Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 08:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I was walking my dog around the corner and a young rottweiler came running toward us from across the street. I immediately dropped down to cover my dog who was a border collie. I thought if this dog is vicious I am protecting my dog at all costs. The owner who was raising them to sell them ran out of her yard, grabbed the big dog and apologized. I was thankful the dog didn't attack us. It was a large full grown dog but it was young.
Rottweilers. Brutal stupid breed. Why God invented hollow points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 08:09 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Wonder what breed(s)...
Normally it is Pitbulls, but in this case it is Rottweilers, the 2nd most dangerous breed on the list of human fatalities.
Granted Pitbulls far out number the human death toll, but Rotts do come in 2nd.

However if you removed Rotts from the list, Pitbulls account for more human deaths than all other breeds combined!

You can have some larger dog breeds around kids and have little fear of any harm coming to them, but only an irresponsible fool would have a pitbull near children.

Before any pit apologist chimes in to counter with an antidotal story or claim it is not the dog, but rather how they are raised, don't forget many victims of pitbulls have been raised by pit apologists and only find out the hard way when their beloved angel maims or kills them.

`

Old 05-28-2021, 08:10 AM

16,421 posts, read 8,233,962 times
I guess this is why golden retrievers and labs are so popular. You never hear of them attacking anyone. There are so many hybrid dogs these days and they also seem pretty tame as well. I never thought there'd be such a thing as a Bernie doodle but here we are. Burmese mountain dogs are gorgeous and I'd rather have just one of those than cross it with a poodle..but I'm seeing more and more of them.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:14 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Well, let's just ban dogs. Domesticated cats never kill anyone... they just want to.
Indeed and they probably could kill a baby if given an opportunity.
My young son was attacked by a neighbors mean cat when it grabbed hold of him behind the head and bit him on the scalp several times.

`

Old 05-28-2021, 08:16 AM

16,421 posts, read 8,233,962 times
Maybe idiots just shouldn't have dogs. Kind of like idiots shouldn't have guns.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:40 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Where are the Democrats when you need them?! Certain breeds should be illegal and if there are young children in the household the dogs should be locked away. We need to establish background checks for dog ownership.
Good question. They are too busy defending Pits. Pit Bulls are the unofficial mascot of the woke left.

I used to be a Dem and the only time in my life I have ever been called a racist is by them when I complained about Pits. I was told I was guilty of breed discrimination. LOL I didn't know dog breeds were the same as races of people or that "doggie racism" is even a thing. I guess I am not "woke". No amount of explaining that dog breeds were created by man for the express purpose of having certain characteristics got through to them either.

These dogs were bred for bull baiting (that is why they are so strong) and when that was illegal they made it into pits to fight other dogs. Hence the name. The Rottweilers in this story were bred for the purpose of driving cattle to market. Again, another incredibly strong breed that can take down cattle weighing 2,000 lbs. Many of these breeds have no place in modern society. Certainly not in a city. They weren't bred to sit in a house all day so most are in a chronic state of frustration. In that way I of course don't blame the dog.

I am also so tired of the Pit apologist's mantra of, "it's all in how you raise them". That analogy is only used for these bully type breeds. They can't argue with common sense when I point out I can raise my beagles any way I want but they are still going to follow their nose everywhere because that is what they have been bred for centuries to do.

They see those bully breeds as empty vessels or something that they can determine or control the characteristics they exhibit. Most saying this don't know the first thing about animal husbandry. I was in rescue for about 20 years and every abused and neglected dog I came across was almost always fearful. No one "makes" a dog aggressive. Ask any good owner who had a dog snap or go off for no apparent reason. Problem is when these breeds do it, it can be deadly.

Ya know, the gov't has had HUMANS under lockdown this past year. We can't lockdown these dogs? Vaccine passports are even being considered to control a person's very movement and to know their vaccination status. We need to finally address these killer dogs.

No breed is worth even ONE child's life. They are known pet killers too. People can't even safely walk their own dog now as they are worried about getting attacked by one in the street. So crazy...they can force masks on people but not muzzles on dangerous DOGS in public?

They really ought to force sterilize these beasts and make everyone who wants to own one or worse breed one get a special license for it. If they can prove they can control it they shouldn't mind.

Last edited by motownnative; 05-28-2021 at 08:49 AM..

Old 05-28-2021, 08:44 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Maybe idiots just shouldn't have dogs. Kind of like idiots shouldn't have guns.
Darwin's theory at work.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:45 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I have found a friend. Maybe we can start a movement.
I'm as surprised and pleased as you are, friend. Good to know you.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:53 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Thought dogs were used as a euphemism for the animals shooting innocent kids, three heartbreaking recent stories of one being shot while on a trampoline, another in a car seat, another on a porch.

Perhaps the same sentiment being applied to the dogs and their owners might be applied to the perps who indiscriminately killed these innocent kids.

The dogs were discriminate while the human killers were indiscriminate.

So to clear up the confusion, which are the worst species and breed??????

Old 05-28-2021, 09:39 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Good question. They are too busy defending Pits. Pit Bulls are the unofficial mascot of the woke left.
Wow, talk about completely making up your own fake reality.

Guess what?

Liberals Like Cats More Than Conservatives Do.
STUDY: Republicans Are Dog People, While Democrats Prefer Cats.
Republicans Like Dogs More Than Democrats, Poll Indicates ....

From the latter link:
Quote:
A majority of Republicans, 51 percent, said they owned a dog. Just 38 percent of Democrats said they owned a dog.
Conservatives are more likely to have dogs. That is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies