Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:32 PM

1,175 posts, read 551,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Winter is coming . . .
That reminds me ,I should binge the whole thing this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 03:38 PM

828 posts, read 416,564 times
Yes I agree in case Biden wins.

I judge people by actions.

We do know back in March Biden did not even agree with Trumps travel ban.

And with States in charge of their response. We also know Lib states have a 40% higher death rate.

Since they control the media they report very little of this.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:52 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I don't want to live in a "dark winter" if Biden gets elected. I think Joe's been watching too much " Game Of Thrones".

Old 10-23-2020, 04:25 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post

And with States in charge of their response. We also know Lib states have a 40% higher death rate.
I have received the very strong impression that blue state governors are much more stringent about COVID restrictions than red states. California Newsom is absolutely crazy, imo, about what he has mandated. https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020...-with-masks-on

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ifornia-op-ed/

It is not surprising to me at all that blue states have a higher COVID rates than red states because they are more densely populated. The more people someone encounters, the higher the chance of becoming infected with a virus. Right?

Old 10-23-2020, 04:53 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm going to go hide under my bed.
Save room for me! All my freak out in-laws are hiding under mine

Old 10-23-2020, 04:56 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
The sick people are in the hospital. Hospitalizations rates are way up. Guess what? Those people didn't quarantine or lock down. It doesn't take much for HEALTHY people to become UNHEALTHY. 2 âž•2 equals 4.

Piles of bodies??? Over 215,000 dead.
Under 10,000 of those deaths were directly from Chinese WuFlu. The rest were already chronically ill. We'll likely never know how many died in car wrecks or by other means, but their corpses tested positive so were counted. Just to be on the safe side, you should stay in your house for the rest of your life.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:57 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Please document.

Your state, Wisconsin, has one of the highest rates in the country.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...sesinlast7days

See this: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/23/92704...id-19-response
"Earlier this year, most of the cases were centered in the state's two biggest cities, Milwaukee and Madison. Now the hot spots are in rural communities. "
Check World-O-Meters. Do the sort by Deaths per 1m. I think you might be surprised. Using figures through yesterday (since all numbers for today aren't entered yet), Wisconsin is #42. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

This, in my opinion, is the most reliable and objective figure, as different states have different levels of testing, and I am not sure whether the "active cases" figure is entirely reliable and possibly not objective -- maybe it is, but I just am not sure that it is. (And, yes, I also know that many people say that some deaths are being blamed on COVID that shouldn't be, but that is a different issue, in my opinion.)

And, yes, the number of cases have risen, but in my rural county there have been "only" four deaths: three through May, none in the summer, and the fourth death was a few weeks ago.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-23-2020 at 05:26 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Under 10,000 of those deaths were directly from Chinese WuFlu. The rest were already chronically ill. We'll likely never know how many died in car wrecks or by other means, but their corpses tested positive so were counted. Just to be on the safe side, you should stay in your house for the rest of your life.

I beat cancer 9 years ago. I still have some lung damage, though it's mild and only impacts me when I'm exercising or its very cold now.

If I caught coronavirus and died, you'd say that it was just because I was "chronically ill." In reality, I expect to live another 60-70 years, given my family history.

It may make you feel better to parrot this lie, but considering more than half of Americans have high blood pressure, diabetes, are cancer survivors, or are obese and have no plans of dying anytime soon, it makes it seem like you're trying to make yourself feel better than be accurate.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:04 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It may make you feel better to parrot this lie, but considering more than half of Americans have high blood pressure, diabetes, are cancer survivors, or are obese and have no plans of dying anytime soon, it makes it seem like you're trying to make yourself feel better than be accurate.
No one plans to die, but people with high blood pressure, diabetes, and definitely obese people, tend to die very young. BMI over 40 takes 20 years off your life. It's worse than smoking cigarettes.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:07 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No one plans to die, but people with high blood pressure, diabetes, and definitely obese people, tend to die very young. BMI over 40 takes 20 years off your life. It's worse than smoking cigarettes.

That does not mean they're terminally ill.

We're talking about more than half of Americans. More. Than. Half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies