Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 09:20 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
ok.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/u6rate

In Jan '20 it was 6.9%
In Oct '20 (pre-vaccine) it had already dropped to 12.1%
In the ensuing 7 months, it's been trimmed to 10.2%

Is 10.2% good? If no, then what should be done to get the number down?
Bingo...but the free stuff folks think that’s fantastic to try to fit their narrative, lol.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yet no comparison from then until now. Have any of those links from then till now?
Nope --- no comparison because I don't support the argument that the shortages are caused by UI benefits.

There are shortages but there has been for some time in many areas.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Can you prove folks are refusing to work because of UI benefits?

I've provided links to past articles identifying employee shortages prior to the pandemic and the impact on those industries.
Love the deflection. If there’s so many jobs available paying wayyy more than in the past to get people to work, why are folks still collecting free stuff?

Except this pandemic is way beyond past years. You don’t have a comparison because it doesn’t fit your narrative, and trying to say that your area is unaffected compared to 2014, versus the rest of the country is hilarious. Free stuff folks will say anything to defend that money until it runs out.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:25 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Yet there’s an over abundance of jobs and an over abundance of folks collecting free stuff. Here’s some numbers that you choose to ignore, lol.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-...re-11620742194

Not ignoring it at all. But it's naïve not to look at numbers provided to you from the source (Department of Labor) and easily realize that your claims of people staying at home are false (especially when the drop is more than 50%). People are going back to work despite the supplemental unemployment because it's not replacement wage. I'm sure you're not smart enough to realize that the mark of full employment on the U3 chart is 5.2% (we're currently just over 6%). So in other words (try and follow me here Einstein), even at full employment, there are millions of jobs available.

At this point, I'm not going to waste my time on you as it would be more effective to talk to a wall. Time to really put you on "ignore". Feel free to get any more irrational comments in that you would like. I'm had enough of your nonsense (and the dodging and deflecting is simply childish).

Old 06-07-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope --- no comparison because I don't support the argument that the shortages are caused by UI benefits.

There are shortages but there has been for some time in many areas.
No comparison because you can’t prove it’s no different than past years.

Who said there wasn’t shortages in past years?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:28 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Certainly not limited to the restaurant industry.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-...re-11620742194
Quote:
The Biden administration, for its part, said there’s little evidence unemployment benefits are dissuading people from taking jobs. They blamed closed schools and daycare centers, saying many parents have to stay home to care for children.
since the media has taken this at face value and run with it, as have the most-left Biden supporters ...

I don't see an attempt at U6 by race/sex, but I can link the official report

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea31.htm

Female unemployment is 5.2%, below the average and below men.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Not ignoring it at all. But it's naïve not to look at numbers provided to you from the source (Department of Labor) and easily realize that your claims of people staying at home are false (especially when the drop is more than 50%). People are going back to work despite the supplemental unemployment because it's not replacement wage. I'm sure you're not smart enough to realize that the mark of full employment on the U3 chart is 5.2% (we're currently just over 6%). So in other words (try and follow me here Einstein), even at full employment, there are millions of jobs available.

At this point, I'm not going to waste my time on you as it would be more effective to talk to a wall. Time to really put you on "ignore". Feel free to get any more irrational comments in that you would like. I'm had enough of your nonsense (and the dodging and deflecting is simply childish).
Who said some people weren’t going back to work?

I’m certainly smarter as I was able to use your own posts to prove you wrong, and thanks for the Einstein comparison.

With so many jobs available paying wayyy more than before, why is there a huge shortage of workers?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
since the media has taken this at face value and run with it, as have the most-left Biden supporters ...

I don't see an attempt at U6 by race/sex, but I can link the official report

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea31.htm

Female unemployment is 5.2%, below the average and below men.
Lol at believing what Sleepy Joe is saying. It’s summer, kids are all but out of school, no different than any other year. Did parents stay home due to no childcare in years past, and if so, do you have any numbers to support that?

There’s certainly some folks going back to work, but there’s certainly a huge number of job openings and still a huge number of folks collecting free stuff versus choosing to go back to work, which will obviously change when their free stuff runs out and they need to pay their bills.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:48 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
"You get what you pay for" and as it relates here; when you pay a larger than normal segment of the working class to stay home, you will get a larger number of working class staying home

Of course Biden will lie about the statistics and/or any negative outcome of one of his admins schemes (like they all do)

Old 06-07-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
"You get what you pay for" and as it relates here; when you pay a larger than normal segment of the working class to stay home, you will get a larger number of working class staying home

Of course Biden will lie about the statistics and/or any negative outcome of one of his admins schemes (like they all do)
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies