Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 08:44 AM

2,040 posts, read 4,556,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know people who were bitten by the family dog as a child, because when they were a toddler they were have a blast pulling and yanking the dog's tail, and they ended up with a nasty scar on their lip when the dog bit them in the face.

I have taught my kids from very early on, how to treat dogs and cats. You first make sure you are next to the child and dog, and teach both what is expected of them, and make it crystal clear what behaviors are forbidden. I have only had one dog, my son's, that could not be trusted around puppies or children, because he was to stupid to know how to be gentle. I go back to, how can you not know your own pets?????

I actually have one of those scars on my face - from my lip to just below my nose. This was from a 15 pound miniature poodle. I was playing with her and had her toy. She would try to get the toy from me and I would pull it back. Unfortunately, I pulled it back toward my head. She lunged at it and missed and got my face instead. Purely an accident and not malicious but it was my behavior with her that caused it.

My current dog is a cute, blonde, hairy mop. She is a great dog for me and my boyfriend. She's playful and funny. She listens to us and she has never, ever shown aggression with us. However, I don't trust her around other dogs or children. She has nipped at both in the past (not actually bitten anyone but more of a warning). I never willingly put my dog in a situation that may result in any bad reaction from her. I don't allow children around her and I don't introduce her to strange dogs.

I my think my dog is the greatest pet but I don't take anything for granted when it comes to other people or dogs outside of my household.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 09:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Having pets is a bit weird.

You don’t see bears walking around with porcupines on a leash.
Actually, having kids is. Why someone would voluntarily choose to endure the excruciating pain of labor to spend nearly a million dollars raising a child (or more than one) while losing ground educationally and professionally in this grotesquely overpopulated, decaying planet completely mystifies me. But that's another topic for another thread.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:56 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
In this crazy world, hardly anyone seems to care.
Life of an innocent kid does not stand a chance as it gets trumped every time by the love of the dogs and blaming the owners. End of the story
Not downplaying the tragedy of dog attacks on children nor the importance of being aware and diligent to avoid this happening but I read more news reports of parents and/or boyfriends or total strangers killing children than dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies