Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 06:20 PM

3,437 posts, read 1,580,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Doesn't happen to any significant effect unless the patient already has really bad COPD with CO2 retention.
you could get headaches or get dizzy if you're healthy. the first time I put on a mask I thought I was going to pass out. I got dizzy.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:27 PM

38,066 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
This is nothing new to anyone who has actually followed the science all along. Masks are nothing but theater making people feel safe. Everyone take off your bacteria trap and refuse to wear them. There is more evidence mask wearing is harming those people more than it helped with anything.

This study is even on the CDC and NIH's website. Why are those idiots not telling people this? Oh cause they would have to admit they have been wrong the entire time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

From the article:

Therefore, it has been hypothesized: 1) the practice of wearing facemasks has compromised safety and efficacy profile, 2) Both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to reduce human-to-human transmission and infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, 3) Wearing facemasks has adverse physiological and psychological effects, 4) Long-term consequences of wearing facemasks on health are detrimental.

From the W.H.O. study from Oct 2019:

The 2019 review was part of a larger study examining "non-pharmaceutical public health measures for mitigating the risk and impact of epidemic and pandemic influenza." That paper effected a "systematic review of the evidence on the effectiveness of [non-pharmaceutical interventions], including personal protective measures, environmental measures, social distancing measures and travel-related measures."

Ten RCTs were included in meta-analysis, and there was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

We have known for over a year and a half that wearing masks is next to useless in reducing the chances of being infected by COVID.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:28 PM

18,868 posts, read 8,514,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
you could get headaches or get dizzy if you're healthy. the first time I put on a mask I thought I was going to pass out. I got dizzy.
Oh sure. Psychological, with hyperventilation and then low pCO2 causing the dizziness. Very distressing but benign. Mask off and breathing into a paper bag will bring you right back up.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Silly, Fauci thinks you were supposed to wear two masks.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 PM

3,437 posts, read 1,580,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The nurse in the video had been wearing a mask for five hours before she did the demonstration. You asked for oxygen levels plus pulse rate. I gave you an example.

Said by someone who does not know that a cautery is often used during surgery and what can happen with it in an enriched oxygen atmosphere.
I did not ask for oxygen levels it looks like oxygen levels might not lower much but co2 increases. in the video, I posted co2 went up to levels where a healthy person could get side effects.

I would say most get away with the mask but I think if worn over years and years you could have health problems. my point is sure now most are not experiencing health problems nurses have only worn masks ALL Day for a year but before nurses did not wear masks all day.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5gVP5ITNFouk/

I would say its like smoking . smoking wont kill you if you smoke 10 cigarettes but if you smoke for 30 years or wear masks all the time for that time you could get health problems.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-22-2021 at 06:40 PM..

Old 04-22-2021, 06:46 PM

18,868 posts, read 8,514,984 times
Quote:
I did not ask for oxygen levels it looks like oxygen levels might not lower much but co2 increases. in the video, I posted co2 went up to levels where a healthy person could get side effects.

I would say most get away with the mask but I think if worn over years and years you could have health problems. my point is sure now most are not experiencing health problems nurses have only worn masks ALL Day for a year but before nurses did not wear masks all day.

I would say its like smoking . smoking wont kill you if you smoke 10 cigarettes but if you smoke for 30 years or wear masks all the time for that time you could get health problems.
Ain't gonna happen. Ain't gonna be a problem even over the longer term. Our surgeons are still alive!
If and when CO2 rises you simply breathe faster. Going from say 12 to 14 BPM you would never notice it. If it even happens. People with severe COPD though may have a problem.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:33 PM

37,182 posts, read 41,377,016 times
Quote:

On oxygen and CO2. The woman in the video is able to breathe just fine wearing seven masks and there is no significant change in her measured CO2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWV_6N9kb0

Healthcare workers have worn masks for extended periods during careers lasting years with no evidence any of them have experienced any adverse health effects.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:37 PM

17,746 posts, read 6,987,200 times
Quote:
On oxygen and CO2. The woman in the video is able to breathe just fine wearing seven masks and there is no significant change in her measured CO2.

Healthcare workers have worn masks for extended periods during careers lasting years with no evidence any of them have experienced any adverse health effects.
7 masks. Is that woman you suzy?

Actually, nevermind. I'm sure you wear at least 15.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,688,230 times
A better comeback would have been if that many masks let in enough oxygen, just what else is it letting in?

Old 04-22-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:

But are they wearing the homemade cloth masks? Those are the ones that are hard to breath thru. The paper ones, you wear for awhile and then throw away, not so with the cloth ones. But even with the paper ones, alot of people are not wearing them for extended periods, they just wear them to jog into the store, and then leave. Those masks usually get tossed on a passenger seat and are reused over and over again. so yeah, a trained professional is not going to wear theirs like that, but average people might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies