Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 07:34 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

kind of like the stolen election theory is now slowly becoming more likely to be true. Maybe by 2022 they'll finally admit it was stolen. The wheels of clown world do turn slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 07:54 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And those that voiced that opinion last year were called tin foil hat people. The theory was immediately dismissed as not possible, etc.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-be-r-n2589670

Come with me on this journey because we need to go back in time for this one. Remember the Wuhan lab? Remember the folks who said the COVID pandemic occurred because of a leak, and that the wet market theory was used as a cover story? The ‘bat woman’ of Wuhan is at the center of this theory that was mocked, denigrated, and dismissed as tin foil hat material.
hell, i remember discussing it with you well over a year ago. you were leaning toward the lab leak hypothesis earlier than i was.

from feb. 2020: https://www.city-data.com/forum/57322334-post676.html

Old 05-26-2021, 08:02 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Boss Bezos not micro managing anymore?

Old 05-26-2021, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting…..WaPo …what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

WaPo top fact-checker explains how the 'lab-leak theory suddenly became credible' after discrediting it for a year

Washington Post resident fact-checker Glenn Kessler wrote a handy timeline to explain "How the Wuhan lab-leak theory suddenly became credible." He writes "in recent months the idea that it emerged from the Wuhan Institute of Virology—once dismissed as a ridiculous conspiracy theory—has gained new credence."

https://thepostmillennial.com/wapo-f...denly-credible
At first it was blown off, just to discredit Alex Jones.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:28 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
So how did you and all the other posters know about it? I first learned and discussed it all year on open and legitimate medical sites. On this and other political forums I recall all sorts of alternative-right postings on this very topic. MSM not so much. BFD.
Because when you stop listening to the news and look at the evidence (including other things not mentioned like the military world games being held in Wuham at the time and the event 201 "simulation" where they said a coronavirus would be released from a lab), then it was pretty obvious.

I've given up on trying to wake people up because they choose to have their head buried in sand instead. Like you mentioning the postings about the lab being "alt-right" when that has literally nothing to do with it at all and you're politicizing it for no reason!

Quote:
You experience and impressions, not mine as a doc that has been discussing this very topic with medical experts and scientists since early 2020.
Well obviously you've been discussing it with the wrong ones who were just as misinformed. I first started hearing about this in December 2019 and I'm no doc. You need better sources!

Old 05-26-2021, 08:36 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Anytime I hear or read the term "fact-checker," I laugh. That is code for "propagandist."

The "fact checking" websites are the absolute LAST place I would go for the truth. I wonder who fact checks the fact checkers? And who would fact check the fact check checkers? What a joke.
+1 to all of this

Old 05-26-2021, 08:48 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Welcome to the post truth world where Fox lies to the Republicans just like they want it, everyone else with a right slant and pretty much the rest of the mainstream press lies to Dems just like they want it and everyone else with a left slant.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:50 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Fact Checker = Privatized version of the Ministry of Truth

They check for narrative conformity, not facts.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:51 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
As I had been discussing this since early 2020 with docs and other scientists well above my pay grade, the consensus remains that it is highly unlikely that the virus was intentionally modified to be more virulent to humans. First off the specific knowledge is not there. And second, the only way to find out if a man made alteration worked, would be by infecting large groups of humans. It is highly unlikely that this was, or could be carried out, especially in secrecy. So far only nature can do this. Since nature has all the time and almost infinite chances for mutations that might make the virus more virulent to humans. And the reason we need to get as many as possible and as quickly as possible vaccinated in the world.
Yet Baric et all were doing just that, but instead of using human beings, were using human tissue.

Using human tissue was probably good enough for their research.

Now what's more likely

We know Baric et all were using the Wuhan lab to study modification of bat coronaviruses into becoming more infectious by using human tissue. Virus escapes, is leaked, or deliberately released and seems to be doing what years of testing on human tissue says it would

Or

It evolved naturally in bats. Yet somehow we never found this coronavirus circulating in any bat population anywhere in the world. Not to mention, it does not infect other bats easily. Current computer evolutionary models puts the figure of upwards of 100 years for natural evolution from its closest relative found in bats in China. Yet, we have found no intermediaries. And this virus is a dead end in bats as it does not spread easily.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:54 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And those that voiced that opinion last year were called tin foil hat people. The theory was immediately dismissed as not possible, etc.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-be-r-n2589670

Come with me on this journey because we need to go back in time for this one. Remember the Wuhan lab? Remember the folks who said the COVID pandemic occurred because of a leak, and that the wet market theory was used as a cover story? The ‘bat woman’ of Wuhan is at the center of this theory that was mocked, denigrated, and dismissed as tin foil hat material.
I've been saying since day one that not only did it come from that lab, it didn't "leak" it was deliberately released as a bioweapon against the world because China's endgame was getting blocked by Trump and the rise of western populism. No amount of insults or mockery has swayed me from that opinion one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies