Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 01:40 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

It isn't just pitbulls. All dogs consider a family their pack. A new baby threatens their status in the pack.

There was a case years ago of a Pomeranian, yes, one of those cute fluff balls, killing a newborn. Never, never, never leave a baby or small child alone with your dog. Dogs react by instinct. Yes, some have saved children but why take that chance and live with regret the rest of your life? Better safe than sorry.

I would suggest that by the time a child is in kindergarten he should be taught how to train the family pet using simple commands. That would indicate to the dog that humans are higher status and must be obeyed. It would also increase the child's self esteem and confidence. Win-win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 02:23 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Do chihuahuas attack horses, cattle, seals, buffalo, cars, trucks, tires, etc? No, but pitbulls do. Do they take people's fingers and faces off? No, but pitbulls do. Do they kill 20+ Americans every year? No, but pitbulls do.

Pitbulls may bite less often, but to act as though the bites are comparable is disingenuous. One requires stitches at the most, but usually is a nip. The other can be disfiguring or life threatening.

Pitbull vs porcupine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0RRRz1hHQ

This pitbull doesn't know when to stop. Keeps on attacking until the horse kills it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHokw9h7Hg
I have to admit I enjoyed watching that horse take out the pit bull. I've never been a rider but I've had a soft spot for horses since I was a little kid. Noble animals.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:01 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I have to admit I enjoyed watching that horse take out the pit bull. I've never been a rider but I've had a soft spot for horses since I was a little kid. Noble animals.
That horse got a lucky shot in I suppose. Don't want to watch the video. Most horses don't survive these attacks. There are regular accounts of this. Pits alone killed 38,000 others animals in 2017. 20K were livestock. These are just the incidents reported. Since these are animals the true numbers are surely far higher.

https://www.animals24-7.org/2018/01/...imals-in-2017/

This is how many horses end up. Sadly, many have to be put down after their injuries. Anyone who appreciates these majestic animals should be disgusted.
https://www.bing.com/images/blob?bci...e6D2fxB.....8w

This is what happened to an owner trying to defend her horse
https://www.nationalpitbullvictimawa...tokar-redo.png

Like another poster I also live in a rural area. I don't worry about wild animals. They rarely bother people and will run when they see you. If not you suspect they may be rabid. It's the so called domestic Pits/bully breeds and their like that will come after you. No one should have to worry about their own or their pet's safety like this. They are like the serial killers of the animal world that too many expect us to tolerate.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:04 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Beyond horrible

Old 05-29-2021, 03:37 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,742,578 times
If a pit bull, doberman, etc, goes off, which is statistically more likely, the consequences are very much likely to be very much more severe. Deadly in many cases. And a kick likely isn't going to do much."

I always loved dogs. I've been bitten by a dachshund, an Irish Terrier, a German Shepherd and a Doberman. No big thing, no doctors visit, and I'd be happy to own a dog of these breeds anytime.

The dogs above bit once and withdrew immediately, they had no intention to kill me or send me to the emergency. Pits are different, and I'd rather deal with a bear or a mountain lion, abundant where we live, than with a pit bull.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:31 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There was a case years ago of a Pomeranian, yes, one of those cute fluff balls, killing a newborn.
I bet if we saw a picture of that creature it wouldn't look much like a cute little fluff ball. It probably was a long-haired mutt that somebody decided to call a Pomeranian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I would suggest that by the time a child is in kindergarten he should be taught how to train the family pet using simple commands. That would indicate to the dog that humans are higher status and must be obeyed. It would also increase the child's self esteem and confidence. Win-win!
That's great, but what about babies and younger children? And what about the dogs that are too much for those older children to handle? Why not just keep the potentially dangerous dogs out of the house?

Some dogs just don't make safe family pets, even if you "raise them right." Hundreds of deaths and countless mailings of loving owners and their families have proven that you can't always love away breed traits.

Old 05-29-2021, 06:33 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Any dog breed that would even want to attack a horse (!!!!) should be banned.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:33 PM

12,343 posts, read 2,972,196 times
There are so many of these aggresive dogs that are UGLY! I remember when there more cute mutt dogs available at shelters. Maybe so many of the uggos in the shelters should tell us something.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:47 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
You folks make it too complicated.
ALL dogs Bite, Bark, Crap in other peoples yards, Eat human feces, lick their privates, Etc.
Enough reasons for me to never own one.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:20 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,742,578 times
All the police dogs, bomb-sniffing dogs, seeing-eye dogs, covid-sniffing dogs, narcotics-sniffing dogs, blind-guiding dogs, home guardian dogs, hearing-aid dogs, therapy dogs, disaster-rescue dogs, plus a few billion simple companion dogs, and all their owners and their families strongly object to post # 101. They stand up straight, they wag their tail and say : "I'll pis* on that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies