Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 04:07 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Perhaps, because voting is a constitutional right and it doesn't matter what the will of the majority is?

There is always an assumption that getting an ID is an easy thing to do. Its not.

I've told this story before. I will tell it again. My daughter needed a driver's license which would be official ID in my state--good enough to register to vote. Unfortunately, we misplaced her social security card. We could not obtain a driver's license without that. I spent the next six weeks battling with the Social Security Administration to get a duplicate social security card for her. The card finally arrived. We had to make an appointment to go to the DMV to get a driver's license issued. As I recall, it took another two weeks to get that appointment. The license was not issued on the spot. It was mailed to us about a week later. My point is simply this. I have a functioning automobile. I was willing to make time to get these things done. Yet, it still took us about nine weeks to get a driver's license which would have enabled my daughter to register to vote when she turned eighteen. We still had to go through the voter registration process as well. All of the poor in the community do not have the resources that I have. I can easily see someone of modest means without an automobile just giving up because its too difficult for them to do all that.

Frankly, I've paid taxes (lots of them) for the last forty working years of my life. Its beyond frustrating to have go through all that BS just have to register to vote because there is some conservative ninny out there who thinks someone who isn't eligible to vote may sneak out from under a rock and somehow cast a ballot. Prosecutions for voter fraud are very infrequent because voter fraud is very infrequent.

What voter ID laws really are are republican candidate protection laws. They guarantee the election of a certain number of republican candidates in elections. Its why republican voters love them so much.
What's way more frustrating is Democrats cheating in elections. Trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 04:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why don't Democrats care that Americans overwhelmingly support voter ID laws?
Americans are overwhelmingly against a national identification card. That is what a voter ID will turn into. This is essentially the same as a demand to "show me your papers" that was common in fascist and communist countries. We now get a voter registration card but it is for our own information as to the district or precinct we vote in. Nobody asks to see it.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
What's way more frustrating is Democrats cheating in elections. Trust me.
That is full of manure. It isn't happening except in your head because you can't accept losing. Trust me.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:29 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
People use the passport as ID to vote.
Especially if they live in NYC and have never had a driver's license. My sll never had a drivers license.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:37 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Americans are overwhelmingly against a national identification card. That is what a voter ID will turn into. This is essentially the same as a demand to "show me your papers" that was common in fascist and communist countries. We now get a voter registration card but it is for our own information as to the district or precinct we vote in. Nobody asks to see it.
And that card should suffice as ID. To get it in my state I have to prove who I am with real ID. To get a driver's license I had to provide a birth certificate. The state got my photo and finger prints with the TDL application. If you have a TDL the state knows who you are. That can all be on the Secretary of state's online info to voter registrars in every county. That Kennedy motor voter rule says the state has to provide one with a voter registration card. It never said the state has to accept that information on it or put you on the voter roll.

Texas has always declined college Ids for voter id. Kids move around. The registration is for 2 years.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:48 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
What voter ID laws really are are republican candidate protection laws. They guarantee the election of a certain number of republican candidates in elections. Its why republican voters love them so much.
LOL - that's a good one. And so reducing voter fraud is a "benefit" for republican candidates.
Democrats must LUV corruption, eh?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:56 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Why don't Democrats care that Americans overwhelmingly support voter ID laws?
Because they want to be able to cheat. It's just that simple.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Especially if they live in NYC and have never had a driver's license. My sll never had a drivers license.
Then how do they cash checks, fly on an airplane, by beer, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ

Old 05-31-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And that card should suffice as ID. To get it in my state I have to prove who I am with real ID. To get a driver's license I had to provide a birth certificate. The state got my photo and finger prints with the TDL application. If you have a TDL the state knows who you are. That can all be on the Secretary of state's online info to voter registrars in every county. That Kennedy motor voter rule says the state has to provide one with a voter registration card. It never said the state has to accept that information on it or put you on the voter roll.

Texas has always declined college Ids for voter id. Kids move around. The registration is for 2 years.
And how accurate and reliable are simple IDs for college attendance?

Old 05-31-2021, 07:04 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Redshadowz and ATX Wahine answered your question very well.

It was clear that the Democrats won in 2020 by use of fraud, deceit and manipulation of ballots. If Trump had won under such suspicious circumstances as Biden did the Dems would be screaming bloody murder and the protests would still be going on while the 3rd impeachment would be well underway but the Biden "won" so we are expected to shut up and move on.

Requiring an ID to vote, what a joke. If the Democrats have their way in 2024 we will all be voting through our phones. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing as long as the Democrat comes out on top.
I see that the whining and snowflaking hasn't stopped yet for the Repugnantcans.

Never mind that these spoiled brats cried more for an election that they lost by seven million than the Democrats did for winning the popular vote in 2000 and 2016 combined.

As for the OP, Americans overwhelming support gun control, so why don't Republican politicians care? And why are all of you Repugnantcans such hypocrites for caring about one but not caring about the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies