020, 09:29 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Have lived in both. Prefer a 'purple' suburb with good access to jobs and culture. The privacy of the more rural red areas is appealing but not the lack of fiber internet, having to drive 20+ mins to get anywhere, etc.

Vancouver, WA is about perfect for me. Very low tax burden(no state/city income tax, no sales tax across the river), nice suburb, easy access to Portland culture and best airport in the country for regular work travel. But a live and let live political climate that leans red despite being next to one of the most liberal cities.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:34 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,765,393 times
COL is higher in blue states, but so are wages. I think it is all a wash. Red states are not union-friendly, either, which keeps wages stagnant. But you can buy a house for much less than in blue states.

Personally, I don't really care since it is a wash (wages vs COL). FL is an exception - low wages + high COL. I would like to leave FL for this reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies