Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 06:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsOnDrugs View Post
Trans people exist, they're human beings just making their way through through life like the rest of us. Kind of like how black people exist therefore it's like a nobrainer that they will be on a pixar movie.
But conservatives will tell you it should be illegal for anybody to become a transsexual under age 18. A large number of them also think it's nonsense, a mental illness and shouldn't be allowed at any age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 06:41 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You go ahead. Be fine with whatever you're fine with, no skin off my nose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Biologically I identify my age with what will get me the biggest discount.

I'm trans age.

Think it'll fly?
Quote:
Most people are trans age when they get near their 40's, actually. So what's ya point exactly?
Pretty straight forward. Since biology determines gender, race and biological age (as opposed to chronological age), if people are free to identify gender, what’s the argument one can’t determine the race and age they choose to identify as.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:42 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But conservatives will tell you it should be illegal for anybody to become a transsexual under age 18. A large number of them also think it's nonsense, a mental illness and shouldn't be allowed at any age.
Mostly correct, except for the last part. I don't want the state to tell someone that they can't believe they're a woman trapped in a man's body, or vice versa. What shouldn't be allowed is forcing others to play along with their delusion, and punish them if they don't.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:54 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Understanding it's an illness does not mean people should not be treated with respect and care. Do you not understand that distinction?

People who are ill need help. Pretending that they are not ill does them a disservice. If a man tells me he is a woman and I need to pretend he can get pregnant. That's false. Absolutely untrue. Won't do it. It's a LIE.

If someone wants to live as a transgender, go for it. But don't expect others to pretend that they are what they are not. They should expect civility. Not indulgence.
It's an illness in your opinion.

That's not the same thing as it actually being an illness.

It's you who's pretending. I'll afford you civility, but not indulgence.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:55 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Pretty straight forward. Since biology determines gender, race and biological age (as opposed to chronological age), if people are free to identify gender, what’s the argument one can’t determine the race and age they choose to identify as.
How do you know biology doesn't determine who is or isn't transgender?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
I'm faily liberal socially and I get the uncomfortable reaction to trans.
But who cares.

They aren't forcing you to go to the movie.......let it go.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:11 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
So if now the only people that can play a role are people who are that character in real life, shouldn't Pixar be looking for a cartoon person to voice the cartoon?

Old 04-22-2021, 08:17 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
How do you know biology doesn't determine who is or isn't transgender?

Old 04-22-2021, 09:21 PM

795 posts, read 408,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
OP seems triggered (thus making the topic controversial for him) that either:

1. Trans people exist
2. A show might have a trans character
3. a company might want a trans actor to play a trans character

But yeah, sorry OP, none of those things is controversial to most people.
Maybe he is thinking that Pixar (owned by Disney) pretty much EXCLUSIVELY makes animated KIDS movies. Maybe he is concerned about Pixar producing an animated movie geared towards young and impressionable children pushing a transvestite character on them. Maybe he is concerned about the potential for that to be severely damaging to said children that would watch said movie. I know I certainly would be and I certainly will NOT be letting my young children see such a movie.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You are deeply dishonest.

Most conservatives I know treat everyone with respect, including those suffering from mental illness. However, that mental illness does not mean that the sufferer gets to dictate a banning of facts for fear of offending them.

Any adult should be able to disfigure their body without interference from government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies