Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 05:44 PM

724 posts, read 504,023 times

Advertisements

In continuing with the class theme I've brought up , I'd also like to state that I think it's very sad that the issue of crime being committed by politicians/CEO's/bankers/very influential people isn't taken more seriously in this country ...

I mean if an average person has a Vince Neil like DUI related manslaughter episode , then there is a good chance that they'll be sent up for a good number of years , whereas the Vince Neils of the world get to serve cream puff 15 day jail terms ...

In a similar vein the Martha Stewarts of the world get to serve less than five months for major financial fraud , whereas your average neighborhood bookkeeper convicted of embezzling can get set up for several years ...

It's a real shame that this society puts those at the top on such high a pedestal and ( IMHO ) it's no surprise that race relations in this country have since the beginning tended to be so bad , because it's the elite that really stands to gain from it .

In short I'm a great proponent of the idea of " Average Americans of all colors , creeds , bedroom partner preferences , and political views unite against the corrupt elite that exploits us all " .

Old 11-21-2020, 05:52 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Unfortunately the issue of Black American crime rates has become an extremely/unnecessarily politicized issue in this society , which is part of the reason why I've started up this thread to showcase my opinion as to why ( IMHO ) crime is a much more complex issue than the way it shows up in heavily politicized society level debates .

For instance it's also a fact that ( as far as federal level RICO indictments go ) white males of Italian descent are disproportionately charged with offenses relating to bookmaking/loansharking/extortion , while white males who are members of 1%er motorcycle clubs are also disproportionately charged with offenses relating to meth and arms trafficking .

Those issues on the other hand aren't at all politicized in the sense of showing up in ongoing national level discussions related to crime , which is part of the reason why I think the current discussion is flawed at many levels , since if one were to honestly dissect the issue of criminal demographics in this country then one would probably find that all sorts of demographic groups are over represented in all sorts of categories of crime .

I mean one might find while thoroughly reviewing ( f.ex ) cases of complex financial fraud , that people who graduated with a degree in accounting at a specific university in this country were much more likely to get convicted for perpetrating that sort of crime then their counterparts who graduated with a a degree in the same field at others , and so on down the line .

In short the issue of demographics and crime is an ever changing one , what with the possibility of studies concluding that ( f.ex ) people convicted of precious metals trafficking are more likely to wear red socks than people convicted of timber trafficking , which makes the out sized role they take in current debates regarding crime all the more unnecessary IMHO .
In my opinion, I don't think it's just Black crime rates that are the obsession. Crime rates regarding the Black population is just one part of it. Black PEOPLE are considered an issue by some people. Everything from how Black people vote, Blacks being on welfare ,etc. Crime is just one part of it. I think this goes beyond crime.

I know about the RICO indictments and the motorcycle clubs. I don't find myself thinking about those particular things all the time. When I think about meth/opiates, I seldom ever think of motorcycle gangs. I think about some classmates I know from high school who got hooked on that crap. And I seldom ever hear about it here on city-data. I heard more about motorcycle gangs on Gangland from The History Channel.

I've always looked at the discussion of race and crime as just the smaller part of other issues. It isn't just crime some people are discussing. It's that particular demographic being discussed, not just crime.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Some Thoughts On Race and Crime
Being only 6% of the total population of the USA, a very small portion of that 6%, account for 72% of ALL robbery/burglary/theft, 69% of ALL violent crimes and 53% of ALL murders....
And they wonder why they get profiled as a whole, for a very small percentage of that demographic.

Guess what that demographic is??

Old 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Being only 6% of the total population of the USA, a very small portion of that 6%, account for 72% of ALL robbery/burglary/theft, 69% of ALL violent crimes and 53% of ALL murders....
And they wonder why they get profiled as a whole, for a very small percentage of that demographic.

Guess what that demographic is??
I'm going to be blunt. I don't deny the statistics. I just do not care why some people would want to profile people like me. I don't like it. I find it disgusting if someone cannot tell the difference between the average Black person (such as me) and a criminal hood rat. I don't like it when someone judges me and decides to treat me a certain way based on the very worst of the Black population. I don't care why someone would want to profile me, because it affects me. I take it very personal. If I'm not committing any crimes, leave me alone.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:01 PM

724 posts, read 504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my opinion, I don't think it's just Black crime rates that are the obsession. Crime rates regarding the Black population is just one part of it. Black PEOPLE are considered an issue by some people. Everything from how Black people vote, Blacks being on welfare ,etc. Crime is just one part of it. I think this goes beyond crime.

I know about the RICO indictments and the motorcycle clubs. I don't find myself thinking about those particular things all the time. When I think about meth/opiates, I seldom ever think of motorcycle gangs. I think about some classmates I know from high school who got hooked on that crap. And I seldom ever hear about it here on city-data. I heard more about motorcycle gangs on Gangland from The History Channel.

I've always looked at the discussion of race and crime as just the smaller part of other issues. It isn't just crime some people are discussing. It's that particular demographic being discussed, not just crime.

Yup there definitely are plenty of people who reference crime in relation to a particular demographic group as a way of expressing their dislike of them , which I think is silly/pointless because every group has its fair share of bad apples , a point which my ( perhaps unnecessarily long winded ) previous post was trying to convey .

Old 11-21-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Yup there definitely are plenty of people who reference crime in relation to a particular demographic group as a way of expressing their dislike of them , which I think is silly/pointless because every group has its fair share of bad apples , a point which my ( perhaps unnecessarily long winded ) previous post was trying to convey .
And given that crime is an issue, using it as an excuse to complain about a certain demographic doesn't solve any problems. It creates an environment of anger and distrust. It's not bringing us any closer to reducing the crime rate. Now, if some people really just want a society with (insert demographic), said persons would be better off just admitting such.

Old 11-21-2020, 07:07 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm going to be blunt. I don't deny the statistics. I just do not care why some people would want to profile people like me. I don't like it. I find it disgusting if someone cannot tell the difference between the average Black person (such as me) and a criminal hood rat. I don't like it when someone judges me and decides to treat me a certain way based on the very worst of the Black population. I don't care why someone would want to profile me, because it affects me. I take it very personal. If I'm not committing any crimes, leave me alone.
I don't support random profiling.

However, the police are constantly looking for suspects described as young black male, which makes them pay more attention to them.

Police also have to police more in high crime areas and that too often means black neighborhoods. One can't see the massive crime disparity of a group and then be shocked if they get more police attention.

Leftists look at bad police outcomes versus whites and blacks and shriek racism, while refusing to look at the higher crime rate and higher resisting arrest rates.

Leftists then ignore the fact that the gap between Asians and whites is bigger in terms of bad police outcomes. Are police racist in favor of Asians? Or does it go back to crime and resisting arrest rates?

The gap between men and women is also bigger than the gap between whites and blacks with bad police outcomes. Are cops sexist against men?

The gap between young men and old men is also bigger than the gap between whites and blacks.

Old 11-22-2020, 05:35 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
No offense man/whatever you wish to be addressed as , but I didn't reject anything as such at all and I challenge you to find a post of mine in this thread that would prove otherwise .

Oh and as for linking to the 81's website , I'm not sure doing so is even allowed on this forum/I only mentioned that as an unimportant aside , but if you're really curious then you can easily visit their site yourself .

I mean it's not like it can be only accessed on the dark web or anything like that .

I also cannot fathom why you seem to insist that I think so highly of myself , when my posts are about as far away from being arrogant as one can get , but that's your prerogative I suppose .
"I also cannot fathom why you seem to insist that I think so highly of myself"

And THAT is the problem. You DON'T see it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-22-2020 at 06:09 AM..

Old 11-22-2020, 05:47 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
As I see it, all races have their bad element, but the distinction with the black population is that unlike all the other races, the majority of the black community embraces their bad.

All the other races shun their bad element. Blacks will riot and loot any time one of their own gets the blunt end of the police. Even though whites get a higher percentage of cop justice they do not riot and loot...they have the attitude that the thug got what they were looking for.

I've seen a black grandmother complain about her grandson getting shot by the police by saying: :He ain't do nuffin wrong 'cept shoot a cop!" Excuse me...?

Another girl...sister of the thug said: " How else he gonna git his money?" when complaining her brother got killed by an elderly homeowner during his home invasion thievery. Seriously? THAT's the attitude? No wonder they commit the majority of crime...their own relatives and community tell them it's okay to do just that!

Old 11-22-2020, 05:47 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yep.

Blacks didn't make up a disproportionate amount of violent criminals in the first half of the 1900s like they do today. Something happened. Perhaps more and more single parent homes is part of it. Studies show that single parent home kids are significantly more likely to have bad life outcomes across the board including on crime - this is true even if you adjust for race, income, and location.
" Something happened." Lyndon Johnson. All these problems can be traced back to HIM and his policies.

His "Great Society" has turned out to be just the OPPOSITE and has created "the poor black single mother"!

There is NO incentive to get out of the "system".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies