Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 02:00 PM

36,540 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Really, eh? Pixar isn't looking for a voice actor, they want a poster child for the cause they're promoting and hoping to capitalize on.
My bad. This is all I read: “Pixar is casting a youth voice-over role for an upcoming animated project
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 01:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
It will be interesting to see how many parents want to take their children to a movie about a "trans" child. I'd guess a lot fewer than woke people think. There are still plenty of people who believe in male and female, with rare chromosomal exceptions.

That a person could switch to the other gender would have never even crossed anyone's minds for most of my lifetime, and it still seems like craziness to plenty of us.
My generation will be dead and gone in another 20-30 years, and everyone can carry on however they want. I don't see myself ever jumping on the "transgender" bandwagon. Just does not compute as anything other than a mental illness.
If parents do that, I say that is their choice. My mother took me and my older brother to see Not Another Teen Movie. At the time I was not 17 so my mother took me. Watching the movie with a number of the sex and nudity jokes in it, she said she wouldn't have let us go, if she knew what was in this movie. Mind you, she loved watching South Park with us.

The only problem I see, censorship creates an urge. Censorship whether by your parents or companies, create a challenge. I remember thinking I wanted to see The Interview as a middle finger to North Korea. I didn't, but I'm sure many wanted to. Also how many kids watched a TV show or listened to music just because their parents said not to. It is a fact that Parental Advisory albums typically sold better than ones without.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:43 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Say it with me: Virtue. Signaling.

This whole "stay in your lane" acting stuff is nonsense and I think deep down everyone knows it. But IF a company is going to feature a transperson right now, this moment, after what happened with Apu, they have no other choice. My choice would be not to bother but reread my first sentence.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Really, eh? Pixar isn't looking for a voice actor, they want a poster child for the cause they're promoting and hoping to capitalize on.
bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies