Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 07:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
White folk have gone full Karen and Snowflake on this forum. This is halarious.
Yes, the BLACK people are out to GETTTTTT YOUUUUU. BOOO did I scare you?

Imagine if White folk stood up to the media in the 80's and 90's and said "stop portraying ALL black people as Thugs, Welfare recipients, and Crackheads". Imagine if white folk would have been as mad about the incorrect portrayal of black folk in this country as they are currently about themselves, the white man.

Perhaps our dishonest media could have been corrected before it got out of hand like today, but you didn't. Because you didnt mind the bias as long as it was slanted toward WHITE SOCEITY.

Oh well, had your chance, its out in the wild now.
It’s still the default though, isn’t it?
The second a black person is killed by a cop, the usual suspects are rooting around trying to find reasons why that person deserved to be killed.

Far too many whites really don’t get that they approach virtually every situation that involves a black person from the mindset above.

Black person in the elevator?
They’ll take the next one.

No, OP you don’t owe anyone anything other than basic human decency.
Too much to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 07:14 AM

6,646 posts, read 2,961,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They do, actually. But you're not going to hear black people openly complain about other black people because they know they're feeding material to white racists.
or just get called an uncle tom.
or get cancelled

and who says they need to be a spokesperson for all things black?

who says all whites need to be responsible for all things racist?

Some people are just normal and want to be left alone and are perfectly fine where they are without some drama heads busting in their social media door demanding they be outraged at what social media says to be outraged about.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:15 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
I disagree. They are owed a one way ticket to the utopia of their choice if they so desire or if they commit a violent crime or any felony property crime.
So black people are only characterized by an insatiable desire to commit crimes and murder? If we want to talk about murder. No one has murdered as many people in as little amount of time as white people. There are genocides that has been committed by white people. There was a genocide in our own country against native Americans.

Throw stones in a glass house isn't a good luck man. I think its a patently offensive characterization of black people.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:23 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It’s still the default though, isn’t it?
The second a black person is killed by a cop, the usual suspects are rooting around trying to find reasons why that person deserved to be killed.

Far too many whites really don’t get that they approach virtually every situation that involves a black person from the mindset above.

Black person in the elevator?
They’ll take the next one.

No, OP you don’t owe anyone anything other than basic human decency.
Too much to ask?

Yeah this is what a lot of people are struggling with. And people don't really see how much they really belittle black people.

Like the Chauvin case. You have people freakin out at the verdict. When it is so crystal clear that a guy knee was on a guys neck for 9 minutes. Whatever legal implications there may be. How is this act at all moral?

It's like you've humanized the officer but have completely dehumanized the victim. Or the most egregious example Philadro Castil. Where people say he was killed because he didn't comply. So is non-compliance a death sentence now? Is this our great and free society? Cop doesn't like what you say or do, so that's a justification to get killed?

Beyond politics, this mindset is vile. It lacks any morality or human decency. And people who think this way are completely toxic.

Yeah I get it there are a lot of things about BLM I don't like either. But people focus too much on political groups, and not enough on people getting their lives destroyed.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:36 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
or just get called an uncle tom.
or get cancelled

and who says they need to be a spokesperson for all things black?

who says all whites need to be responsible for all things racist?

Some people are just normal and want to be left alone and are perfectly fine where they are without some drama heads busting in their social media door demanding they be outraged at what social media says to be outraged about.

You know why people on the Right get called a uncle tom these days? Ill explain

1) Black Republicans in media tell black folk "Get off the Plantation and be free from Democrats".

Then

2) "Come join me on MY PLANTATION on the Right"

Trading one master for another never works.

If the argument was "Free yourself from the constraints of political parties that have BOTH FAILED YOU" then you would get more attention. But they won't because Black Republicans have a master as do Black Democrats.

The argument has to be more than "Be our slave instead".
Go back and read the threads on this forum from 2017 - 2020, Republicans require obedience and party-line votes too.

No thanks, I recommend younger black folk do not choose either and vote for whom ever they want per their own personal views, like WE ALL SHOULD.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:42 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
True, equality, but it works on both sides. Everyone needs to pull their share. The government continues to create inequality by giving benefits, freebies, etc. to those that prefer not to pull their fair share. Instead of finding solutions to those less fortunate, the government sends more money, putting greater burden on those that paying taxes.

The government claims it wasn't equality for education, yet Biden and Obama voted against school choice which would provide the option for children to go to a better school.

IMO racism has become the new name of the game ever since Obama was in the WH. If you check out Biden's history, he was a segregationist, yet people elected him and America is more divided than ever.
He was running against a birther.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Jealousy, although he might be correct about the Finns.
He says and I quote " Swedes are like the Scottish. Their nose is in the air and they all wish they were Norwegian. LOL. He is an actual Norwegian, from Norway and my best friend over here. He does love to drink to excess as well. That must be a Scandinavian thing because they all seem to do it.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:49 AM

6,646 posts, read 2,961,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
You know why people on the Right get called a uncle tom these days? Ill explain

1) Black Republicans in media tell black folk "Get off the Plantation and be free from Democrats".

Then

2) "Come join me on MY PLANTATION on the Right"

Trading one master for another never works.

If the argument was "Free yourself from the constraints of political parties that have BOTH FAILED YOU" then you would get more attention. But they won't because Black Republicans have a master as do Black Democrats.

The argument has to be more than "Be our slave instead".
Go back and read the threads on this forum from 2017 - 2020, Republicans require obedience and party-line votes too.

No thanks, I recommend younger black folk do not choose either and vote for whom ever they want per their own personal views, like WE ALL SHOULD.
I am not referring to Candice Owen type talking heads.
We were talking , presumably, abut average people on the street.

I seriously doubt most blacks in those neighborhoods 'want' thuggery to prevail. And if asked they would agree. Of course, Media won't be broadcasting that in any great number.

But you know people will ignore what is said as a person and immediately categorize it as Left or Right and let the bashing commence.

Quote:
I recommend younger black folk do not choose either and vote for whom ever they want per their own personal views, like WE ALL SHOULD.
That can be said for ANY young folk. It doesn't need to be qualified with a race.

But at the end of the day that person being voted for IS on one side or the other, the bad side of a two party system.

Ain't no one your 'master' unless you let them or someone else convince you they are.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:49 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Equality. That’s what they owe them... and everyone else.
The 1960s say hi.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:58 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,392,626 times
Quote:
The only thing is this Isn't a "game".

How many people came to this country with even less after the 'game' and still made it just fine?
My parents sure didn't emigrate here on a gold jet in the 60's.

I don't doubt that that had some effect,..but the vision in my head is that it's these Waspy CaddyShack blonde hair blue eye snobs that had the benefits.
Monopoly was used an analogy...and a useful one at that.

Many foreign immigrants leave their country for the U.S. already possessing skills and an education base that give them an edge in their new home.

Of course, we should all applaud immigrant success stories and we can all learn important lessons from their success. That doesn't negate the bolded part above.

Quote:

But there are vastly more 'normal' whites and minorities that all had to schlep their way through life and find their own level of success.

To lump today's whites in with those pre-Jim crow elites is a stretch , imho.
"Normal whites" (whatever that means) came back from WWII and got the full benefits of the GI Bill. Black servicemen were not so fortunate.

https://www.militarytimes.com/milita...sure-it-wasnt/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies