Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 08:56 AM

18,873 posts, read 8,521,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Because when you stop listening to the news and look at the evidence (including other things not mentioned like the military world games being held in Wuham at the time and the event 201 "simulation" where they said a coronavirus would be released from a lab), then it was pretty obvious.

I've given up on trying to wake people up because they choose to have their head buried in sand instead. Like you mentioning the postings about the lab being "alt-right" when that has literally nothing to do with it at all and you're politicizing it for no reason!

Well obviously you've been discussing it with the wrong ones who were just as misinformed. I first started hearing about this in December 2019 and I'm no doc. You need better sources!
Show me your 12/19 source and I will bow to you!

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 09:18 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,991,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Show me your 12/19 source and I will bow to you!

lol
This was the time those propaganda videos from china started being released where people were fainting in the streets, having seizures in super markets, etc. Do you remember those being flooded on social media around christmas time? What did your doc friends thing about them then? Of course they turned out to ne fake but the reason behind them (some I listed) were real. The news in february was saying don't worry about it so I doubt you were clued in before then.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
This was the time those propaganda videos from china started being released where people were fainting in the streets, having seizures in super markets, etc. Do you remember those being flooded on social media around christmas time? What did your doc friends thing about them then?
I do not. I thought you were going to show me.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:20 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,991,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I do not. I thought you were going to show me.
If you don't know about those then you need to start doing your own research because you are way behind. Come back once you figure it out and I'll source you.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
If you don't know about those then you need to start doing your own research because you are way behind. Come back once you figure it out and I'll source you.
Your failure is not an option!

Old 05-26-2021, 09:34 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,866,725 times
You see, there is this thing called evidence, and people should make their decisions based on it. Anecdotal evidence, evidence from questionable or biased sources, and sparse evidence (especially for something of this importance) should be taken with a grain of salt. I know there is a segment of the population that really wants certain things to be true and will accept any evidence that supports it, but a newspaper should have higher standards, especially before breaking a story of such massive global importance.

The thing about evidence is that it can take time to accumulate and it’s never a good idea to believe something just because there is some evidence. Look at how many people are willing to believe that Donald Trump is the rightful president of the United States with no substantial evidence. Thankfully, most major news agencies have higher standards and wait to have substantial evidence from a number of sources before reporting on a story as big as this. I remember there were people who believed COVID-19 was intentionally released by China to harm America before there was any evidence.

I find it interesting that anyone would be critical of the Washington Post for not reporting on this story until they had sufficient evidence, but there are those people who think any evidence is good evidence and no evidence is plenty of evidence, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:35 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,124,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post

I find it interesting that anyone would be critical of the Washington Post for not reporting on this story until they had sufficient evidence, but there are those people who think any evidence is good evidence and no evidence is plenty of evidence, so I shouldn’t be surprised.
Stop lying.

WaPo DID report on this issue, to say it was debunked and anyone who believed it was a nut. Now, they're backtracking.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,693,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Anytime I hear or read the term "fact-checker," I laugh. That is code for "propagandist."

The "fact checking" websites are the absolute LAST place I would go for the truth. I wonder who fact checks the fact checkers? And who would fact check the fact check checkers? What a joke.
Then if you think Snopes is a joke where do you go? Or is the entire Internet a big propaganda machine? There is absolutely no such thing as the truth to be found there?

Old 05-26-2021, 09:41 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Stop lying.

WaPo DID report on this issue, to say it was debunked and anyone who believed it was a nut. Now, they're backtracking.
So, do you think backtracking is bad? Should they continue to stick to their original reporting even as the evidence that they were wrong mounts?

Or is “backtracking” just a way of saying that they changed their reporting when credible evidence they were wrong surfaced? Facts on the ground change and their “backtracking” is not a bad thing. I wish others would be so willing to “backtrack” in light of overwhelming evidence.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:42 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,124,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
So, do you think backtracking is bad? Should they continue to stick to their original reporting even as the evidence that they were wrong mounts?
No, but they shouldn't lie in the first place. This is not a case of an innocent journalistic goof, but propagandists who couldn't keep the shtick up anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies