Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 10:55 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
YOU ARE NOT OPPRESSED. No one is making you pick cotton. The existence of BET and BLM do not oppress you. You nor your ancestors picked cotton in this country. You’re no one’s slave and no black person is a slave owner. It's time to stop making excuses for your failures and learn to succeed as a result of your own efforts and abilities.

Black people are succeeding and you are complaining. Don’t try to switch the narrative now because people who were historically oppressed are making things happen for themselves. Stop trying to act like the existence of BET and BLM are oppressing you. Also stop denying that Jim Crow was nothing but terrorism that ended in the 60s. The effects are still seen today, yet black people are succeeding.

So you’re right, it’s 2020. Again, get off your butt and do your own work. Learn to achieve without unfairly pushing others down. Compete fairly.

Stop being jealous of people who more than earned everything they have in this country.
Black history month does not oppress me, you, or anyone else in the thread. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 10:58 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,333,269 times
I don't expect the resident C-D self-proclaimed pundits who are endowed with a misbegotten and benighted sense of moral superiority over conservatives to pay attention, but in the interest of those who might want to learn irrespective of their ideological leanings, here it goes.

The thread's title mentions "white supremacists," and the media has for years alluded to them, not subtly and not seldom mentioning President Trump along with "white supremacists" and also pointing to them over January 6.

The problem is that on this topic as in many others, the mainstream media and the left get things wrong. The former, due to deliberate propagandizing. The latter, because conflating any person who is white with "white supremacy" goes along with its ideology and narratives (oppression of minorities, lingering institutional racism, etc).

However, "white supremacists" are few and far in between in this country.

Are there random white people who believe whites are superior to all other races? Sure.

How many of them, however?

If this country, which until the 1960s was 90% white and remains 62% white but which is destined to become MINORITY WHITE between 2040 and 2045 (and that's only 80 years or so after the last time whites were 90% of the population), how is America "white supremacist," exactly?

As well, not all rubrics on the extreme/far right are the same, for not all of these people and their groups overlap.

There are indeed "white supremacists" of the literal type - people who run organizations preaching white racial superiority and some of these people claim only whites are human, and that nonwhites are all "mud people." These individuals are so peculiar they think an illiterate, uneducated, unskilled white person is preferable to a black or an Asian who has degrees from Harvard, Yale, etc., who speaks multiple languages and has multiple professional skills at the highest levels.

There are also, however, white nationalists. The leaders of these groups preach ideologies not of racial superiority but of racial uniqueness and of a preference for personal space. These people will readily admit that Jews and East Asians tend to have higher average IQs than whites and acknowledge that on average, these groups outperform non-Jewish white Americans in academics and in financial success in the United States.

White nationalists can be described as people who want white ethnostates. They point to Japan and to Nigeria and say, "see - the Japanese are the majority in Japan and they want Japan to remain Japanese in culture and in race and in ethos in perpetuity; the Nigerians are the majority in Nigeria; let Nigeria remain majority Nigeria for eternity!... so must be the United States, which was founded by white people and which was until the 1960s majority white."

These distinctions were fleshed out by black conservative intellectual, writer, and professor Carol Swain her books "The New White Nationalism" and "Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America." Although both books are a bit dated as they were published in 2002 and in 2003 respectively, they offer insight as to how the extreme right thinks. Swain, while black, conducted interviews with leading personalities of both white supremacist and white nationalist organizations. She reveals in her books that there is a diversity of beliefs, as per the above; some do think all races are beneath whites while others don't spouse hate or innate superiority and instead insists on geographic separation.

Another reminder, before I finish this post: Carol Swain, who wrote these two books, is a black American.

Through her interviews with these various persons, Swain made a few sobering conclusions.

Mainstream society's insistence on suppressing any debate and ignoring or laughing or mocking the complaints from these people will only infuriate them and increase their ranks. I have written on C-D that critical race theory will only make white people angrier and turn them into racists - this is a parallel phenomenon. Swain herself expresses opposition to double-standards (whites are not allowed to celebrate their racial heritage but every other group can, blacks and other minorities can insult whites but whites must tread carefully lest they be punished); she writes the dissident right is correct on affirmative action (affirmative action is in 2021 nothing more than racism against whites and Asians; why must white and Asian students have overwhelmingly better grades than blacks or Hispanics to enter the same university?); Swain points out as do her interviewees that the extreme levels of black crime against whites, which is largely unreported, is not fairly portrayed by the media (anyone paying attention knows what Professor Swain is talking about).

In summary.... a lot of people on C-D have been gloating and rejoicing over the big tech suppression of President Trump and of conservatives. This happens irrespective of race. But if we are going to live in a society where only certain points of view are allowed for public discussion and if those who have "forbidden" opinions will be canceled, censured, or worse: doxed and canceled and made to lose their livelihoods (or the capacity to find jobs: that's what the left wants for those who worked under President Trump), the only logical result will be anger and bitterness and further division. "Healing" and "unity" can never happen if a group of people is persecuted for what it believes it; this is discrimination.

Ideology and race do not always go together - but Professor Swain has been warning about the double-standards against white Americans for almost 20 years. It was one of the reasons President Trump won in 2016, and with the mass defacing of Confederate statues, the rampant blasting of "white privilege" to the extent whites are forced to kneel for their white privilege (anybody here think one can go on live tv and speak about privileged men who are black or Jewish and keep their jobs? Because Michael Avenatti and many others did that about white men but suffered no sanction), and all these other double-standards, it appears to me that with the left growing ever more intolerant, more illiberal, more accepting of persecution and punishment and censorship towards those guilty of "wrongthink," and now, with Biden being a puppet of the radical left - I am concerned Professor Swain's warnings will go unheeded, and as a result, the ranks of both white nationalists and white supremacists will increase.

The left will be responsible, as will those who didn't even care to give those people - however odd or unusual their beliefs - a chance to voice their thoughts.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:30 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I don't expect the resident C-D self-proclaimed pundits who are endowed with a misbegotten and benighted sense of moral superiority over conservatives to pay attention, but in the interest of those who might want to learn irrespective of their ideological leanings, here it goes.

The thread's title mentions "white supremacists," and the media has for years alluded to them, not subtly and not seldom mentioning President Trump along with "white supremacists" and also pointing to them over January 6.

The problem is that on this topic as in many others, the mainstream media and the left get things wrong. The former, due to deliberate propagandizing. The latter, because conflating any person who is white with "white supremacy" goes along with its ideology and narratives (oppression of minorities, lingering institutional racism, etc).

Are there random white people who believe whites are superior to all other races? Sure.

If this country, which until the 1960s was 90% white and remains 62% white but which is destined to become MINORITY WHITE between 2040 and 2045 (and that's only 80 years or so after the last time whites were 90% of the population), how is America "white supremacist," exactly?

As well, not all rubrics on the extreme/far right are the same, for not all of these people and their groups overlap.

There are indeed "white supremacists" of the literal type - people who run organizations preaching white racial superiority and some of these people claim only whites are human, and that nonwhites are all "mud people." These individuals are so peculiar they think an illiterate, uneducated, unskilled white person is preferable to a black or an Asian who has degrees from Harvard, Yale, etc., who speaks multiple languages and has multiple professional skills at the highest levels.

There are also, however, white nationalists. The leaders of these groups preach ideologies not of racial superiority but of racial uniqueness and of a preference for personal space. These people will readily admit that Jews and East Asians tend to have higher average IQs than whites and acknowledge that on average, these groups outperform non-Jewish white Americans in academics and in financial success in the United States.

White nationalists can be described as people who want white ethnostates. They point to Japan and to Nigeria and say, "see - the Japanese are the majority in Japan and they want Japan to remain Japanese in culture and in race and in ethos in perpetuity; the Nigerians are the majority in Nigeria; let Nigeria remain majority Nigeria for eternity!... so must be the United States, which was founded by white people and which was until the 1960s majority white."

These distinctions were fleshed out by black conservative intellectual, writer, and professor Carol Swain her books "The New White Nationalism" and "Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America." Although both books are a bit dated as they were published in 2002 and in 2003 respectively, they offer insight as to how the extreme right thinks. Swain, while black, conducted interviews with leading personalities of both white supremacist and white nationalist organizations. She reveals in her books that there is a diversity of beliefs, as per the above; some do think all races are beneath whites while others don't spouse hate or innate superiority and instead insists on geographic separation.

Another reminder, before I finish this post: Carol Swain, who wrote these two books, is a black American.

Through her interviews with these various persons, Swain made a few sobering conclusions.

Mainstream society's insistence on suppressing any debate and ignoring or laughing or mocking the complaints from these people will only infuriate them and increase their ranks. I have written on C-D that critical race theory will only make white people angrier and turn them into racists - this is a parallel phenomenon. Swain herself expresses opposition to double-standards (whites are not allowed to celebrate their racial heritage but every other group can, blacks and other minorities can insult whites but whites must tread carefully lest they be punished); she writes the dissident right is correct on affirmative action (affirmative action is in 2021 nothing more than racism against whites and Asians; why must white and Asian students have overwhelmingly better grades than blacks or Hispanics to enter the same university?); Swain points out as do her interviewees that the extreme levels of black crime against whites, which is largely unreported, is not fairly portrayed by the media (anyone paying attention knows what Professor Swain is talking about).

In summary.... a lot of people on C-D have been gloating and rejoicing over the big tech suppression of President Trump and of conservatives. This happens irrespective of race. But if we are going to live in a society where only certain points of view are allowed for public discussion and if those who have "forbidden" opinions will be canceled, censured, or worse: doxed and canceled and made to lose their livelihoods (or the capacity to find jobs: that's what the left wants for those who worked under President Trump), the only logical result will be anger and bitterness and further division. "Healing" and "unity" can never happen if a group of people is persecuted for what it believes it; this is discrimination.

Ideology and race do not always go together - but Professor Swain has been warning about the double-standards against white Americans for almost 20 years. It was one of the reasons President Trump won in 2016, and with the mass defacing of Confederate statues, the rampant blasting of "white privilege" to the extent whites are forced to kneel for their white privilege (anybody here think one can go on live tv and speak about privileged men who are black or Jewish and keep their jobs? Because Michael Avenatti and many others did that about white men but suffered no sanction), and all these other double-standards, it appears to me that with the left growing ever more intolerant, more illiberal, more accepting of persecution and punishment and censorship towards those guilty of "wrongthink," and now, with Biden being a puppet of the radical left - I am concerned Professor Swain's warnings will go unheeded, and as a result, the ranks of both white nationalists and white supremacists will increase.

The left will be responsible, as will those who didn't even care to give those people - however odd or unusual their beliefs - a chance to voice their thoughts.
Wow. Where do I start.

The US was built for whites, but it was actually never a truly white country to begin with. “The people” did not include blacks or indigenous people. You might have trouble accepting this because it goes against the narrative of this country but it is certainly true.

Nigeria is a diverse nation with over 300 ethnic groups and it was established by white colonialists seeking to get rich. It is not homogenous by any means and it’s nation that is a product of colonialism. There wouldn’t be a Nigeria without colonialists. I rarely, almost never, encounter xenophobe Nigerians.

I have no idea who she is and I’m sure many others don’t but that’s wonderful if she offers insight into white nationalists.

Japan is homogeneous but they do have immigrants, but I don’t know of any person who wants to live there to start a new life. Maybe there’s a few.

Trump wouldn’t have been cancelled if he didn’t encourage a mob to storm the nations capitol building.

Should people be doxed and cancelled? I can’t quite answer that because I feel certain people should who threaten livelihood others but not everyone. There are specific reasons people get cancelled and they don’t always have to do with politics

Confederate statues were often put up to intimidate people and not because they were wanted in the first place.

Plenty of people have spoken out against powerful blacks and Jews and kept their jobs.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Wow. Where do I start.

The US was built for whites, but it was actually never a truly white country to begin with. “The people” did not include blacks or indigenous people. You might have trouble accepting this because it goes against the narrative of this country but it is certainly true.

Nigeria is a diverse nation with over 300 ethnic groups and it was established by white colonialists seeking to get rich. It is not homogenous by any means and it’s nation that is a product of colonialism. There wouldn’t be a Nigeria without colonialists. I rarely, almost never, encounter xenophobe Nigerians.

I have no idea who she is and I’m sure many others don’t but that’s wonderful if she offers insight into white nationalists.

Japan is homogeneous but they do have immigrants, but I don’t know of any person who wants to live there to start a new life. Maybe there’s a few.

Trump wouldn’t have been cancelled if he didn’t encourage a mob to storm the nations capitol building.

Should people be doxed and cancelled? I can’t quite answer that because I feel certain people should who threaten livelihood others but not everyone. There are specific reasons people get cancelled and they don’t always have to do with politics

Confederate statues were often put up to intimidate people and not because they were wanted in the first place.

Plenty of people have spoken out against powerful blacks and Jews and kept their jobs.
Start with Professor Carol Swain's conclusions. She unlike me and you interviewed white nationalists and white supremacists. Her warnings have gone unheeded, and it's not a pretty picture.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:44 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

Its an academic distinction IMO, how do you get to an ethno state? Anyone advocating for an ethnostate is advocating for genocide, even in the most bloodless examples the human life toll is astronomical, so I dont think people who are advocating for the extermination of other citizens is simply wrongthink.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:45 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with TV shows like BET. When you're a minority in a country I think it's fair to want certain things representing your people/culture. The thing is though sooner or later white people are not going to be the majority in the country. When that happens will it be okay for whites to want to start things representing their people? If you answer no then you're part of the hypocrisy.
Sooner or later the majority of people will be "mixed".

This will confuse academia, politics, and media.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Its an academic distinction IMO, how do you get to an ethno state? Anyone advocating for an ethnostate is advocating for genocide, even in the most bloodless examples the human life toll is astronomical, so I dont think people who are advocating for the extermination of other citizens is simply wrongthink.
Professor Swain asserts those groups want separation or deportation, but not genocide.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:53 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Sooner or later the majority of people will be "mixed".

This will confuse academia, politics, and media.
It will also lead to a nation that has zero pride. We can already see the ramifications of this - the toppling of our nation's heroes, both Northern and Southern alike. Even the villains'' statues should remain.

The American IQ average has been going down for decades now. I would submit that flooding it with a million annually from nations that aren't so bright, plays a major role in that.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:06 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
Black people feel their lives don't matter in this country, so they created BLM.

Black people feel that they aren't represented in mainstream media, so they created BET.

Black people feel that they are not, economically and socially, where they need to be so they created NAACP.

It's really not a hard concept to understand.

You can disagree with BLM's tactics and their stances, but your post reads like junior high-level logic.
There is a solution to this: move.

Millions of people, particularly the poor people, move to other places or countries.

I have yet to see any black Americans immigrate to any countries because they feel their lives don’t matter.

That tells you the idea “black lives don’t matter” is a lie.

I have to say that black lives don’t matter only to black people as the murder rate between black people are through the roof!

Old 02-01-2021, 12:24 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
you guys are playing into BLMs hand calling them racists.

they aren't racists.

They are communists using race to create tribalism that they can exploit.

you guys need to look closer at the progs. they are carving the country up into small groups of "other". They keep those groups at each others throats to create discord that can be exploited. keep everyone in fear. everyone mad.

this isn't new. Its what they've done for generations. they are good at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies