Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 04:04 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So all of that did not protect her. At the end of the day, it is up to her God given immunity system to protect her from this virus, come what may.
Instead of having the same fight again I am hoping we could have some facts that show that the vaccinations will actually protect you from serious health issues or death.

At this point the jury is out because there have been both serious cases and deaths after full vaccination.

The "medical authorities" are saying that number is low, but last I heard it 7000 people so that seems like something that could grow to 500000 with time.

Also J&J has very low protection -- like 60% or something so depends on what vaccine she got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 04:06 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times
Quote:
An Arizona legislator, Rep. Alma Hernandez, who was inoculated two months ago and who also routinely wears a mask, practices social distancing and practices good hygiene, has contracted the coronavirus.

So all of that did not protect her. At the end of the day, it is up to her God given immunity system to protect her from this virus, come what may.

So much for the "experts".
Everyone at my job that got the vaccine, has had to be hospitalized for complications. One woman has been in a coma now for over two weeks.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:07 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So the honest question is, how sick is she? Is she going to be seriously ill, hospitalized, and die? (I honestly don't know, didn't read the article). Because THAT is what the vaccine was supposed to do, not only fight the virus, but also lead to much, much better results for those that DO get sick. Because very few, if any, viruses work at 100%. But I am sure you already knew that.
From the article:
'She said her symptoms included fever and a migraine headache. She also lost the abilities to taste and smell. Hernandez said she was quarantining at her Phoenix home, where she would remain for the next week.'

Old 04-29-2021, 04:09 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Instead of having the same fight again I am hoping we could have some facts that show that the vaccinations will actually protect you from serious health issues or death.

At this point the jury is out because there have been both serious cases and deaths after full vaccination.

The "medical authorities" are saying that number is low, but last I heard it 7000 people so that seems like something that could grow to 500000 with time.

Also J&J has very low protection -- like 60% or something so depends on what vaccine she got.
Which, after 28 days, jumps to about 90%. J&J vaccine is not the same as the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine.
The immunity builds up slower.

Also note that Pfizer/Moderna are working on boosters while J&J is not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-know-n1259652

What's more, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine's effectiveness against severe disease was found to increase over time — to more than 90 percent within a month and a half after vaccination.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Everyone at my job that got the vaccine, has had to be hospitalized for complications. One woman has been in a coma now for over two weeks.
Wow. That is very bad. Worse than I was expecting, to be honest.

How are you feeling?

Old 04-29-2021, 04:11 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,470,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

Possibly and even probably, but with vaccination figures getting us closer to "herd" immunity, maybe not. Moderna and Pfizer both went through phase 3 trials and the results are out if you wanted to read them.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:11 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
I feel there is a suggestion that the vaccines don't work because the covid numbers are not dropping as much as one might expect. We remain around 50K cases and 900 deaths per day.

Very small drops.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:15 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,470,223 times
Quote:
An Arizona legislator, Rep. Alma Hernandez, who was inoculated two months ago and who also routinely wears a mask, practices social distancing and practices good hygiene, has contracted the coronavirus.

So much for the "experts".
Brazil and India went through phases of "leaving it up to God," and it wasn't/isn't pretty. The vaccine doesn't have to work all the time, just in enough people to stop the virus from spreading around. The efficacy rates are out there if you want to look them up.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
And out of the nearly 2,000 that got vaccinated at my spouses plant maybe 350 took half a day off because they felt icky, and none were hospitalized or went into a coma. They finished with second rounds over 3 weeks ago now.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:16 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times
These vaccines probably only provide 2-3 month protection. They are "feel good" vaccines for the public for more control. All you can really do is hope to keep hospitalizations/deaths down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies