Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 08:17 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Mail in voting can not be monitored and controlled to avoid fraud. That's a fact and the Democrats used that to its fullest extent.
Canada doesn't even allow mail-in voting. Heck, even third world banana republics don't allow mail-in voting, precisely because it's rife for being brutalized.

I will never trust another election in America as long as millions are mailing intheir votes - to mention nothing of Big Tech pulling all the strings for far Leftist policies going forward.

America will never have a clean election again. Mark my words. Which is why Trump's first term was such a surprise - Big Tech didn't get Hillary elected when they easily could have. But those days are over.

America is no longer a free country - come to think of it it probably never was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 08:43 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
“If we keep taking steps toward a more perfect union, and close the gaps between who we are and who we want to be, America will move forward.”

~President Obama, 2015

Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
A good chunk of white people vote Democrat, I'm one of them. I've never voted R in my life
Ditto - upper middle class white man, Never voted for a republican in my life.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:50 AM

4,869 posts, read 2,676,734 times
because not only is Trump a bully, a liar, a blowhard and a braggart.....he is also an idiot..a dangerous idiot at that..

Old 11-21-2020, 09:49 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
because not only is Trump a bully, a liar, a blowhard and a braggart.....he is also an idiot..a dangerous idiot at that..
TDS can be relieved with a merlot enema. You’re welcome.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:07 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Congratulations, if Biden wins you get the status quo politician you wanted. I'm just amazed that seemingly intelligent people like you think that someone like Joe Biden is going to make a difference when he hasn't in over 4 decades in politics.

Basically you voted for him out of hate for Trump. I'm hoping you grow up and open your eyes soon. Biden/Harris will hopefully do that, but you're such a left wing shill that I doubt it will matter in your case.
So why did so many people hate Trump? Was it something he said?

Old 11-21-2020, 10:07 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People took a chance on Trump because he wasn't a politician and many hated Hillary including democrats. Many have buyers remorse now and this is why Biden won. You need to open your eyes and understand why many rejected Trump.
I think this is the most accurate answer.
A lot of folks felt like they had been left out of consideration and were being ignored by both parties.

Hillary was never all that likable or popular, and she had little of her husband's easy charm or political skills. She did know how to build and operate a political machine, though, and she did have a niche of popularity among women like her who were of similar age.

Hillary played exactly into Trump's hands. There were a lot of Democrats who never wanted her as the nominee, and immediately took to Bernie Sanders, who was the more viable candidate, and would have offered much stronger contrast to Trump.
But Hillary had the machine, and the machine ran the party. Right into the ground, as it turned out. And the dust from that wreck still hasn't completely settled yet.

Nothing really started with Trump. He was the end result of a lot of things that had been growing inside the Republican Party for a very long time. He ran against some others who were a lot like him, but none of them were as willing to go to the extremes as Trump was, and a lot of the Republican voters wanted those extremes to be reached in 2016.

I see 2016 as one more political experiment. Experimentation is what the voters have done in every Presidential election in this century, and it began in the 1990s. So far, we have tried political dynasty in both parties, a black man, using our status as the only super-power in the world to build a 21st century empire, toyed with electing several different women, and tried a billionaire who had never held any office before in his life. We also tried all the familiar people who were no different that so many of those in the 20th century, and an aging warrior. We have tried people from states that have never held political importance, and people from states that are always politically important.

We have looked at people who would have never been taken seriously in the 20th century, and it appears that we aren't through with our experimentation; the only thing Biden shows is we just want to take a short break from it. And even then, we are experimenting on the topmost age we are willing to permit a candidate to have.

Nothing ever happens easily here. Whenever one party does anything at all, there is always push-back from the other one. When we go to an extreme once, we will push back all the harder against it the next time.

If we had not elected Bush, we would have never elected Obama. If we had never elected Obama, we never would have elected Trump. If we never elected Trump, we would never have elected Biden.

Each is, in part, a reaction to the one who came before. This appears to be our way of keeping our balance.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People took a chance on Trump because he wasn't a politician and many hated Hillary including democrats. Many have buyers remorse now and this is why Biden won. You need to open your eyes and understand why many rejected Trump.
Considering Trump got MORE votes than he did 4 years ago, I would say no one had "buyer's remorse".

And considering liberals have been flooding America with illegals and so-called "refugees" for decades at this point, even if Biden (and Hillary) got a "majority" of votes, since millions of those votes were imported migrants and so-called "refugees", I'd say they didn't win at all.

California alone, having imported tens of millions of illegals and given their illegitimate children "birthright citizenship", and I believe there is no such thing as birthright citizenship in America, that argument is bunk.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:59 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Repetitive lying does work. The media and democrats have been lying 4 years. How else would China Joe and cameltoe even have been competitive?

The artificial hatred built through 24/7 lies about President Trump tricked those blind followers of the democrat doctrine to vote against the best interests of themselves and the country, that is the result of repetitive lying.

As Joseph Goebbles said, when you lie make it a big one. Keep repeating it and it becomes the truth.

The democrats learned this lesson well.
This and I think it applies to middle-upper class white women as well.

Most people in that subset of the population are either working or SAHM. They do not have time or interest in many cases to listen to/read more than sound bites/misleading headlines.

Almost all of main stream media sound bites/headlines are either outright lies/taken out of context/intentionally or ignorantly misleading.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Then why is the election so close even with the Democrats committing massive Mail In Voter Fraud? Why did they need to cheat to just make it even close?

This was a Coup, not an election.
It's only close in a few swing states. Which is entirely expected, that's what it means to be a swing state.

Overall, it's not close at all. Biden will win with exactly the same number of electoral votes that Trump won with. Now I thought calling 306 votes a landslide, as Trump did, was always an exaggeration, so I'm not calling it a landslide for Biden either. It's a comfortable and respectable margin though. Trump blew it. I sincerely hope that Biden doesn't.

Many states, R AND D, that use mail-in doing did just fine, and no one in those states is screaming fraud..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies