Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 03:16 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Who is suppose to do the job?

My last jury selection had a very vocal me because I wanted the court to know exactly what they were getting, to be very aware of the level of experience that they would have on the jury. I could have just answered yes/no to the questions but that wouldn't be fair, that would go against my ethics. As it was, I was one of the ones they tossed out of the selection.

But where does the responsibility lie? Certainly the counsels should know but does it also fall on the citizen that if they so believe, they should speak up?
Most liberals do not care if Chauvin got a fair trial. (Personally, I think Chauvin is a thug)

Most woketards would be secretly delighted if they knew a BLM activist was able to game the system and get Chauvin convicted.

The only valid question is, was the BLM activist in question one of the 12 actual jurors that decided Chauvins fate?

If so, then this activist likely helped Chauvin in an appeal.

If not, well boo on the defense for poor homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 03:16 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Apparently a leftist racist lied his way onto the jury. The defense aren’t mind-readers.
Should they be, of a sort?

That may have been one of the things that got me ejected this last time, that as an interrogator of a sort, I could be looking for, reading things to believe or not believe a witness.

Should not a defence team be able to detect liars?

Old 05-03-2021, 03:17 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
^^^
These people are running the country right now folks.
They have been running the country for a long time now.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Should they be, of a sort?

That may have been one of the things that got me ejected this last time, that as an interrogator of a sort, I could be looking for, reading things to believe or not believe a witness.

Should not a defence team be able to detect liars?
Some liars are excellent at what they do. That’s why G-d invented lie detectors.

Maybe in a case of this import, each potential juror should have been asked if they can keep an open mind while hooked up to a lie detector.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:23 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wow. There's literally nothing you can say after this that will change how you are perceived here.

Hope that admission was worth it.
This is the same poster that last week told me I’m not really white because I’m not Northern European enough or something.

All credibility is gone.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:23 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Chauvin deserves to be in prison. Get over it. So what if he got a bad trial. Welcome to just about everyone in America. As many people go to jail for horrible trials or bad juries. I have zero sympathy for this man. I’m tired of cops being above the law. And I’m tired of the people who feel they should be above the law
Wow, what a huge credibility blower you have there.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:24 PM

21,942 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
^^^
These people are running the country right now folks.
Nah. They are just the useful idiots.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There’s that pesky 9+ minute citizen video of Chauvin, hand in pocket, kneeling on a man’s neck. The man was on his stomach on the ground and cuffed behind his back. He was not going anywhere and posed to threat to anyone.

In absence of the citizen video, unlikely Chauvin would have been charged, let alone faced a jury.
What Chauvin did is irrelevant. The juror lied to get on the jury because he was an activist....you know, like Christine Blasey Ford lied because SHE was an activist.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestOldboy View Post
I'm new to City-Data, but I think I've just read the most inane comment I'll ever see here.
I am not new. And you are right.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:35 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'll give you a little history on the Constitution, specifically the 6th Amendment:
"the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury.”

Got it? It's not that hard to understand.

The only criminal justice reform this country needs is for people to stop acting like jackasses when talking to the police.
Lofty words indeed, but a little too late for black America. One might ask themselves how did it come to this in the first place, 26 million Americans who have had it with the history of black men who never live through the arrest to seek their speedy trial.The police and their apologist offer up the dead men's past crimes for absolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies