Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 05:48 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I used to work with an older woman who had an uncle who was a cop in a neighboring town next to Newark NJ in the 1950s. She told me that back then, if they saw a person of color in their town, the cops would beat the person up, and drive them back to Newark to send a message to not be in their neighborhood.
My mother saw a LAPD officer beat a teenager maybe 14-16 year old Hispanic boy to death with a club in a local park around 1948 she was about 50 yards away. My grandfathers home had a chain link fence backed up to a park she had no idea why it happend she was in her backyard she saw this officer hit him in the head with his club at least 14 times. She described it to me later in life kid was just standing by this tree officer walked across the grass park he was talking to this kid started beating him.

She went inside told her father he told her to just forget about it wasn't their place to get involved. She said Mexican's were ran out of that part of town by the police. My Grandfather still had the house when I was growing up it was exactly the same when I was about 18 in the 1980's she told me about it we looked through the same chain link fence she pointed out next to a tree where it happend. My grandfather passed away over 20 years ago I never asked him about it. I don't blame him he knew how police operated back then he wasn't a racist I never heard him ever say anything racist. Without any video evidence no one would ever believe you even a judge will take word of a police officer over a citizen I seen that myself in Traffic court.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:55 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sutton View Post
Guilty as charged.
So you admit to having arrested development and a mentality that reeks of being immature?

Old 11-28-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
My mother saw a LAPD officer beat a teenager maybe 14-16 year old Hispanic boy to death with a club in a local park around 1948 she was about 50 yards away. My grandfathers home had a chain link fence backed up to a park she had no idea why it happend she was in her backyard she saw this officer hit him in the head with his club at least 14 times. She described it to me later in life kid was just standing by this tree officer walked across the grass park he was talking to this kid started beating him.

She went inside told her father he told her to just forget about it wasn't their place to get involved. She said Mexican's were ran out of that part of town by the police. My Grandfather still had the house when I was growing up it was exactly the same when I was about 18 in the 1980's she told me about it we looked through the same chain link fence she pointed out next to a tree where it happend. My grandfather passed away over 20 years ago I never asked him about it. I don't blame him he knew how police operated back then he wasn't a racist I never heard him ever say anything racist. Without any video evidence no one would ever believe you even a judge will take word of a police officer over a citizen I seen that myself in Traffic court.
That is sad. But when I think about it, it isn't surprising. This kind of crap was going on in the South, and it was going on all over America. This is one of the reasons I would never want to live in the 1940s and 1950s. Being beaten by a police officer because "you're in the wrong part of town". That reeks of a dictatorship.

Stuff like that is just scary.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Why? What is the point of being petulant and making crass remarks? What does it accomplish? Think about it. Based on the fact that you made that comment, you can't claim to be a man either. No real man would make a comment like that.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:06 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anything Bill Moyers is talking about, it's nothing new to me. I've known New York City was never the bastion of tolerance many people try to make it out to be. It wasn't just Rosedale. Howard Beach had some problems. Bensonhurst was imfamous for racial tensions during the late 1980s/early 1990s. Crown Heights had alot of racial tensions which culminated into a riot in 1991.

One thing that has made me wonder for a long time is this. Some of the worst racial tensions I keep hearing about having to do with working class areas. Part of me has wondered why.
There's a transcript of the entire episode of Bill Moyers' Journal on the link & a clip also.

It's incredible how the white supremacists back then say similarly as the white supremacists on this thread. The biggest difference is likely the anonymity of this forum.

Quote:
BLACK GIRL: We were ridin’ down this block and these white people start sayin’, get out of here ******s … you know, get out of my neighborhood, then they start punching, hittin’ her.

SECOND GIRL: Draggin’ her off and everything else.

GIRL: And throwin’ rocks. ‘Cause we were in their neighborhood.

GIRL: He went on a bike hike to McDonalds, we…we didn’t mean to bother anybody. We saw the parade … we saw the gathering so we went down there to see what was happening. All right, I mean we didn’t bother anybody, we weren’t lookin’ for trouble. I never even knew people around here were like that, I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life.

RICHARD KOTUK: What happened to you?

GIRL: Nothin’ happened to me but this little boy … short boy … about my size … or a little shorter … picked up a rock in the front of all these tall honkies and he was … he was gonna throw it … tried to hit my sister but he almost hit me. And I sure wish he had … he had hit me with that rock I woulda picked up the rock right next to me and hit him right in his face.

GIRL: They always say n***** are doin’ everything. They always say we’re doing everything. We don’t push ’em outta their neighborhood and throw rocks and start hittin’ them.

GIRL: We don’t bother the white people around our neighborhood but when . we get in a white neighborhood they … they just push us out …

GIRL: They treat us like we’re a piece of dirt, dogs. I mean that’s the way you treat an animal. I mean, God, we’re human beings. You don’t treat other people like that, it’s just wrong. Black, white, I don’t care, a person is a person. Skin should have no bearing on how you treat a person. That’s just wrong.

GIRL: I hate their goddamn guts.

GIRL: I can’t say that I hate them, I can’t say that it’s totally the kid’s fault, I mean I’m sure their parents had some bearing on the way they feel and everything else. I think it’s just the system. I don’t know. I can’t say that I hate them ’cause I don’t hate anybody.

RICHARD KOTUK: Do you forgive them?

GIRL: No. No … you can’t take back no hurt.

GIRL: They will always do that. They’ll always spit on us like we’re some dog … ain’t nothin’ … ain’t nothin’ gonna change.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
So you admit to never engaging in sexual activity with a real woman?
So what? I'm not married. I actually have a moral code to live up to. I don't have sex with anyone I'm not married to. Let's put it this way. A real man doesn't produce children and not take care of them. A real man does not need to have sex to be a man. Being able to control yourself makes you a man.

Making the comments you have made, that is not manhood. That is what an underclass thug does. You're behaving like the underclass thugs that you don't like.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Racism in houston in 1975
A person robs a 7 eleven and gets shot by the clerk
Clerk Back on the job next day
Racism 2020 a person robs a 7 eleven here and gets shot
Next day the clerk is in jail and 7 eleven gets sued

Old 11-28-2020, 06:16 PM

24,647 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
So what? I'm not married. I actually have a moral code to live up to. I don't have sex with anyone I'm not married to. Let's put it this way. A real man doesn't produce children and not take care of them.
There's this thing called a condom, its a great invention. It allows you to have sex with women you're not married to without the fear of children. Another invention is called birth control, and yet another is called plan B.

Adult film actors would have thousands of kids if it wasn't for modern contraception.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:20 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
That is sad. But when I think about it, it isn't surprising. This kind of crap was going on in the South, and it was going on all over America. This is one of the reasons I would never want to live in the 1940s and 1950s. Being beaten by a police officer because "you're in the wrong part of town". That reeks of a dictatorship.

Stuff like that is just scary.
If is was 1948 and we thought about what Native Americans went though in the 19th century we can conclude in 2020 we have made progress, and racist injustice like the one I describe is no longer a department policy. With body cameras we can weed out the bad apples who still operate above the law I have faith that our police will do better each year moving forward it's going to take time. The best part about the cameras is it can be used for training, and maybe weeding out an officer who is not mentally capable to deal with it.

If you really want to be shocked go look into the lynching's in America many were well documented and photographed in the 1920's-1940's. I think that is shocking to me it happened in America. I always thought as a lynching someone being hanged what really happend was grotesque medieval deaths. If person was only hanged they were lucky IMO.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty close.
Well, this is the honest truth. You cannot say that I'm not a man if your behavior is immature. That is hypocrisy right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies