Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 01:59 PM

73,047 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sutton View Post
Do you really need someone to explain the difference to you between good people and bad people?
I wasn't talking about good people vs bad people. I understand that good and bad are within every race/ethnicity. My point is this. I don't judge a person based on the worst of their group. I look at how that person carries themselves.

Old 11-27-2020, 02:17 PM

331 posts, read 182,479 times
Nothing triggers racist white boomers more than mentioning that racism against blacks exists or has existed.

buT RaCiSM goEs bOtH wAyS

you all are pathetic. Being asked to have empathy should not be met with such defensiveness. But it doesn't matter because no amount of crying on the internet will stop your kind (racists) from dying out slowly but surely.

Old 11-27-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Well bully for you!
I view it like this. I wouldn't want someone judging me based on the worst of my race. I don't do that to anyone. I don't see any reason for doing so. Finding people who do think in terms of "I avoid that entire race because of the very worst persons within that race", it's bigoted thinking. I view it as morally wrong to be that way.

Old 11-27-2020, 03:43 PM

151 posts, read 113,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The first thing I started thinking was "they wouldn't do that if they feared getting beaten up for it". I'll admit that when I was in high school, I hit a kid for calling me the "N" word. My father told me I should only hit someone if they hit me first, not over being called names, no matter how ugly. At the time, I looked at it like this. People who would call me the "N" word are bullies who felt like they could push me around. At the time, my thinking was "the only thing said persons understand is violence".

Would I do that now? No. I don't want to go to jail for assault. But seeing that video, one thing I started thinking was "it's obvious those kids will only understand violence".
Words are mere sounds. The amount of power we choose to give them is a function of our own intellect.

Old 11-27-2020, 03:53 PM

151 posts, read 113,895 times
Quote:
Why does your ilk deny that blacks can be racist towards whites?

BTW, nothing triggers young, naive, white, woke people (and racist blacks) more than an honest conversation about race.

But it doesn't matter, because the stupid whites are going to be the ones who suffer the most.
I spent a couple of years in a black heavy or even majority black school districts during my formative years. I was physically tormented for being very pale, not being good in sports, not being able to dance, playing in band, and doing well in school. It was torture and frightening all the time. To add to this, white people in the Midwest even 40 years ago never said that N word to black students, ever... that I personally heard. That's because we never used those words, knew they were bad, etc. Nonetheless, black make students would refer to whites such as myself as the N word.

White boys in school would mostly avoid black male students to the maximum extent possible. Every single fight I saw during this time, and there were countless, always involved black boys fighting, or, on occasion, black females attacking one of the few white girls.

Black students then, and I suspect now, are extraordinarily racially charged, viewing everything through the prism of race.

As long as this persists, whites who can afford to move away will avoid these situations for their kids.

Old 11-27-2020, 03:59 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Obviously staged. I doubt that a camera crew just happened to be there.

Old 11-27-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
He was a crazy madman terrorist. He murdered people in Kansas in the 1850s.
He attacked a US armory (I thought you opposed "traitors") to try to start more murders of innocent men, women and children. He was hung for treason and terrorism.
Fortunately, a real hero, Robert E. Lee, came in and recaptured Harper's Ferry.

Unfortunately, it, coupled with the Dred Scott decision, ended the chance of a peaceful resolution of the slavery question and 600,000 soldiers and thousands of civilians died in the next 5 years.
He did what he had to do. He understood that one of the best ways to get freedom is through violence. Slavery in America was violent, and the only guaranteed way to be free was violence. Run away? You could still get caught until you made it to Canada.

And John Brown raided Harpers Ferry for a far different reason. He wasn't trying to start a war with the U.S government. He was fomenting a slave rebellion. He raided the army depot to get weapons to fight a slave rebellion. The intent was to tear the USA apart. His intent was to get more weapons and bring about slave rebellions. Mad man? Could be worse. He was a freedom fighter. I have more respect for him than I would ever have for Robert E. Lee. By the way, Robert E. Lee swore an oath to protect America. He turned his back on that oath and sided with the enemy combatant. Brown wasn't siding with an enemy combatant. He was bringing about a slave rebellion.

When someone is being enslaved, they need to fight back. Several slave rebellions happened in the USA, none of them were successful. However, it illustrates something that needs to be understood. Sometimes violence is the only way to get freedom. As for the Civil War, I'll say this. I'd rather be dead than be a slave.

Old 11-27-2020, 04:48 PM

62,982 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
I don't justify blacks attacking white. That is wrong too.

But your family tree screwed you up by making blacks slaves and segregating them. They left you to pick up the pieces.
Huh, how do you know what the family tree is of that poster? As for me, there were no slave owners in my ancestry nor were they racist against blacks. I suggest you quit assuming things about people. People alive today don't owe blacks anything based on their ancestor's pasts anyway. We are only responsible for our own actions not the actions of dead people.

Old 11-27-2020, 04:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebs View Post
Nothing triggers racist white boomers more than mentioning that racism against blacks exists or has existed.

buT RaCiSM goEs bOtH wAyS

you all are pathetic. Being asked to have empathy should not be met with such defensiveness. But it doesn't matter because no amount of crying on the internet will stop your kind (racists) from dying out slowly but surely.
Is this post intended to illustrate what it means to be a pathetic, defensive racist who cries on the internet? If so then .

Old 11-27-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
One of the points of this thread is to illustrate that it is or was children who were taught to be racist. They are adults now and possibly had careers as; policemen, educators, Judges, and city councilmen who ideals about blacks today haven't changed a bit. Perhaps the black children grew up and today still think of white people the same way they thought of them in 1975. Its not really so long ago. This generation of racist are still in the work place. And this generation of black people have taught their children what to expect out of whites based on their childhood experience.
Hateful, violent, bigoted attitudes that anyone of any race has, it starts young. Many people who have a bigoted mindset, said persons were raised to be that way. If kids (of any race) are behaving hateful and nasty, go look to the parents.

And sadly, some people do not change as they get older. The way some people conduct themselves might change, but some people don't change in their hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies