Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 04:46 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I'm not her doc, but more than likely with sudden loss of smell/taste, she got the Covid!
Of course as she is vaccinated her risk for serious disease is low.
Whether she was inoculated or not, her risk is low, as the risk of serious disease is low for the vast majority of people regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 04:47 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Possibly and even probably, but with vaccination figures getting us closer to "herd" immunity, maybe not. Moderna and Pfizer both went through phase 3 trials and the results are out if you wanted to read them.
You will never get herd immunity with a virus that mutates requiring a booster shot.
Think flu, not chicken pox or measles.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:48 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You will never get herd immunity with a virus that mutates requiring a booster shot.
Think flu, not chicken pox or measles.
And now my local news paper is calling on employers to make the vaccine mandatory.

Just another way the liberals can try to punish anyone who doesn't think like them with their job. I just hope there are some lawyers read to go with class action law suits.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM

424 posts, read 176,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Of course it's not true.

If "everybody at his job" had to be hospitalized... and that were a legitimate thing relative to the rest of the country... the hospitals in the country would be packed with people suffering from COVID vaccine reactions.

Speaks volumes about that particular workplace though. Either that place has some really bad Mojo or there are a bunch of hypochondriacs working there.
I'm thinking the poster might work with one person who was vaccinated and had a very bad and very rare reaction or that they work with characters in a short story or novel or something.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
yep....and they wonder why so many people won't get vaccinated

fully vaccinated government on Tv last night....all wearing masks and distancing...just as if they hadn't been vaccinated at all
The vaccine is 95% effective, sure take your chances with the virus with those odds.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:50 PM

606 posts, read 355,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Well the USA has had less... no doubt and Israel started with less.

But in theory, by now, they should be having zero cases and zero deaths.... and they aren't..

I wonder what the weather is like in Israel right now. (hint -- warm)
They (or we) will not have zero cases and zero deaths until an insanely high percentage of the population has been vaccinated. Until then, clustered outbreaks will remain. How big the clusters are will be dependent on how much of the population is vaccinated.

This is why vaccination is very much a societal and public health issue, as much as people like to reduce it to an issue of individualism and personal freedom.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
And now my local news paper is calling on employers to make the vaccine mandatory.

Just another way the liberals can try to punish anyone who doesn't think like them with their job. I just hope there are some lawyers read to go with class action law suits.
Well according to the FDA these are not approved vaccines. They are EUA vaccines and so no one can be mandated to get them.

But so far no one has taken this to court. Several states have passed laws that the vaccine cannot be mandated at this time.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:53 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Whether she was inoculated or not, her risk is low, as the risk of serious disease is low for the vast majority of people regardless.
I would certainly hope, but since I am not her doc I couldn't know her medical history or risk factors.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:54 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
yep....and they wonder why so many people won't get vaccinated

fully vaccinated government on Tv last night....all wearing masks and distancing...just as if they hadn't been vaccinated at all
Federal property.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I would certainly hope, but since I am not her doc I couldn't know her medical history or risk factors.
Overweight, obese, diabetes, high blood pressure seem to be the most prevalent high risk factors all around.
These 4 keep popping up in various studies and articles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies