Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 11:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
So you are saying you think it is ok for a 7, 9, 12, 14 year old child to just decide they aren’t happy with the gender they were born? That they should be allowed to just go ahead and mutilate their bodies and take hormones to completely screw themselves up at that young of an age? Before they even hit puberty and really even have a chance to learn about who and what they really are? Yeah, I am absolutely NOT ok with that line of thinking. Not at all.

And clearly it is a mental health issue. If you think you are any gender other than what you were born, you need to seek professional mental help. It’s not difficult. If you were born with boy parts between your legs and male chromosomes, guess what, you are a male. Born with lady parts between your legs and female chromosomes, you are female. End of list.
Actually, Republican state legislators who can't possibly relate to it should stay out of the transsexual issue and let school sports organizations, doctors, and parents worry about the issue. As I understand it, if a boy in an Oklahoma public school wants to compete with the girls in sports, he must first undergo testosterone suppression treatment. Now come on, what male student who identifies with himself as a male, rather than female, would want to undergo such treatment? No doubt about it. Republican legislators who want to oppress transsexual students are just looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist.

Why don't Republicans ban girls from competing with the boys in sports? After all, girls have been known to beat boys in wrestling matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV9XA-9tM6I&t=151s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 12:19 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Seriously, Aussiehoff, you're so all out WRONG, though. Oklahoma Republican state legislators are very, very, honest in trying to pass a law to make it illegal for male transsexual students to compete in girl sports.
Irrelevant to my point, and another example of your dishonest discussion.

Of course males should not compete in girls sport.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:27 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Irrelevant to my point, and another example of your dishonest discussion.

Of course males should not compete in girls sport.
The irony is that the issue of male to female trans in sports would be moot if those individuals were to be allowed to transition before puberty and testosterone blocked from doing its thing.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Don’t worry, my kids will not watch a cartoon featuring a tranny. And whatever. Same difference in my book. They are all nothing more than cross dressers. Male to female is just a guy with fake boobs. Female to male is a woman who tapes her chest down and wears her hair short.

And again, a young child is a damn child. We should not, as a society, be shoving crazy psychological garbage like this on our kids. Same with the race crap. Let them be kids for a while before we force them into the crazy woke Pc bull****. They absolutely do not “know it” as kids. They are friggin kids pure and simple.

And again, only 2 genders in the human race. The occasional oddity or freak of nature does not count.
Do you realize, just a few decades ago, people were saying the same exact things about those in 'Interracial relationships'...and then later on, those in Homosexual relationships?

In fact, it was against FCC broadcasting rules to depict an interracial or homosexual couple in a positive manner.

My my, how times have changed!

Old 04-23-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
There are many cultures where transgender people have been prominent and even celebrated since ancient times. It’s not new.

Who do you think you are to tell people they are not valid?
Of course there have been people with this disorder since ancient times. There have also been people with other mental illness like depression since then.

Being honest does not tell someone they are invalid as you know. Appeals to emotion do not advance discussion.

Adults with this condition should be able to seek what ever treatment they want. It doesn't make them the other gender, but hopefully it makes them feel better. But as we know, it doesn't achieve that for the majority.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
But as we know, it doesn't achieve that for the majority.
Source?

Old 04-23-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The irony is that the issue of male to female trans in sports would be moot if those individuals were to be allowed to transition before puberty and testosterone blocked from doing its thing.
It is sickening that adults want to abrogate their responsibility to protect children. That you would be a proponent of chemical castration of children, with the full knowledge that most children ultimately grow out of the trans phase is truly unbelievable. What motivates this determination to harm?

Old 04-23-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Source?
I would have thought you would be aware of the research.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:59 AM

Quote:
It is sickening that adults want to abrogate their responsibility to protect children. That you would be a proponent of chemical castration of children, with the full knowledge that most children ultimately grow out of the trans phase is truly unbelievable. What motivates this determination to harm?
The experts do not agree that it is harmful.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...42/4/e20182162

What do you say about those who do not "grow out of the trans phase"?

Quote:
I would have thought you would be aware of the research.
Perhaps you could provide a link to what you want us to know.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
???? What is the excitement about? A transgender to play a transgender. Makes sense. Better than having a girl play the part.

I would understand if they were searching for a female to male transgender to play the part of Superman or Thor. Keep the casting accurate. I am a big fan of Idris Elba, but he was absolutely wrong for the Dark Tower. Bale would have been a far better choice and more true to the series. I honestly couldn't get into the movie because Idris was completely wrong for the part.

Don't feel bad I never like Val Kilmer for Batman either.

I dont like Tom Cruise for Jack Reacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies