Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 12:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If you didn't get the answer from what you just responded to, then you are too far gone to reason with
I take that you don’t have any explanation. It doesn’t surprise me as you didn’t even graduate from the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 12:41 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sure. Let’s continue. I would think rely on voluntary charity is also an option.
Let me scratch voluntary charity off the list as it has no difference from being beggar.

So, out of these 3 options we can safely reduce them to really only 2 options:

1) Work for someone else.
2) Rely on parents.

The reason for reduction is very simple - to start a business you need at least some money, as I said before, to have at least clothes to put on. And to get these starting money for a business the person should either get them from work for someone else or from parents.

Are we in agreement so far?

Old 12-29-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Let me scratch voluntary charity off the list as it has no difference from being beggar.

So, out of these 3 options we can safely reduce them to really only 2 options:

1) Work for someone else.
2) Rely on parents.

The reason for reduction is very simple - to start a business you need at least some money, as I said before, to have at least clothes to put on. And to get these starting money for a business the person should either get them from work for someone else or from parents.

Are we in agreement so far?
Starting a business and working for someone else are the same thing.

Most of the businesses today start with little money from the original founders - think Steve Jobs etc.

Rely on voluntary charity is an option, especially half of the country just promised other people’s money as “charity.”

Old 12-29-2020, 12:58 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
I take that you don’t have any explanation. It doesn’t surprise me as you didn’t even graduate from the school.
You made that up, I already said that I did graduate from high school.

And I did explain it. If everyone paid the same dollar amount in taxes, over half of families would owe more in taxes than they earn from their jobs. That's not a feasible situation

Old 12-29-2020, 01:33 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm still waiting for a logical argument as to why the system enslaves us.

Nothing yet posted has done that
The system doesn't really enslave us. Uncontrolled human nature/desire, etc enslave us which binds us to the system.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:39 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I thought she immigrated here from Canada?
Tell us more.

Another user once said In her old post it was mentioned she was fromchina.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You made that up, I already said that I did graduate from high school.

And I did explain it. If everyone paid the same dollar amount in taxes, over half of families would owe more in taxes than they earn from their jobs. That's not a feasible situation
If that’s the case, what’s their contribution to the society?

As I said before, everybody should pay the same amount of income, estate, and property taxes and that number is ZERO.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The system doesn't really enslave us. Uncontrolled human nature/desire, etc enslave us which binds us to the system.
Nobody can enslave others without the help of the government.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:59 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Nobody can enslave others without the help of the government.
The government doesn't force people to participate in unnecessary consumerism, in un-healthy eating lifestyles, improper money management, etc. The government is not your momma or papa nor a friend.

There is a responsibility in the individual in not becoming dependent as dependency can lead to slavery. Look at the people that are doing a FIRE lifestyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOP2...CBSThisMorning

Old 12-29-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The government doesn't force people to participate in unnecessary consumerism, in un-healthy eating lifestyles, improper money management, etc. The government is not your momma or papa nor a friend.

There is a responsibility in the individual in not becoming dependent as dependency can lead to slavery. Look at the people that are doing a FIRE lifestyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOP2...CBSThisMorning
Correct but in a democratic country, some people enslave others via the power of the government they elect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies