Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:41 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Meh.

Pixar just wants to avoid outrage nonsense from the woke mob. Since the character seems to be a boy to girl transgender transition, if Pixar doesnt use an actual transgender (boy to girl) for the voice, they know the woke mob will begin to shriek and bay, and it will start the usual woke mob nonsense.

From what I have heard though, many male to female transgender people simply sound like really gay males in the voice inflections, so Pixar may have to look a bit, if they want a biological sounding girls voice. Hmmm...., but they did say they want it to be authentic, so maybe they will go with the young gay male sounding voice............

Or will they use a biological girl that identifies as a transgender girl?

A 49 year old former man that identifies as a 14 year old girl?

Yep it gets sticky with the identity politics over there when you have to go by the rules they have in Woketardistan.......

Last edited by snebarekim; 04-23-2021 at 02:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 02:10 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,781,593 times
The real question is - why is pixar including this in a children's film anyway? I think they've lost touch with wholesome movie content if they think this is appropriate.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:43 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The experts do not agree that it is harmful.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...42/4/e20182162

What do you say about those who do not "grow out of the trans phase"?

Perhaps you could provide a link to what you want us to know.
I say good luck to them. I'm not concerned about them. I'm concerned about protecting the majority.

I'm pretty sure you can google

Old 04-23-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
The real question is - why is pixar including this in a children's film anyway? I think they've lost touch with wholesome movie content if they think this is appropriate.
Yes, that is the real question. But given they have made that decision, they had no choice but to cast in this manner lest the mob be unleashed on them. But it does go to demonstrate that they know a "trans female" is not in fact a female, as do the activists who would have otherwise protested them.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:47 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I say good luck to them. I'm not concerned about them. I'm concerned about protecting the majority.

I'm pretty sure you can google
They do not have to be protected. They stop any meds and resume their lives as their preferred gender.

I take it you do not have a source.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:49 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
shrug. So don't watch. This one is easy to avoid.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They do not have to be protected. They stop any meds and resume their lives as their preferred gender.

I take it you do not have a source.
Haha, you really haven't researched puberty blocking have you. I guess that does explain your views to some extent.

While you are researching on the google machine, also type in "what percentage of trans youth desist" and take your pick from the plethora of research. It really isn't difficult.

But at least you are acknowledging these gender "transitions" are simply a preference. As with most preferences, these often change from time to time as evidenced by the research you will find.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:15 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Haha, you really haven't researched puberty blocking have you. I guess that does explain your views to some extent.

While you are researching on the google machine, also type in "what percentage of trans youth desist" and take your pick from the plethora of research. It really isn't difficult.

But at least you are acknowledging these gender "transitions" are simply a preference. As with most preferences, these often change from time to time as evidenced by the research you will find.
I am very familiar with the puberty blocking drugs. They have long been used to prevent the unwanted onset of early puberty.

I have no desire to do your research for you. It is up to you to defend your thesis.

I am not denying that some children find their gender preference changes at puberty. That is why no permanent treatment is done until it is clear that the gender dysphoria is not going to change.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Do trans sound different?

Old 04-23-2021, 06:45 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do trans sound different?
Really, eh? Pixar isn't looking for a voice actor, they want a poster child for the cause they're promoting and hoping to capitalize on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies