Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 06:14 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
End of story? So I need to be silent now I guess. Nasty. Please read what I post before you accuse me of racism.
You posted it, you can’t backpedal your way out of it. Period. End of story.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:17 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You posted it, you can’t backpedal your way out of it. Period. End of story.
Wow. You really love harassing someone who won’t submit to the liberal agenda, don’t you? YoU are lying about what I said. The entertainers were selected from among a group of blacks, because it was pre-determined that they wanted the majority of performers to be black. (They allowed one token white.)

They weren’t picked ONLY because they were black. But if they were white, they weren’t picked. They didn’t fill the “wokeness” agenda.

End of story.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:18 PM

606 posts, read 355,186 times
Quote:
Of course I was. The wokeness leftists are the ones who are making everything about race.

And you didn’t even read what I wrote. (You replied too quickly,) I did not say that people are picked ONLY because they are black. But being black WAS a requirement, and discriminates against whites. People who defend that type of anti-white discrimination are being racist.

It’s just like when Biden said he would pick a black person as VP. It’s discriminatory and racist.

Who said being black was requirement? Would you be as upset if all the entertainers were white? Or would you even have noticed?

I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this, but there are a lot of black people in entertainment...A LOT. For a long time, it was one of the only avenues that they had to attain success and admiration proportionate to whites. Black people have a long history of being entertainers. The fact that a lot of performers were black should not be surprising in any way, be seen offensive, or seen as anti-white.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Except that EVERYONE was picked because they are black, or represent black people! .
Quote:
Wow. You really love harassing someone who won’t submit to the liberal agenda, don’t you? YoU are lying about what I said. The entertainers were selected from among a group of blacks, because it was pre-determined that they wanted the majority of performers to be black. (They allowed one token white.)

They weren’t picked ONLY because they were black. But if they were white, they weren’t picked. They didn’t fill the “wokeness” agenda.

End of story.
I’ll just leave your very own words out there for you to ponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
Who said being black was requirement? Would you be as upset if all the entertainers were white? Or would you even have noticed?

I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this, but there are a lot of black people in entertainment...A LOT. For a long time, it was one of the only avenues that they had to attain success and admiration proportionate to whites. Black people have a long history of being entertainers. The fact that a lot of performers were black should not be surprising in any way, be seen offensive, or seen as anti-white.
Of course they wouldn’t notice if they were all white. Because that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be in their world.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:25 PM

9,154 posts, read 6,202,297 times
There is a concept called necessary and sufficient. It was necessary for the people to be black to be picked for the show but not sufficient.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
There is a concept called necessary and sufficient. It was necessary for the people to be black to be picked for the show but not sufficient.
Yes, exactly! They had to be black, but that alone was not sufficient. They also has to have talent. Still, it is wrong to require - make it necessary - that people be of a specific race to fill a role. And that applies to Super Bowl performers and VP selections.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, exactly! They had to be black, but that alone was not sufficient. They also has to have talent.
And yet....

Quote:
Except that EVERYONE was picked because they are black, or represent black people!
A person has to be severely insecure if they are so offended that other races are getting acknowledgments after all these centuries. What I can’t figure out is why are they so insecure? Why constantly push down others to try to raise themselves up?

Old 02-08-2021, 06:46 PM

495 posts, read 193,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And yet....
You know, two things can be true at the same time.

Both of the statements you quote from Rachel976 are true.

Not sure what your issue is here.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
You know, two things can be true at the same time.

Both of the statements you quote from Rachel976 are true.

Not sure what your issue is here.
I see you’re new. You’ll figure it out one of these days.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:51 PM

606 posts, read 355,186 times
I think I’ll try to explain it to you in a way that might help you understand better.

Anyone who’s not white is implicitly told to go through life without drawing attention to it. I am brown, but have friends of all races. One time, I was hanging out with one of my white friends and another friend, who is also brown, called me and told me to stop by a party she was at. I asked my white friend if she was down to check it out, and her response “Am I going to be the only white person there?” How many times had I been with her as the only nonwhite person in the room? And yet, I never mentioned it or drew attention it because that’s just how life is. But the minute she thought she might be in the minority, she announced it out loud and I had to acknowledge it and coddle her discomfort, even though my comfort is never asked about. It’s not even considered, and when you’re not white, you’re used to navigating through life like that.

This is kind of how I equate people in this thread who are upset at the black representation at these performances. You’ve never had to think about representation before, and so you have never noticed it or gave it any thought. Now that representation matters have been brought to the forefront of society, you’re uncomfortable—like my friend who was uncomfortable going to that party.

Do you see maybe why your discomfort may be offensive to others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies