Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 06:22 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sutton View Post
GM, seriously, the only reason you should abstaining from sex is because of strict religious beliefs.

Is this why?
Yes, it is because of religious beliefs. This is why I don't have sex. I'm not married, so I have no business having sex.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
There's this thing called a condom, its a great invention. It allows you to have sex with women you're not married to without the fear of children. Another invention is called birth control, and yet another is called plan B.

Adult film actors would have thousands of kids if it wasn't for modern contraception.
My reason for not having sex outside of married, it is because of my religious beliefs. I actually endorse that. It would solve alot of problems.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:26 PM

24,608 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What the hell does 1975 have to do with 2020? Many people who were once racists have evolved and we are far less racist than we were back then. But you lefties like to keep racism alive, don't you?
Liberals have to keep racism alive. Good forbid African Americans ever become as prosperous as Asian Americans, African immigrants, and Jewish Americans by not letting the past affect our future.

When all else false, just claim racism and the legacy of slavery to excuse the following in 2020:

As you can see, these good Samaritans are being oppressed by the Target self checkout register of their hard earned money because racism and the legacy of slavery obligated them to commit crime.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals have to keep racism alive. Good forbid African Americans ever become as prosperous as Asian Americans, African immigrants, and Jewish Americans by not letting the past affect our future.

When all else false, just claim racism and the legacy of slavery to excuse the following in 2020:

As you can see, these good Samaritans are being oppressed by the Target self checkout register of their hard earned money because racism and the legacy of slavery obligated them to commit crime.
Underclass behavior. Do you see any Black working class, middle class, or upper class individuals rioting or the like?

What do you expect to get out of talking down on Black Americans as a whole?

Old 11-28-2020, 08:41 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Taking the n-word was taking the power away from racists. Racist White folks used it as a derogatory name to degrade black folks.

It’s basically confiscated. The only people that complain are the ones who miss “the good ol’ days”.
I've heard that theory, but its stupid. its like me cutting off my nose to spite my face. guess they will say im white so i dont get it. or worse.. i am not supposed to dictate to the blacks that using that word is right or wrong by me.

they dont want to have hate thrown their way, but they embraced the word of hate and degradation. i.e. i wont call myself a bad name just so that it doesn't have power over me, or so they say.. its stupid. no matter how they rationalize it.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If is was 1948 and we thought about what Native Americans went though in the 19th century we can conclude in 2020 we have made progress, and racist injustice like the one I describe is no longer a department policy. With body cameras we can weed out the bad apples who still operate above the law I have faith that our police will do better each year moving forward it's going to take time. The best part about the cameras is it can be used for training, and maybe weeding out an officer who is not mentally capable to deal with it.

If you really want to be shocked go look into the lynching's in America many were well documented and photographed in the 1920's-1940's. I think that is shocking to me it happened in America. I always thought as a lynching someone being hanged what really happend was grotesque medieval deaths. If person was only hanged they were lucky IMO.
Alot of progress has been made, but there are still many issues going on. We've come a long way, but we still have a long way to go. Weeding out bad apples is being made easier with body cams, and other forms of technology. Bad apples within police departments can be weeded out easier and easier. Progress is being made. Sadly, there are still some bigoted individuals, who would defend those bad apples.

I know about the lynchings that took place back in the 1920s-1940s. Many lynching victims were burned and beaten. Some riddled with bullets.. I know what happened to Emmett Till in 1955. That was a very grotesque lynching.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:44 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I've heard that theory, but its stupid. its like me cutting off my nose to spite my face. guess they will say im white so i dont get it. or worse.. i am not supposed to dictate to the blacks that using that word is right or wrong by me.

they dont want to have hate thrown their way, but they embraced the word of hate and degradation. i.e. i wont call myself a bad name just so that it doesn't have power over me, or so they say.. its stupid. no matter how they rationalize it.
You take the power from the word when you change the meaning. The whole issue with white folks saying it I guess stems from how they’ve used the word.

Side-note, wanna see something weird?

https://youtu.be/e61cxZtPe2I

Old 11-29-2020, 01:12 AM

2,070 posts, read 891,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sutton View Post
Nobody has ever been attacked by an entire city or town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QcWlwxZ2M

“The victim who is able to articulate the situation of the victim has ceased to be a victim: he or she has become a threat.”
― James Baldwin

Old 11-29-2020, 05:08 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've dealt with racial hostility from some non-Black individuals, as a Black man. And I still keep to the "judge by how the person presents themselves" principle. There are just some places I don't go based on their reputation, regardless of what the demographics are.
You're avoiding the issue. If you happen to be lost in an area you might normally avoid, and could approach a group of black guys on one corner or white guys on another for directions, would color be a factor ? If not, if it's 50-50, or whichever group is closer, good for you. I'd approach the white group.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:59 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,670,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're avoiding the issue. If you happen to be lost in an area you might normally avoid, and could approach a group of black guys on one corner or white guys on another for directions, would color be a factor ? If not, if it's 50-50, or whichever group is closer, good for you. I'd approach the white group.
If you are black and have to ask directions from a group of white strangers or a group black strangers you have to go to the black group if they are in plain sight of each other. If the group of blacks see a black man who is more threaten by them than whites he becomes their enemy and their is no guarantee the group of whites will have your back. You are in trouble no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies