Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 06:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh okay, apparently I wasn't simple enough in my response.

The reality of their existence is not quantified by mental illness.

Or, more simply put still - they're perfectly normal (if not common). The mental health issue is something you made up.
No. It's an illness. The continued media push has been intentional to make it APPEAR normal. It's not. And it's been so exploitive it's criminal.

Like telling an anorexic, how great she looks and encouraging her to continue losing weight when she's 5 7 and weighs 70 pounds. Her perception that she's too fat is correct, right? You're on board with that? Right. It's mental illness.

You can agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I’m fine with people identifying with whatever gender they choose. Of course in order to do so, one would also have to be okay with people identifying whatever race they choose. You know transracial.
Biologically I identify my age with what will get me the biggest discount.

I'm trans age.

Think it'll fly?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:23 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No. It's an illness. The continued media push has been intentional to make it APPEAR normal. It's not. And it's been so exploitive it's criminal.

Like telling an anorexic, how great she looks and encouraging her to continue losing weight when she's 5 7 and weighs 70 pounds. Her perception that she's too fat is correct, right? You're on board with that? Right. It's mental illness.

You can agree to disagree.
I wouldn't care except your layperson's opinion collectively (with others that share such) has a profound effect on my kid and the society they live in.

Not only do I not agree it's an illness I vehemently object to you spreading that falsehood.

Anorexia, on the other hand, is indeed an illness and I don't think many would disagree that that's the case. On an individual basis, though, one would leave it to the person suspected of having such an illnesses' medical professional to make such a determination.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:25 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:

I'm trans age.

Think it'll fly?
Most people are trans age when they get near their 40's, actually. So what's ya point exactly?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I wouldn't care except your layperson's opinion collectively (with others that share such) has a profound effect on my kid and the society they live in.

Not only do I not agree it's an illness I vehemently object to you spreading that falsehood.

Anorexia, on the other hand, is indeed an illness and I don't think many would disagree that that's the case. On an individual basis, though, one would leave it to the person suspected of having such an illnesses' medical professional to make such a determination.
Understanding it's an illness does not mean people should not be treated with respect and care. Do you not understand that distinction?

People who are ill need help. Pretending that they are not ill does them a disservice. If a man tells me he is a woman and I need to pretend he can get pregnant. That's false. Absolutely untrue. Won't do it. It's a LIE.

If someone wants to live as a transgender, go for it. But don't expect others to pretend that they are what they are not. They should expect civility. Not indulgence.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:33 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
These people are insane. I hear they are also going to interview actual bears to do the voices of a Care Bear reboot.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:36 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:

I'm trans age.

Think it'll fly?
You cannot even make up wild satire with the woke, left, Democrats, etc..., because they are so far removed from reality that your jokes will become their reality.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:37 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
One positive from all of this is that all public toilets should be private, single person. Should eliminate shy bladder problems.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:38 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
These people are insane. I hear they are also going to interview actual bears to do the voices of a Care Bear reboot.
They will be competing with the Charmin commercials for all those bears who use TP.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:39 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
There's nothing controversial about this. A film studio is casting a film, looking for talent. It happens every day.
There is a trend toward demands that any movie or TV show portraying a character from a "diverse" or "protected" group be played by an actor from the exact same group. In this instance it's about a voice actor, which is even crazier. Yes, in sane circles, this is still controversial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies