Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2021, 07:39 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

It's the teddy bear syndrome. Any animal can do unpredictable things, tame or not. If you have a captive animal categorically able to attack, maim, or kill in your home, you have to account for that. If you don't account for that, you're stupid and things like this could happen. If you insist on having a captive animal in your home, buy a small rabbit. I've never read of a homicidal rabbit yet. Or a goldfish. Or a finch. Or a sea monkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 07:57 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
While it’s true any breed of dog can technically attack, there is a key difference between some breeds. (I won’t name them, you know which they are) most breeds of dogs when they feel threatened or extremely angered can snap
And might bite, once, or bite and flee, or at worst, attack and then stop when forced to.

These other breeds have a switch. Once they engage in an aggressive manner they will not stop until what they’re attacking is dead or they themselves are dead. Literally. You can beat these dogs with a steel pipe over the head and they will completely ignore you and continue to attack their target until it’s dead. That’s the difference. That’s been breed into them. You can watch videos online if you dare of these attacks when an entire town or large group of people are trying to pull the dog off of somebody. The dog continues to attack and even when they got the dog loose it would just circle right back to the victim. In addition, as to what might trigger that switch going on in the dogs, is far less then in other dogs. Sometimes it’s even nothing at all. They will often try to attack anything living that comes within it’s vicinity.

These dogs are indeed very loving and sweet and affectionate to their owners. Just like any dog in that aspect. But to anyone else or anything else around them? All bets are off.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:59 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Good. Pits are awful, and no leftists are not filthy. Yet too many don't apply logic which I couldn't handle anymore. Glad to hear you are not like that. I agree, it IS disgusting to equate racism with a dog.

Here is a really good article about the current political correctness surrounding Pit Bulls. Some in Hollywood are afraid to speak against them as it's one more thing they can be canceled for if they don't tow the PC line about this breed. Sadly, it's come to that. It's just a freaking dog.

https://armchairanthropologist.blog/...and-pit-bulls/

I stopped reading at the words "random musings" and the use of a personal pronoun referring to the author. This isn't an article, it's a blog post. One person's opinion.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I stopped reading at the words "random musings" and the use of a personal pronoun referring to the author. This isn't an article, it's a blog post. One person's opinion.

Perhaps this will get the OP point across:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/08...6725760686.jpg

Clear the problem up for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well I'm a Conservative and have had 3 pit bulls. I have never had my dogs attack anyone
Neither did the family in the above link. Until the day it did.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:07 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Well I'm a Conservative and have had 3 pit bulls. I have never had my dogs attack anyone - now my terrier - that's another story... Our vet has never been bit by a pit bull but he has been bit by terriers and chihuahuas.
Pit bulls ARE terriers.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:16 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
When I got a gun, it was for wild animals, as Im pretty rural. Only time Ive had to use it was when a pit bull came into one of my fields and was going after my pony. Im a good shot.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:07 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Well, then I guess you didn't look at the FB groups I linked either. Firsthand experiences are similar to blog posts. I am not going to waste my time arguing about pronouns or semantics.

If I got your feathers ruffled by putting liberals on the hot seat for their part in this, I will switch gears a bit and bash conservative pit lovers who promote the breed. However, these would usually be individual owners rather than activist donors and liberal media types who have a lot more social influence.

Conservatives (many times justifiably) have complained about the Covid lockdowns and how mentally stressful it is on kids to be isolated.

Any conservative who is also a Pit/Rott/Dogo, etc. lover is a total hypocrite for saying this. Children that grow up in homes with these dangerous dog types were isolated pre-Covid. Other parents don't want their kids going to homes and having sleepovers where these dogs are. I don't blame them.

Many of these kids grow up and later post FB blogs,etc. about how isolated they were and could never have friends over because they had Pit Nutter parents. They are resentful and rightfully so.

Conservatives love to say "Liberalism is a mental disorder", but what kind of mental disorder do you have if you put a dog breed choice above your kid? Give me a break, there are only about 300 other safe breeds to choose from.

Oh, sorry this isn't a 60 Minutes piece but I will post another video with excellent commentary and investigative work from the Fifth Estate if anyone is interested. 1.5 million+ views so others think it is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFa8HOdegZA

Old 05-29-2021, 12:17 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
While it’s true any breed of dog can technically attack, there is a key difference between some breeds. (I won’t name them, you know which they are) most breeds of dogs when they feel threatened or extremely angered can snap
And might bite, once, or bite and flee, or at worst, attack and then stop when forced to.

These other breeds have a switch. Once they engage in an aggressive manner they will not stop until what they’re attacking is dead or they themselves are dead. Literally. You can beat these dogs with a steel pipe over the head and they will completely ignore you and continue to attack their target until it’s dead. That’s the difference. That’s been breed into them. You can watch videos online if you dare of these attacks when an entire town or large group of people are trying to pull the dog off of somebody. The dog continues to attack and even when they got the dog loose it would just circle right back to the victim. In addition, as to what might trigger that switch going on in the dogs, is far less then in other dogs. Sometimes it’s even nothing at all. They will often try to attack anything living that comes within it’s vicinity.

These dogs are indeed very loving and sweet and affectionate to their owners. Just like any dog in that aspect. But to anyone else or anything else around them? All bets are off.
This.

Old 05-29-2021, 12:46 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
Quote:
Well I'm a Conservative and have had 3 pit bulls. I have never had my dogs attack anyone - now my terrier - that's another story... Our vet has never been bit by a pit bull but he has been bit by terriers and chihuahuas.
Do chihuahuas attack horses, cattle, seals, buffalo, cars, trucks, tires, etc? No, but pitbulls do. Do they take people's fingers and faces off? No, but pitbulls do. Do they kill 20+ Americans every year? No, but pitbulls do.

Pitbulls may bite less often, but to act as though the bites are comparable is disingenuous. One requires stitches at the most, but usually is a nip. The other can be disfiguring or life threatening.

Pitbull vs porcupine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0RRRz1hHQ

This pitbull doesn't know when to stop. Keeps on attacking until the horse kills it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHokw9h7Hg

Old 05-29-2021, 12:48 PM

Especially for those breeds of dogs that are statistically likely to be involved in an attack or mauling, it is very much like carrying an old stick of sweating dynamite in your back pocket. It may not go off today. But it probably will at some point unless you are very lucky. And if it does, it generally means serious injury or death. I call such dogs "lawsuit dogs." Just a matter of time.

I don't think the owners of these sorts of dogs think very logically. It's a matter of risk analysis. What is the probability of an unprovoked, out-of-the-blue attack? And in such an attack, what are the likely dangers and likely consequences?

If a chihuahua goes off, which is statistically unlikely in the first place, it's likely going to be no or very minor injury. Most people could kick a field goal with a chihuahua. If a pit bull, doberman, etc, goes off, which is statistically more likely, the consequences are very much likely to be very much more severe. Deadly in many cases. And a kick likely isn't going to do much. Unless you are trained specifically how to neutralize a dog in an attack or can somehow get away, you're probably toast.

But pit bull, doberman, etc, owners don't think about that. Until someone dies or is maimed for life. Then they act all surprised. Read the freaking dog attack statistics and don't assume you are somehow exempt from probability. You want a dog, buy a pug. He ain't going to kill your kid or your neighbor's kid or some random kid on the park. Better yet, buy a canary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post

Pitbull vs porcupine.

This pitbull doesn't know when to stop. Keeps on attacking until the horse kills it.
Those videos show just how stupid pit bulls really are. As a kid, I lived on a farm. We had a dog (NOT a pit bull) who decided she wanted to try her luck with a porcupine. One attempted bite was enough to teach the lesson. We pulled quills out of her mouth with a pair of pliers for half an hour. The porcupine simply sauntered off into the distance. Our dog never bothered a porcupine again. Similar story with a skunk. We all had to pay for that one for weeks. Again. Lesson learned.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-29-2021 at 01:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies