Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 08:26 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Just IMO as an independent suburban woman who graduated college many many years ago, we need normal. Someone who doesn't tweet conspiracy theories or make fun of others or lie constantly. Someone who will be a president for ALL Americans & not just his base.
Many of us didn't vote FOR Biden but against Trump.
Don't complain when the job market doesn't improve and it's hard to get a job.

Prior to the pandemic that began in March, the economy was booming and we had record low unemployment. If Biden "officially" wins, things may not improve until he gets out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 08:31 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I suppose that the pandemic played a large factor. President Trump downplayed it from the beginning, we then had audio tapes of how he knew this was a serious situation back in February, but still maintained the virus would be gone by Easter (or whatever date popped into his head at the time). All the while the pandemic kept growing. Now, we are facing 2,000 deaths per day (60,000 per month at this rate), a million new cases every five days, and all around the country hospital beds are becoming scarce.

I am still amazed that Mr. Trump got as many votes as he did. I guess repetitive lying works.
You’re surprised at that? I’m surprised there are 80M Americans that hate the country, law enforcement and the military. You are one of them.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Why did White voters in this election favor Biden over Trump?
They didn't.

But millions of white women who voted for Trump in 2016 switched their votes this time just because they find him obnoxious. Yes, they're risking their children's future with less thought than they use in changing the channel on the TV. Sure, they know that Trump's policies are better, but it's not a matter of reason, it's purely shallow emotionalism.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Favored or disliked less?

Old 11-20-2020, 08:37 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Better question: why did anyone, white or black, vote for Trump?

Old 11-20-2020, 08:39 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Don't complain when the job market doesn't improve and it's hard to get a job.

Prior to the pandemic that began in March, the economy was booming and we had record low unemployment. If Biden "officially" wins, things may not improve until he gets out of office.
Prior to November 2016, the economy was also booming and we had very low unemployment. So I assume you voted for Hillary?

Old 11-20-2020, 08:48 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
All I know was there was a huge amount of Anybody But Trump that built up in the white voters over the 4 years of his term.
Some of this came from all the white folks who didn't vote for him the first time, but after he messed with the farmers, I noticed he lost some of their support here. He also lost farmers when he started going after their seasonal labor and began sending them back across the border.

He lost a bunch of the older white voters when he started going after ObamaCare, which has their MedicAid strapped so securely into it.

He offended a lot of the women I know. I can't say who among them voted for him or not, but some must have. 2018 seemed to the the year when Trump lost their affection here, but since I never voted for him, I really wasn't paying close attention to those who did.
2018 was the year a local bunch of older white guys, some farmers I know, quit wearing their MAGA hats when they met each other for coffee in the mornings at a local truck stop.
Up until that year, they all wore their red ball caps and made a big point of it. Halfway into 2018, they had all quit wearing the red hats and had gone back to wearing their old gimme hats from Chase and John Deere again.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:53 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All I know was there was a huge amount of Anybody But Trump that built up in the white voters over the 4 years of his term.
Some of this came from all the white folks who didn't vote for him the first time, but after he messed with the farmers, I noticed he lost some of their support here. He also lost farmers when he started going after their seasonal labor and began sending them back across the border.

He lost a bunch of the older white voters when he started going after ObamaCare, which has their MedicAid strapped so securely into it.

He offended a lot of the women I know. I can't say who among them voted for him or not, but some must have. 2018 seemed to the the year when Trump lost their affection here, but since I never voted for him, I really wasn't paying close attention to those who did.
2018 was the year a local bunch of older white guys, some farmers I know, quit wearing their MAGA hats when they met each other for coffee in the mornings at a local truck stop.
Up until that year, they all wore their red ball caps and made a big point of it. Halfway into 2018, they had all quit wearing the red hats and had gone back to wearing their old gimme hats from Chase and John Deere again.
If Biden gets in you get to own it. Enjoy. I can’t wait to see you shill for all the ridiculous shlt he does.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Trump didn't get my husband back to work soon enough and my dishwasher pressure is still lacking. What was a suburban housewife to do but vote him out?

JK on husband, fortunately he hasn't lost his job. I don't even think about my dishwasher pressure. But I am one of the suburban housewives (really a homemaker if a term must apply, I didn't marry a house) he tried to court so oddly. Alas, it didn't work and I voted for a Democrat for the first time.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:08 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Cultural Marxist Stockholm syndrome, that's why. They have bought into the sick leftist lie that they must hate themselves because they were born white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies