Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 06:41 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Why do most straight men think gay men "want" them?
Who says that?

Old 06-21-2021, 06:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Hard to compare amateur locker rooms to professional ones.

Do you think the players are worried about the female employees/reporters wandering or just the gay guys?

Old 06-21-2021, 06:42 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,070,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Your right I don't tell my co-workers who I "bang"..of course I also don't post that on Social Media.
I don't tell them I had a fight with my wife...of course I also don't post that on Social Media
I don't tell my co-workers that my kid told me off..of course I don't go posting that on Social Media.

See the point yet?

Since you like the workplace analogy. If you are looking for a job do you first post on Social Media that you are looking for a job or do you tell your Boss and Co-workers that you are looking?

If you are quitting your job who do you tell first? Do you tell your co-workers and bosses or do you post it on Social Media?

There are things that are appropriate to bring up at work, and things that are not. There are also things that are better to be discussed with the people directly affected by it first.

So back to the original..this was't him about being some private person..this was an "It's all about me" moment..which he got.
Why would anyone on his team be directly affected by him coming out as gay? And I'm pretty sure they knew already.

What right does any person have to know anything private about any of their co-workers?

You're projecting demands onto somebody that you yourself won't live up to.

As far as attention grabbing, sure, he got it. But no more so than someone announcing pretty much anything right now that almost no one asked them to. It has nothing to do with being gay or not, but rather with being an insecure human being--which we all are to some extent.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:43 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Your right I don't tell my co-workers who I "bang"..of course I also don't post that on Social Media.
I don't tell them I had a fight with my wife...of course I also don't post that on Social Media
I don't tell my co-workers that my kid told me off..of course I don't go posting that on Social Media.

See the point yet?

Since you like the workplace analogy. If you are looking for a job do you first post on Social Media that you are looking for a job or do you tell your Boss and Co-workers that you are looking?

If you are quitting your job who do you tell first? Do you tell your co-workers and bosses or do you post it on Social Media?

There are things that are appropriate to bring up at work, and things that are not. There are also things that are better to be discussed with the people directly affected by it first.

So back to the original..this was't him about being some private person..this was an "It's all about me" moment..which he got.
It is very possible Nassib had already consulted with his team-mates before the instagram post. But even if he did not, don't you think it would be best that he puts it out their first before he would someday waltz his significant other into the players wives/gf's lounge after a game? See you can not compare the NFL or any other pro sport to a regular job.
Also if the press discovers the man is gay before the rest of the world does, then it becomes what they describe as "sensational news".

Old 06-21-2021, 06:43 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times
oh for crying out loud.....like he's never been in the locker room..or the showers...none of the other players know him....he has no friends...and he hasn't been playing football most of his life

some people need to get a grip....

Old 06-21-2021, 06:44 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:

See the point yet?

He's an attention w****

Old 06-21-2021, 06:49 PM

In reality this should of been posted in "current events" or the sports thread. It really is not political.

Not to change the topic, but a few days ago a German Soccer player wore a pride rainbow arm band on his sleeve during a match. A complaint was filed since the UEFA rules state no political symbols are permitted to be worn on the field.
Under review the UEFA got it right. It was ruled ok since it was not political but rather a "symbol of diversity".

Old 06-21-2021, 06:56 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
I’m an extremely proud Penn State man through and through. That said, this is NOT a proud moment for me.

By the way, Derek Carr is a very outspoken conservative Christian. The leader and QB of the team.

This just won’t end well.
https://www.outsports.com/2018/1/31/...rs-gay-support

Even conservative Christians can be open minded people. Sometimes.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
https://www.outsports.com/2018/1/31/...rs-gay-support

Even conservative Christians can be open minded people. Sometimes.
Many are;

Russell Wilson moved his wedding out of NC in protest of their law banning trans from bathrooms of choice.

Kevin Durant, whom never travels without a bible once post on social media "how proud he was that the NBA marched in a gay pride parade".

Even Mormons;

Steve Young had a banner on his front yard in support of Same Sex Marriage.

Roy Halladay left the Mormon church after their support of Calif. Prop 8.

And the list could go on.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:46 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1. Players are naked for much more time than in the shower. No one carries their clothing to and from the shower. I had many college teammates who didn't bother to use a towel to cover while walking to their locker to get dressed all the time.

2. I bet no one cares on the team, media and general public care way more than that locker room.
^^^This. I worked out at a gym years and years ago that was probably at least half gay (large gay area right by it) and showered there etc. so people saw me buck naked.

I didn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies